News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Kill Bill Vol1

Watched again last night ...forgot just how good this revenge movie was ....Tarantino at his best

The use of colour thru the different scenes, superb ....the script so tight, not a wasted minute

Yes, it's mindless, implausible, violence ......but it captures the very essence of entertainment

As usual you go down the rabbit hole of googling the movie stars .....didn't realise Uma Thurman was 181 cm

8 / 10

Hope you like black & white movies as well .....I'll just give you a few, you may not be familiar with:

1. 1951 - Detective Story
2. 1951 - Lemon Drop Kid - Bob Hope
3. 1952 - The African Queen - Humphrey Bogart
4. 1954 - Executive Suite
5. 1954 - Rear Window - Hitchcock
6 1955. - To Catch A Thief - Hitchcock
7. 1955. - Mister Roberts
8. 1957. - 12 Angry Men - Legal Drama
9 1957. - Desk Set - Comedy
10 1957. - Operation Mad Ball - Comedy, Jack Lemmon
11. 1958 - Vertigo - Hitchcock
12. 1959 - House on Haunted Hill
13. 1959 - Anatomy of A Murder - Hitchcock
14. 1959 - Don't Give Up The Ship - Jerry Lewis
15. 1959 - The Mouse That Roared - Peter Sellers
16. 1959 - Operation Petticoat - Comedy
17. 1959. - Some Like It Hot - Comedy
18. 1960. - Inherit The Wind - Legal Drama
19. 1960 - Psycho - Hitchcock
20. 1961 - Lover Come Back - Comedy
21. 1962 - To Kill A Mockingbird
22. 1962 - How The West Was Won
23. 1965 - Flight Of The Pheonix
24. 1967 - Guess Who's Coming To Dinner
25. 1968 - The Producers
26. 1968 - The Secret War Of Harry Figg - War Comedy
27. 1969 - Support Your Local Sheriff - Must Watch Comedy!
28. 1969. - The Italian Job - Michael Caine
29. 1969 - Midnight Cowboy
30. 1970. - Dirty Harry
31. 1970 - The French Connection
32. 1972 - The Godfather
33. 1972 - What's Up Doc - Comedy
34. 1973 - The Exorcist
35. 1973 - Serpico
36. 1973 - The Sting
37. 1974 - Blazing Saddles - Mel Brooks
38. 1974 - Front Page - Comedy
39. 1974 - Young Frankenstein
40. 1975. - 3 Days Of The Condor
41. 1975. - Dog Day Afternoon
42. 1975 - One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
43. 1976 - Taxi Driver
44. 1976. - The Omen
45. 1978. - The Deer Hunter
46. 1978 - Animal House - Comedy
47. 1979 - 1941 - Comedy
48. 1979 - The Onion Field
49. 1979 - Alien
50. 1980 - Caddy Shack

I didn't include many westerns, horror movies .....
Thanks mate. Greatly appreciated.

I watched Saltburn last night. Pretty overrated film in terms of word of mouth. It's basically a poor mans version of 'The Talented Mr Ripley'. Good acting and cinematography but a weak script and poorly developed characters. All style over substance. The movie also has a lot of scenes in there for shock value which were clearly designed to go viral. I'd give it a 6/10.

Dune Part 2 is a fantastic movie. Just top notch in every department. Plot, acting, music, artistic direction, special effects etc. Chalamet really got to flex his acting chops in this one after being a bit muted in the first film. This was also the best role I've seen Javier Bardiem play since No Country for Old Men.

I'm struggling to think of things I didn't like. If I had to nitpick, the pacing in the third act felt a little rushed compared to the rest of it. That's about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The disastrous Venice premiere of ‘Fight Club’

David Fincher’s Fight Club is now a certified cult classic, a favourite of film bros, and a staple in Letterboxd top fours, but it wasn’t always this way. When the subversive movie was first unveiled to the world at the Venice Film Festival in 1999, it seemed the only audience members enjoying themselves were stars Brad Pitt and Edward Norton.

