Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Apr 26, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
A new game will be coming out soon called Project Origin. It won't be called FEAR 2 because the developers changed but it follows the FEAR storyline and has the FEAR characters.

[youtube]1I3DHX6Zxh4[/youtube]

[youtube]Dpa0YpdM_uQ[/youtube]

Looks very good, hopefully some of the graphical problems on the PS3 can be fixed for no.2, the first was s**t scary and the AI was brilliant, so I can only imagine this will be just as good!

FEAR 1 was great for the first hour or 2 of playing because the theme was so awesome and slightly scary even in a non shock horror way (I'm looking at you Doom 3). Seeing the tiles fly off the walls as you walk through the corridor was actually scary and don't get my started on little Alma.

After a few hours of playing though, I got kind of sick of it. The enemies were all the same, as were the levels. It just seemed to be area after area of dark, bland industrial area.

Overall. FEAR 1 Pros:

-Amazing graphics, even to this day
-Great scary theme
-Cool firefights
-Developer commentary was very long and in depth, great for someone like me who is interested in game making.
-Slow Mo was kind of cool but more of a novelty IMO. I often forgot I had it and it barely affected me

Cons:

-Steep system requirements. I could originally only play the game on low to get a reasonable FPS and even after upgrading to a beast of a machine I couldn't get to high without some slow downs.
-Generic levels
-Generic monsters

I must add though, despite my critisism,s I'd still give it about a 7/10 and I now feel like playing the original and expansions when I get time and then the 2nd one :p What are the expansions like?

I got F.E.A.R. when I got my PS3 which was back in October or thereabouts and I only just started playing it recently because I hadn't rated it much. I don't think the graphics were very good, maybe because it was just so dark and boring and I assume you played it on PC which could be different?

I have only been playing it because I don't have any other games to play, but I don't have any great urge to get stuck into it now. I really hate dark games where sometimes you can't even see the enemy even when they are shooting at you. It does get a bit freaky at times which is pretty cool but it bores me.

I played it on PC yeah so I could bump the graphics above the PS3 level but I was already quite impressed with them. It is an 05 game though so, for its time, it was amazing. Now it's more a standard level.

I also noticed that nearly all of the cool freaky bits were near the start of the game so once they started to run out the game became a lot more boring. All of the trailers showed early parts of the game with these bits.

The first one was pretty ordinary, i certainly wouldn't be giving the 360 version any graphical kudos either. Playable, but pretty forgettable.

The best thing about the game was the funny little skippy walk the guy you controlled used to do. Clip clop clip clop clip clop.

Reminded me of the horse riding scene in "The Holy Grail"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back