Random Discussion - NO POLITICS, NO RELIGION

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've decided to pull up stumps at work and finish in two weeks time. A combined 36 years of public service dealing with the public on a daily basis is enough for one person. I leave the federal public service without a pay rise since 1/7/13 and I'd like to thank all those who voted conservative at the 2013 and 2016 federal election. It's knocked the s**t out of my retirement plans. However money doesn't rule my life and the bitterness which eventually subside. I'm planning to rehab body and spirit in the short term. Longer term I have a number of dreams that I would like to pursue. I would like to become fluent in Italian. I would like to take some guitar lessons. Unlike Harry I want to make it cry and sing. I have a desire to volunteer. I'd like to help out at the National Archives. We have to preserve our history. A greyhound maybe. Renovations. My wife is in charge of renovations. A bit of travel. Sundry creative pursuits and plenty of gardening. Love growing veggies. Fruit trees are coming along. And of course footy. Might even sneak along and watch the boys train.

I've decided to pull up stumps at work and finish in two weeks time. A combined 36 years of public service dealing with the public on a daily basis is enough for one person. I leave the federal public service without a pay rise since 1/7/13 and I'd like to thank all those who voted conservative at the 2013 and 2016 federal election. It's knocked the s**t out of my retirement plans. However money doesn't rule my life and the bitterness which eventually subside. I'm planning to rehab body and spirit in the short term. Longer term I have a number of dreams that I would like to pursue. I would like to become fluent in Italian. I would like to take some guitar lessons. Unlike Harry I want to make it cry and sing. I have a desire to volunteer. I'd like to help out at the National Archives. We have to preserve our history. A greyhound maybe. Renovations. My wife is in charge of renovations. A bit of travel. Sundry creative pursuits and plenty of gardening. Love growing veggies. Fruit trees are coming along. And of course footy. Might even sneak along and watch the boys train.
Thank you for your service Robbo.
Based on observations of recent retirees, you'll love the change in lifestyle and look younger in just a month or two. And we look forward to the photos on the travel thread.

I'll tell you what I didn't expect in 2017 ..... For Myself, the wife and the three kids to witness a tragic plane accident at Langley Park in Perth on Thursday .... put an extremely sad, tragic dampener on what was otherwise a great six days in Perth .....

Thoughts and support go out to all members of the Lynch family :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My top 5 scary suburbs in Melbourne.

5. Deer Park.
4. Campbellfield.
3. Reservoir.
2. Dandenong.
1. Sunshine.

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this list as there are plenty of suburbs that deserve an apology. I will not be swayed on the top 2 but know there are some that are stiff to miss out!

Strangest top 5 I've seen.

Wouldn't Noble Park and Narre Warren be worth a mention?

Why are they strange? If you have spent time in any of them you would not call them strange. If you added your two in which would you take out?

I grew up in Reservoir. Will never forget being scared of the youths who would hang out in front of the local milk bar and stare me down when mum sent me there on errands as a kid.

Also, my cousin told me a lion that ate kids lived in the creek that ran behind my grandpa's house who lived a couple streets away.

Why are they strange? If you have spent time in any of them you would not call them strange. If you added your two in which would you take out?
Reservoir would come out straight away... but I would consider putting Heidelberg West in there instead of Noble Park and Narre Warren.

Noble Park and Narre Warren are both worthy of being in the top 5 I reckon... but Heidelberg West, around the old Olympic Village, was damned scary. Where the shops had security screens inside and outside the windows. Where apparently the cops only went when there was 4 to a car.

I grew up in Reservoir. Will never forget being scared of the youths who would hang out in front of the local milk bar and stare me down when mum sent me there on errands as a kid.

Also, my cousin told me a lion that ate kids lived in the creek that ran behind my grandpa's house who lived a couple streets away.

I worked at a bank in Reservoir for 2 years straight out of high school....anyone on here suggesting it should be out of the top 5 clearly has not spent much time there?! Scary, scary suburb!

Reservoir would come out straight away... but I would consider putting Heidelberg West in there instead of Noble Park and Narre Warren.

Noble Park and Narre Warren are both worthy of being in the top 5 I reckon... but Heidelberg West, around the old Olympic Village, was damned scary. Where the shops had security screens inside and outside the windows. Where apparently the cops only went when there was 4 to a car.

Heidelberg West is right up there. I live not far from there and my grandma used to live there. Some horrible, horrible stuff along Southern Road and Liberty Parade!! I would have to agree and this was right on the borderline for me. A very rough suburb.

5. Deer Park.
4. Campbellfield.
3. Reservoir.
2. Dandenong.
1. Sunshine.

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts on this list as there are plenty of suburbs that deserve an apology. I will not be swayed on the top 2 but know there are some that are stiff to miss out!

Reservoir and Sunshine? It's not 1982. Both are the very definition of hipster gentrification these days.

The only danger to your wallet in those burbs is the $800,000 plus you need for a house.

5. Deer Park.
4. Campbellfield.
3. Reservoir.
2. Dandenong.
1. Sunshine.

Well i must admit that i don't read the HeraldSun or watch the six o'clock news so these suburbs hold no fear for me .

Spring st , Collins st , Toorak etc are responsible for far greater levels of evil i would have thought ...

I worked at a bank in Reservoir for 2 years straight out of high school....anyone on here suggesting it should be out of the top 5 clearly has not spent much time there?! Scary, scary suburb!

Amazing that quite a few people on this forum are so familiar with the area.

My wife is currently a youth worker at Ressie High school. Very very challenging job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back