Roast Rd 19, 2014 - Melbourne vs Brisbane Lions Vent Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, could you imagine this place if we'd lost?

I will note that we started coming back once the umps stopped blowing their whistles out their nether regions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unacceptable.

Hmm, post is a bit bare...

tumblr_inline_n3rqdmrgm21sohk3w-gif.40779

I feel despite the last quarter, as beautiful as it was, we can't ignore how poorly we played in quarters 2 and 3. The umpiring didn't help at times, but our spoiling was absolutely atrocious. Melbourne took far, far too many contested marks around the ground for mine. I think it was one of the weaker games I've seen Clarke play too. He and Bewick are notorious for taking on too many tackles.

Forward 50 entries. Sure, Sauce wasn't providing much, but most of our entries were extrememly putrid.

the AFL.
Tweeting pics like this (often), thinking it's a great example of Australian Football contests.
afltweet.JPG
A handful of jumper, and a fair bet there was high contact as well. They don't give a * that the "exciting play" they publicise imagery of is illegal s**t that the umpires constantly miss.
Melbourne got away with this all day. I'd be surprised if Jamar got more than 2 touches that were actually legal, certainly in ruck contests.

the AFL.
Tweeting pics like this (often), thinking it's a great example of Australian Football contests.
View attachment 71483
A handful of jumper, and a fair bet there was high contact as well. They don't give a **** that the "exciting play" they publicise imagery of is illegal s**t that the umpires constantly miss.
Melbourne got away with this all day. I'd be surprised if Jamar got more than 2 touches that were actually legal, certainly in ruck contests.
Ruck contests are a disgrace.

Ruck contests are a disgrace.
I don't study them closely, but today (for the first time, and only a couple of times) I noticed that presumably because rucks aren't supposed to engage in wrestling before the ball is thrown, they now stand apart and a second player from either side put the physical pressure on the opposition's ruckman. I'll have to watch again to be sure, but if that's the case, and allowed, what a waste of time and new rules.

Hard drive ran out of room at 3 quarter time!
I only wanted to watch the last Q ... farken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back