The cast and crew of Fight Club knew that the movie wouldn’t be an immediate commercial hit. Critiquing capitalism and ideas of masculinity through gritty cinematography and offensive dialogue, appealing to wide audiences was never Fincher’s aim. Expectedly, the first screening of Fight Club startled Venice attendees, leaving them stunned into silence or outraged enough to boo the film.

While their unassuming viewers were shocked by the scenes presented to them on-screen, Norton and Pitt had enjoyed a joint together before the showing. “It was the Venice Film Festival and it was a midnight screening,” Pitt recalled during a conversation with People, “For some reason, we thought it would be a good idea to smoke a joint before.”

“The movie starts, first joke comes up, and it’s crickets; it’s dead silence. Another joke, and it’s just dead silent… this thing is just not translating at all,” he explained. Their fellow cinema-goers might not have been enjoying the experience, but Pitt and Norton were having the time of their lives.

“The more it happened, the funnier it got to Edward and I,” Pitt continued, “So we just start laughing. We’re the a–holes in the back laughing at our own jokes. The only ones laughing.” It’s easy to understand why the humour of the film didn’t quite translate on first viewing. It’s dark and daring, sometimes so much so that it can alienate viewers.

Norton even remembered some viewers booing the screening “very loudly” while recalling the experience on The Late Late Show, but even the sounds of boos couldn’t drown out the pride he and his co-star felt for the feature. In fact, they only served to enhance the meaning and impact of the film.

“As the credits went up Brad looked at me and said, ‘That’s the best movie I’m ever gonna be in,’” Norton remembered, “and I said, ‘Me too.’ And it didn’t matter, it was… it was almost like if no one was booing we hadn’t pushed it far enough.” The film certainly pushed the limits, and while that may have limited its success at the time of release, it has only served the cult reputation of the film in the long run.

What problem did Arnold Schwarzenegger have with the script of Terminator 2?

Since the second it came out, Terminator 2: Judgment Day became a classic, and to this day is considered by many to be the greatest action movie of all time.

But before the movie started shooting, Arnold Schwarzenegger had a problem with the script and I can't blame him for it.

James Cameron revealed in an interview with The Ringer:

I could tell there was something bugging him, right? We were pals at this point. Post-Terminator, we rode motorcycles together.

And he said, ‘Jim, I have a big problem with the script.’ I said, ‘Well, what is it?’ And he said, ‘I don’t kill anybody.’ I said, ‘I know, right? They’ll never see that coming. Nobody will guess it.’

He said, ‘I know, but one thing is a surprise. Another thing is I don’t kill anybody and I’m the Terminator.’

This is happening on some terrace at Cannes and everybody’s looking. I’m like, ‘Let’s talk this out.’ I give him all the reasons how it’s going to work. He said, ‘I know, but everybody knows I kick in the door and shoot everybody. That’s what I do.’

Up until now, I hadn't noticed he never killed anyone in the film, and that shows how good the film is. The characters are so good that we don't even notice that the T-800 is not doing what he is known for but still manages to be the badassest badass of all badasses.

That's a bloody awesome movie!
Damn right.

I'd say it's my favourite horror film or at the very least, it shares the top spot with Alien.

It wasn't popular when it came out in the 80s. Critics didn't like it, audiences thought it was a buzz kill and didn't like the gore.

I don't like telling people their taste in movies is wrong but for this I make an exception. They were wrong.

Damn right.

I'd say it's my favourite horror film or at the very least, it shares the top spot with Alien.

It wasn't popular when it came out in the 80s. Critics didn't like it, audiences thought it was a buzz kill and didn't like the gore.

I don't like telling people their taste in movies is wrong but for this I make an exception. They were wrong.
are you big into Horror?

Ive played some horror games, but honestly the most horror movie ive ever seen is Ash v the Evil dead.

are you big into Horror?

Ive played some horror games, but honestly the most horror movie ive ever seen is Ash v the Evil dead.
I wouldn't say I'm heaps into horror. I like the ones that have a bit of sci-fi. Less into supernatural horror or slashers.

First two Evil Dead films are pretty good. Bruce Campbell is always entertaining. Haven't seen the third one but I've heard its bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back