Roofest

Remove this Banner Ad

Noticed this idea in the phorum - basically a concert made up of acts with a NM connection - ie You Am I's Tim Rogers is a big rews fan, John Farnham - weeellll I'm sure some of our mothers might have a soft spot for him, and Mark "Wally" Wallace from the Weddos is a North supporter.

Yeah....Farnsey.....er, isn't he just one of those celeb footy fans who always gets his face in the papers at the sniff of finals action? I thought that his "passion" for the club was a bit superficial. But if he draws people through the gates, it'd be a great idea. Tim Rogers though has been sighted plenty of times at North games, sitting in the outer with the rest of us. Onya Tim!

Anyway, Roofest would be a great idea....any chance of getting an elephant to walk along the wing of Arden Street again?
wink.gif

Originally posted by Shinboners:
Anyway, Roofest would be a great idea....any chance of getting an elephant to walk along the wing of Arden Street again?
wink.gif

Naaah, you'd never get Calthorpe to run laps.

[This message has been edited by Darky (edited 23 March 2001).]

Wally Wallace is wearing a North jumper on the back cover of the "they were better live" album (bloody Barclay is wearing a Dons jumper). Got Mick Thomas's new album - it's not quite the Weddings but it's pretty good.

"If there any place you'd rather be than with me at the MCG/and if the Saints get done again oh Christ I wouldn't care"

In the credits for the Tim Rogers and the Twinset album Tim thanks Byron Pickett and Glenn Archer. Love his work.

What's wrong with me. I dislike You Am I and Weddings almost as much as John Farnham... Well not quite that much.

------------------
Are We Not Men
We Are DEVO

Originally posted by The invisible mullet:
Wally Wallace is wearing a North jumper on the back cover of the "they were better live" album

In the credits for the Tim Rogers and the Twinset album Tim thanks Byron Pickett and Glenn Archer. Love his work.

Other North Melbourne references in pop (and I've posted this before, so one more time won't kill you)....

"At Home And Abroad With The Steinbecks" by the Steinbecks (Summershine US release) has the cartoon North mascot on the back cover.

"Another Faux Pas In the Cathedral Of Love" by the Sugargliders mentions our colours, royal blue and white.

"Top 40 Sculpture" by the Sugargliders has the lyric, "Laidley, Allison, Carey, Longmire, GOAL!".

Filmclip for "Will We Ever Learn?" by the Sugargliders has a North jumper hanging on a peg in the opening ten seconds.

Anyway, I'll be checking out my mate's kid sister's Human Nature records to see how many Essendon references they have.
wink.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back