Richmond 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

you know you are pretty much no chance against the might of the Dees, the new dynasty team
We belted them late last year, and a few mistakes meant they came back. We can easily beat them.

Seethe harder from the bottom part of the ladder - what's it like down there? We've not finished near the bottom in a long, long time.

They made a mistake by not maximising on the best player in the competition, with Dusty, and should have gone all out last trade period to pick up Tom Mitchell.

We belted them late last year, and a few mistakes meant they came back. We can easily beat them.

Seethe harder from the bottom part of the ladder - what's it like down there? We've not finished near the bottom in a long, long time.

* in home & away

The more familiar story is the 83 point preliminary final defeat

But if we're not competing for a flag what are we doing? For all of Geelong regular season success over the past 10 years they have nothing of value to show for it.
How many All Australians does Dustin Martin have again? Not as many as Joel Selwood or Patrick Dangerfield.

I think our car crash is a long way away, perhaps to our destriment. I think we are already in the process of a very slow descent.

The poison of it all is that, on the right day, we could still fluke a premiership.

But crash? For whatever reason, perhaps the home ground advantage, I don't think we will.

In 09 and 11, I KNEW we would win it. Haven't had that feeling since.

I think our car crash is a long way away, perhaps to our destriment. I think we are already in the process of a very slow descent.

The poison of it all is that, on the right day, we could still fluke a premiership.

But crash? For whatever reason, perhaps the home ground advantage, I don't think we will.

In 09 and 11, I KNEW we would win it. Haven't had that feeling since.
Is it better to die now and get to heaven sooner or spend eternity in purgatory?

I'm just hoping for a quick resurrection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back