Game Day Rnd 4 Dogs V Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

What exactly are you trying too say?

Your claiming Sando to be a great match day coach and he had nothing, no plan b....

We started against WCE on fire and got over ran quickly and he had no response

Our home record in the past two seasons was shocking, a great match day coach has great home game records and he did not

What was Sando's record after 4 games?

Who cares because his 3 year record stinks

Forget his 56% that was inflated on the back of year 1 when he inherited a super fit list to which he dissolved their fitness base

He missed the finals two years running with a.good list

Your claiming Sando to be a great match day coach and he had nothing, no plan b....

We started against WCE on fire and got over ran quickly and he had no response

Our home record in the past two seasons was shocking, a great match day coach has great home game records and he did not

Not at all. Sando was at best mediocre, Walsh has shown nothing too prove he's better. Today was his test and he failed. I'm not at all calling him poor, despite his age he is still inexperienced at match day coaching he will improve just as our team will throughout the year

Not at all. Sando was at best mediocre, Walsh has shown nothing too prove he's better. Today was his test and he failed. I'm not at all calling him poor, despite his age he is still inexperienced at match day coaching he will improve just as our team will throughout the year

FFS your comparing 3 years to a 4 game sample size

However opposition coaches have said that we have improved tactically and even considering todays result we have already seen improvement in our forward pressure and tackling

Sando had 3 years to show us whatever that catch cry "Crows Football" was all about however many of us still struggle to describe what it actually was, at least with Walsh qe can see the trademarks that he wants to develop but lets give him a fair opportunity

The players didn't start switched on. The character of the team will be defined by how they respond.

They allowed themselves to be over run and succumbed to pressure.

Too many sub par performances across the board.
Completely agree

I wasn't a big Sando supporter and I was perfectly fine with the club getting rid of him at the end of last year.

But I hate this hyperbolic ever evolving narrative that he was a fraud who couldn't coach at all and wasted years of a talented team who should be playing finals football.

He was an average coach with a bunch of flaws and Adelaide has an average list with a bunch of flaws. One good year and two bad is a pretty natural result.

If you read Sanderson's article explaining what inevitably led to his dismissal you would undertand the post (which I admit in hindsight was not my greatest)

I stand by saying from what we've seen sanderson is a better game day coach, Walsh had no answer for the Bulldogs press. it was evident last week, teams seem to nulify our "more kick less handball" game style. Without a plan B on an off day when kicking is woeful this could become a common occurrence unless we have something too turn too.

coat.gif

Not sure our supporter base has the patience to go along for the ride and watch us build to be honest. The changes to our whole club are obvious but the ultimate success won't come immediately.

The problem with this generation is they want everything now

They are all a bunch of Veruca Salt's (the old one was on TV on Friday night)

I'm willing to be patient. As you mentioned, the changes are obvious to see. But i feel the 3-zip start got a few people a tad too excited and maybe got a bit ahead of themselevs

Even still, we're 3 and 1. If we can somehow get a win this week, we then play GC, Saints and GWS (may be a tough one!) Not too bad a run....

Get the 'maturing' attitude that with bit of time we'll be a better side. But with the way the weekends gone, Hawks, Swans etc outplayed in 1st and coming home strong in second half...I expected we'd stand up more late. Guess we're not as far along as I thought..
Hawks and Swans played in the Grand Final last year. Where did we finish? It's not that hard an equation if you really think about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although it seems ridiculous Walsh lacked game day experience today, the Bulldogs used our press against us and he had no plan b for it.

People can say what they want but under sanderson we never saw a performance that poor
Are you serious? o_O Oh what short memories some have.

The players didn't start switched on. The character of the team will be defined by how they respond.

They allowed themselves to be over run and succumbed to pressure.

Too many sub par performances across the board.

Agree. It was the players, THE CROWS PLAYERS! who couldn't bring even individual competitiveness to the contest yesterday. Not the coach FFS. Ease up.

The only thought I have with this sort of game is that maybe when there is a super focus on just one aspect (ground ball) through the week, these players lose the mindset for 'basic' footy. Dunno.

Agree. It was the players, THE CROWS PLAYERS! who couldn't bring even individual competitiveness to the contest yesterday. Not the coach FFS. Ease up.

The only thought I have with this sort of game is that maybe when there is a super focus on just one aspect (ground ball) through the week, these players lose the mindset for 'basic' footy. Dunno.
Coach was sub-par too. It was across the board. Now the thing to remember this is NOT a new occurrence for the Crows. Last year we were Jeckyl and Hyde and who knew which team would turn up to play on any given day. This, as quite a few have eluded to, is indicative of a lack of mental toughness. I would hope that Walsh was prepared for something like this to happen - in fact, I am surprised it took 4 games to appear. Maybe he was too? How both he and the players react this week will be the telling factor on how the rest of the season will pan out. We don't want platitudes and words of encouragement, we want to see actions.

As far as were we too focussed on one aspect (ground ball) and lost the focus on others? I remember my son's first game in Under 12s (first real competitive footy) where the young, inexperienced coaches said to the players "right, we want you to get 35 tackles today". Reinforced that at each of the breaks. "Good job boys, we got 7 tackles that quarter, let's see if we can get 10 this quarter" to the obvious effect of the boys not actually taking possession of the ball - AT ANY STAGE in the game. They had to tackle, and so they did. I would expect that from Under 12s. AFL professional footballers, not so much.

We are 5th on the ladder.

Most have said 6th would be par for the season.

Not sure if people expected us to be 6th and yet have 22 perfect polished performances.
It was the nature of it though. Getting rag-dolled by a very young team that is unlikely to make the eight.

That just doesn't happen, even to average teams.

Something was very wrong yesterday and the fact that after half time following a 60 minute wake up call our 'reaction' was to play worse should send a tremor through the club.

It was the nature of it though. Getting rag-dolled by a very young team that is unlikely to make the eight.

That just doesn't happen, even to average teams.

Something was very wrong yesterday and the fact that after half time following a 60 minute wake up call our 'reaction' was to play worse should send a tremor through the club.
GWS vs Sydney rnd 1 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back