Protecting George Pell

Remove this Banner Ad

I am not sure how any rational person could look at the evidence in Pell's case, that has been made public, and not at least have some questions about how a guilty verdict was reached.

In addition to this, I look at that recorded interview of him (i assume in Italy or the Vatican or wherever it was) with the Police and think that this is exactly how I would react if I was being accused of something that I didn't do.

I am not sure how any rational person could look at the evidence in Pell's case, that has been made public, and not at least have some questions about how a guilty verdict was reached.

In addition to this, I look at that recorded interview of him (i assume in Italy or the Vatican or wherever it was) with the Police and think that this is exactly how I would react if I was being accused of something that I didn't do.

On the other hand, if he did, the arrogance is breathtaking

We're back to Pell couldn't rape boys in 5 minutes, 2 minutes. Church is too busy. All a big conspiracy. Surprised there hasn't been another mention of Lindy Chamberlain and how she didn't rape boys at Church.
Oh there you are.

What we’re back to and people are finally beginning to wake up to this is that on the analysis of the majority, Pell and the choirboys needed to be in 2 places at once for the offence to have been committed.

Last edited:
Oh there you are.

What we’re back to and people are finally beginning to wake up to this is that on the analysis of the majority, Pell and the choirboys needed to be in 2 places at once for the offence to have been committed.

So are you claiming the majority is right, or the truth? Sounds a little like an Al Capone job to me

So are you claiming the majority is right, or the truth? Sounds a little like an Al Capone job to me

I am simply pointing out that the majority judgement (of the Supreme Court of Appeal) doesn't even stand up to its own version of the "facts" as they present them. No person, not even an Archbishop or choirboy, can be in 2 places at once. Time stops for nobody.

On the other hand, if (as) he didn’t, the complaint is contemptible.
It's interesting that you are so generous with someone who turned a blind eye to offenders, helped cover up for offenders and then fought against paying compensation to victims.

When he himself is accused by two separate individuals, found guilty in a court of law, had his conviction upheld on appeal (once), yet you seem awful upset about Pell being called arrogant? Why is that?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pell is let off on what is perceived to be a technicality, in what looks like a bunch of establishment weirdos in fancy dress speaking some private language getting a child rapist who is also a firmly establishment weirdo in fancy dress speaking a private language off a jury verdict, it will be very very very bad for this country.

If there's some new evidence that exculpates him, all good.

But if basically the High Court says, no The People got it wrong, it will be bad.

Not rioting in the streets, though there will be protests of sorts, but for trust in our institutions, which are pretty tenuous as is.

Especially given the crowing that follow from Bolt/Devine et al.

This is how societies end up in very very bad places, when trust is lost.

We're back to Pell couldn't rape boys in 5 minutes, 2 minutes. Church is too busy. All a big conspiracy. Surprised there hasn't been another mention of Lindy Chamberlain and how she didn't rape boys at Church.

Surely Robert Richter, who convinced a jury that when Mick Gatto shot a bloke dead with no witnesses, it couldn't have been murder, could convince this jury, even a few of them, there's no way Pell could have done it?

God bless, George Pell.

You're literally cozying up to a convicted child sex offender.

No wonder your Libs are unelectable in this state.

I attended the prosecutor's closing, which spelt out his case, which was impossible.

I have said why it was impossible many times.

A close look at the majority judgement shows just why it was impossible.

There was not sufficient time for the parties to be at the place alleged in order for the offending to occur.

The offending couldn't have occurred after that, as acknowledged by the majority, because of the numbers of people present.

2 minutes plus 2 minutes plus 1 minute does not equal 0 minutes any which way you look at it.

2 minutes to exit the church.

2 minutes to get back to the sacristy.

1 minute get into the altar wine.

This is the gaping hole in the majority judgement.

Let's not forget your most crucial piece of evidence, the smoking gun, the incontrovertible fact:

What your reckon you heard Sharnelle Vella say in the lift.

Its about the law not a cheering comp, you want your mob to win, no more.

Mate, if we are terrorist lovers, you can be Pedo lovers.

by the way Im not making a judgement on guilt here, just saying if true, the catholic church surely is sick from top to bottom

Mate, if we are terrorist lovers, you can be Pedo lovers.

by the way Im not making a judgement on guilt here, just saying if true, the catholic church surely is sick from top to bottom

Clearly I misunderstood your post, I took you as making a judgement on guilt. Its the judgement thats in question.

Oh there you are.

According to you.... it was impossible......now you're trying to weasel out of it by saying it didn't need to be impossible. LOL LOL LOL.
Gives an indication that you're just parroting nonsense you read in Catholic Weekly.

On top of that you're back to your tried and tested method of completely misrepresenting the judgments that you don't like.
Another indication that you're just parroting nonsense you read from some pro-child rapist Pell writer. Probably Bolt.

Tell us, if not 5 minutes, how long would it take for Pell to rape a child?

Surely Robert Richter, who convinced a jury that when Mick Gatto shot a bloke dead with no witnesses, it couldn't have been murder, could convince this jury, even a few of them, there's no way Pell could have done it?

They've consistently argued 'impossible' despite their own witnesses not coming within 50 miles of demonstrating that it was impossible.
They were banking on the testimony of the Keystone Cops to provide some form of specificity to an otherwise general argument. They failed miserably.
Not only did the Keystone Cops not provide any specificity they all but unravelled the general argument.

Read Weinberg's judgment. It is a clear indication that the defence arguments failed. The only thing left is the credibility of the complainant which Weinberg attacks relentlessly because it is Pell's only hope.

It would not surprise me at all if the manner in which he has been defended is a result of the pure arrogance of Pell himself.

They've consistently argued 'impossible' despite their own witnesses not coming within 50 miles of demonstrating that it was impossible.
They were banking on the testimony of the Keystone Cops to provide some form of specificity to an otherwise general argument. They failed miserably.
Not only did the Keystone Cops not provide any specificity they all but unravelled the general argument.

It would not surprise me at all if the manner in which he has been defended is a result of the pure arrogance of Pell himself.

Yep, as I said all along the "impossible" argument was stupid.

Should have just thrown doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back