Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

The Eagles just won a flag doing this. I think the problem is that we just didn't have the types of players needed to execute this basic plan. We've obviously recruited with the long kick to full forward in mind and got some speed and skill around our marking targets for the inevitable spills. Hopefully, we mix it up a bit and honour the leads into the space that will open up as defenders drop back to spoil the mark.

The issue isn’t with the tactics... it’s with the quality of the targets & how well you kick it to them.

A long ball is very effective if you move it quickly & kick it to your team mate’s advantage.

Last season we didn’t do either of those things very well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last five years? Make it last 25 years

Game plan 80's to mid 90's - kick it to Lockett
Next Game plan mid 90's to early 2000's - kick it to Loewe
Third Game plan 2000's to 2015 - kick it to Riewoldt

Coaches employing this game plan
Doc
Kenny
Stan
Timid
Blight
Thommo
RTB
Watters
'Cho

It was awesome when they had the choice of Gehrig AND Riewoldt.

The issue isn’t with the tactics... it’s with the quality of the targets & how well you kick it to them.

A long ball is very effective if you move it quickly & kick it to your team mate’s advantage.

Last season we didn’t do either of those things very well at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schneider used to amaze me , ball would bomb in, tall defenders all around him, he'd wriggle his hips a bit, turn around and take it on the chest.

last five years? Make it last 25 years

Game plan 80's to mid 90's - kick it to Lockett
Next Game plan mid 90's to early 2000's - kick it to Loewe
Third Game plan 2000's to 2015 - kick it to Riewoldt

Coaches employing this game plan
Doc
Kenny
Stan
Timid
Blight
Thommo
RTB
Watters
'Cho
Timid lol
Don't forget Cho's original set up! The one that had success written all over it......

Kick it long to Beau Maister!

Maister has Paddy covered

giphy.gif

Sensational. That’s the best news I’ve heard this preseason. Lewis Pierce the focus of the long bomb during modified match sim....
Kick it long to Lewis :thumbsu:

137487b9de32fdb4.gif~c200

god that was awful. At least it shows the list has improved.

Selective memory.
In 2012 Maister played only 10 games , scoring 1.5 goals per game on average. That's better than Kosi who played 19 for 1.4.
In 2013 Maister played 7 games for 1.4 per game, behind Lee (10 game 1.7) and ahead of Kosi ( 5 games 0.8).
In 2014 Maister had SFA. Did he play in defense. Our second highest goal scorer ( per game ) was S White. 2.0 (Got to love statistics) .
Stanley 0.9, Siposs, 0.7, Hickey 0.4.

In 2017 Membrey 1.9 Bruce 1.8 Riewoldt 1.7 Battle 1. Paddy 1.
In 2018. Membrey 1.7. Bruce 1.3 Battle 1.2 Paddy 0.9

So they weren't bombing it to Maister that much, and when they did he was more effective than Paddy or Battle during the last couple of years.

Hhhmm.

I remember him having the upper hand on Alex Rance, before breaking a collar bone, and leaving the field. I also recall him man handling Heath Grundy one on one at the Swans. I can still see him smashing packs against the Hawks and Collingwood. Again, don't let the injury get in the way of seeing the capability. This boy can clunk them.

This boy is a gun, all we need is for his health to hold up.

Selective memory.
In 2012 Maister played only 10 games , scoring 1.5 goals per game on average. That's better than Kosi who played 19 for 1.4.
In 2013 Maister played 7 games for 1.4 per game, behind Lee (10 game 1.7) and ahead of Kosi ( 5 games 0.8).
In 2014 Maister had SFA. Did he play in defense. Our second highest goal scorer ( per game ) was S White. 2.0 (Got to love statistics) .

So they weren't bombing it to Maister that much, and when they did he was more effective than Paddy or Battle during the last couple of years.
Selective memory.

Selective memory? Always! Thanks for digging up the stats, he's done better than I remembered but didn't play a lot either by the looks of it. I'm fairly sure Kosi was doing a bit of ruck work, so I'm not sure that comparison is fair. Those names from 2014 don't exactly instill confidence!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selective memory? Always! Thanks for digging up the stats, he's done better than I remembered but didn't play a lot either by the looks of it. I'm fairly sure Kosi was doing a bit of ruck work, so I'm not sure that comparison is fair. Those names from 2014 don't exactly instill confidence!

What are you talking about, Stanley was going to be the Ruck/Fwd everyone wanted, and Spenca and Sippo were the next big things.

Finished the season with 6 jack's on our list. According to BF we were losing Billings to Bombers, Steven to cats, Lonie to Pies or GWS, and most were hoping Newnes to anywhere. Now in early December we find ourselves with 7 Jack's on our list. Who would of thunk that!

441F80B0-E27C-4553-97CF-96B9E2E253A7.jpeg

• Oscar is healthy and doing all training.
  • He ran a personal best 3km time trial for his time at the club, which is nearly equal to his PB as a 17-year-old. This was impressive as he’s now nearly 10kgs of muscle heavier.
  • For his height his leg strength is in the top 10% for the 1-4 year players
  • He continues to make improvements to his upper body strength and size but needs to keep this going. He is doing absolutely everything right to achieve this.
  • Oscar is the utmost professional and has an outstanding attitude to both hard work and a balanced lifestyle.

What are you talking about, Stanley was going to be the Ruck/Fwd everyone wanted, and Spenca and Sippo were the next big things.
Stanley was going to be the taller Riewoldt.... Spencearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr was going to be our Franklin and Sippo was the Goddard replacment...
but as it turns out Stanley was more interested in his Pugg dogs... Spencearrrrrr was more interested in himself and Sippo was on the nose with Watters from day one ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back