Autopsy Rd 8: Dogs battle bravely and come up just short against Hawks

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the boys gave it a really good crack.

Looked well organised, just pipped by a really good opponent playing some fantastic footy.
The Hawks will smash Carlton, Collingwood, Sydney, Melbourne, GWS and any team that challenges them. We are an amazing team that were shafted by the umpires and the corrupt AFL system. But we need to be optimistic because we will smash them in the GF. Signed by a fu%%ing delusional perro_loco!!!

PS SACK BEVERIDGE!!!

Appreciate the sentiments scray.
I really do.
But I have never seen us so meek and terrible.
If you guys lose this week then I’ll be astonished and I’ll help you walk bevo out the door.
We ain’t winning again for a while I think.
When teams think they are at rock bottom it seems we are the kings of turning their fortunes around. Fremantle lost to West Coast the week before they beat us, Essendon lost by 70 points the week before playing us etc.

We won’t do anything to nullify Richmond’s strong points. Nank will towel English up like usual, only thing he’ll win is the disposal count. Can see Baker and Richmond’s vets carving us up, Martin will probably turn back the clock too.

You’re right you may not win and I’m just being incredibly pessimistic, but don’t expect to be thrashed.

Searching to find where we sit in the competition.

If your off slightly any team can get you, is such the evenness of the competition. Was asked about 3 of the last 10 being losses to West Coast and hawks twice. Repeated evenness if competition.

24 defensive half turnovers for 8 goals 4 behinds was the game.

Bulldogs fans would be happy with how we play some times but not so much other times.

We have a good mix of experience and youth.

Everyone the club is on the same page. He has thick skin and the media will create their narrative.

Concerns with Libba stumbling in the middle again after only doing it a couple weeks ago but hasn’t been given an update yet. Will take a cautious approach.

From the brief
Dogs supporters are happy when we play a certain way and would be happy with us scoring 90 odd today, we work on the balance between the two phases of the game and gaining momentum and halting it, we searching to get it right on game day

I literally can’t remember the last time I was happy with how we played

I thought we were going to play more direct this year with the new coaching staff. But no back to the boring sideways kicks or worse backwards. I was screaming at Bramble to not go sideways to Jones in the last.
The only time we played attacking footy was when got a little momentum in the last only for Garcia to fumble and that was the ball game. Agree with the poster who had a go at vdm being a pain after he kicked that goal. Everytime we try to be smart arses at the start of a game we end up losing. Why give opp added incentive. Even our banner was cocky. We are not good enough for that sh!t.

Last edited:
Why wouldnt Richards rotate between mid and half back. It's like the coaches think there is a rule you can only rotate mids through half forward. Just dumb coaching. We have to take some short term pain with Richards which is fine, but the coaches need to mitigate it.

If we were any good, JJ wouldn’t be getting games. Jesus he puts in some shockers. Yes he’s soft, everybody knows that. But it’s his constant desire to ask for hands off while running on his very non-dominant left side that makes me want to cut my balls off.

Our kick-ins are ****ed and somehow getting worse.
We only have two go to moves from kick-ins.

1. Dale kicks it to an unguarded teammate 30 metres out. Sprints past, gets the handball receive boots it long.
  2. Somebody else kicks it in and turns it over.
That someone else today was JJ and his kick in front of a stationary English was as bad as it gets. The irony of it all is that it was almost identical to the game changing somebody else game changing disaster of English kicking in late last year against the Hawks.

Life as a bulldog is indeed a flat circle that we are doomed to repeat forever.

Edit: It's fantastic having Dale back to his best. For this I will give Beveridge the credit.

It was a timely and much needed kick in the arse.

Last edited:
When teams think they are at rock bottom it seems we are the kings of turning their fortunes around. Fremantle lost to West Coast the week before they beat us, Essendon lost by 70 points the week before playing us etc.

We won’t do anything to nullify Richmond’s strong points. Nank will towel English up like usual, only thing he’ll win is the disposal count. Can see Baker and Richmond’s vets carving us up, Martin will probably turn back the clock too.

You’re right you may not win and I’m just being incredibly pessimistic, but don’t expect to be thrashed.
Nah, we are also flat-track bullies. Historically when the heat turns up on Beveridge, the team usually lays the beatdown on some below-average opposition the following week (round 2 & 6 this year).

I literally can’t remember the last time I was happy with how we played

2015-2016 knew exactly what we would get week in week out.

2021 was a great ride both in season and final series.

Outside of that it’s been a chore to watch us

Gardner and Keath are definitely not the answer.
But neither are Khamis or O'Donnell.

Gardner and Keath got absolutely slammed for games that were nowhere near as poor as those two were today. That's the reality. Khamis and O'Donnell were absolutely large parts of the reason Hawks were able to have 33 shots from an actually below-average amount of inside 50's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We only have two go to moves from kick-ins.

1. Dale kicks it to an unguarded teammate 30 metres out. Sprints past, gets the handball receive boots it long.
  2. Somebody else kicks it in and turns it over.
That someone else today was JJ and his kick in front of a stationary English was as bad as it gets. The irony of it all is that it was almost identical to the game changing somebody else game changing disaster of English kicking in late last year against the Hawks.

Life as a bulldog is indeed a flat circle that we are doomed to repeat forever.
The kick-ins are somehow getting worse. Richards is another who often runs out into the right pocket with a very ordinary opposite foot (yes I know he kicked a right foot goal today but that was in the goal square and came off the boot like a pie).

Opposition teams love having kick-ins against us, however.

Gardner and Keath got absolutely slammed for games that were nowhere near as poor as those two were today. That's the reality. Khamis and O'Donnell were absolutely large parts of the reason Hawks were able to have 33 shots from an actually below-average amount of inside 50's.
JOD and Khamis also have a future at the club, Keath and Gardner are past it.
JOD and Buku can also kick. Granted they were poor tonight but they need to be persisted with. The smalls were much more of a liability tonight.

We are fantastic at finding / inventing new ways to fluff simple goals . Just a Clown Show 🤡

On the other hand, we are perfectionists at gifting the opposition easy goals up the other end. I think it was 8-9 goals off direct turnovers. Under 12s stuff ..Once again, A Clown Show 🤡

If someone can tell me what the F Matt Spangher does or adds to the coaching group please advise.
The fact that he wasn't even hired to be a line coach but we've kept him in charge of our forward line for 3 years with zero coaching experience at any level says everything you need to know about our football department

Buss has to come in and if not Keath then Cleary

On SM-S926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We are fantastic at finding / inventing new ways to fluff simple goals . Just a Clown Show 🤡

On the other hand, we are perfectionists at gifting the opposition easy goals up the other end. I think it was 8-9 goals off direct turnovers. Under 12s stuff ..Once again, A Clown Show 🤡

We’ve good super mobile huge ruckman innDarcy and English. Plus Bont and Naughton who great in the air.

Why not just kick it direct to them, down the middle if necessary.

Seems like we are scared of the contest.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back