question about surfing ????

Remove this Banner Ad

hoss

Norm Smith Medallist
May 28, 2004
South
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm not into surfing, but was wondering why when you hear surfing results on TV, or read results in the paper they have some surfers listed as Hawaian and others as USA. Aren't Hawaiin surfers American???

I still don't know why they surf under the "Hawaii" banner and others are listed as USA. Hawaii is a state of the USA. It would be like having some Aussies surfing as Australians and let say vics as Victorians. Doesn't make sense.

Seven said:
No. They're Hawaiian.

yes but Hawaii is a state of America. i have never been able to figure that one out myself, personally i dont know how keen they are to be known as American, would you? when i was there earlier in the year they talked about being Hawaiian not American too.

RooDog said:
yes but Hawaii is a state of America. i have never been able to figure that one out myself, personally i dont know how keen they are to be known as American, would you? when i was there earlier in the year they talked about being Hawaiian not American too.
They're Hawaiin.

Surfing doesn't take into account geography. Forget that Hawaii is a US state. In Surfing the three biggest producers of pro surfers are Australia, the US, and Hawaii.

If they had a sort SOO or world cup concept the Hawaiins would be separate from the US.

bunsen burner said:
They're Hawaiin.

Surfing doesn't take into account geography. Forget that Hawaii is a US state. In Surfing the three biggest producers of pro surfers are Australia, the US, and Hawaii.

If they had a sort SOO or world cup concept the Hawaiins would be separate from the US.

thanks, that's what i wanted to know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back