Preview Round 10 2024 – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs, Saturday May 18, 4.35pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, 6 weeks each.

Anyway, I think/hope Fahey comes in. Plays a similar game to Ash. Can be pretty creative with ball in hand. I haven’t loved Ash to be honest, thought he was going to develop into a slightly more explosive player but that’s maybe another discussion.

I liked Rowston on the weekend. Deserves another shot.

XO is an obvious in. So maybe the two forced changes and Stone out, although I don’t like bringing in youngsters for only one game. Feel like they need some adjustment time.

I’d be dropping Bedford but that won’t happen. Guy needs a rocket.
Been horrible all year.

OK, you beautiful orange people! Help me out here.

If someone buys a cheap GA ticket, can they grab a seat at the middle parts IF there are empty seats available after the first bounce?

Also, is there a way to buy a seat in the stands where members seat if it's available?
Good questions.:think:

They police the stands where the members sit, or at least where I sit, which is on the western side of the ground. You have to show your ticket to gain entrance to those areas.

I don't know whether or not we have a member's seat re-sale program.

OK, you beautiful orange people! Help me out here.

If someone buys a cheap GA ticket, can they grab a seat at the middle parts IF there are empty seats available after the first bounce?

Also, is there a way to buy a seat in the stands where members seat if it's available?
Plenty of people sneak in to the Members area. There was plenty of complaints about opposing supporters doing so last year so they've been marginally more proactive this year. You could probably get into the middle parts on the non-Members area super-easily.

The rivalry with the Bulldogs might be our second biggest rivalry after the Swans, but unfortunately we have only won 1 of our last 6 matches against the Dogs. The good news is that win was in our last encounter with them last year when we won by less than a goal. That level of toughness and resilience will again be required against them - especially after our loss against Essendon and the big win the Bulldogs had. Kingsley and the leadership group have a lot of work to do, and the selections will be interesting.

The rivalry with the Bulldogs might be our second biggest rivalry after the Swans, but unfortunately we have only won 1 of our last 6 matches against the Dogs. The good news is that win was in our last encounter with them last year when we won by less than a goal. That level of toughness and resilience will again be required against them - especially after our loss against Essendon and the big win the Bulldogs had. Kingsley and the leadership group have a lot of work to do, and the selections will be interesting.

They’ll just pick the usuals ( O Halloran, Wehr etc ) and keep the boys club happy. Bulldogs will tag Whitfield and shut down the running game.

XOH & Wehr return.

Round 10

GIANTS v Bulldogs
Saturday, May 18 at 4:35pm
ENGIE Stadium | Wangal Country

FB: Connor Idun, Sam Taylor, Harry Himmelberg
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Jack Buckley, Harry Perryman
C: Nick Haynes, Tom Green, Finn Callaghan
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Jesse Hogan, Conor Stone
RR: Kieren Briggs, Callan Ward, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Darcy Jones, Xavier O’Halloran, Jacob Wehr, Aaron Cadman, Harvey Thomas

Ins: Xavier O’Halloran, Jacob Wehr
Outs: Josh Kelly, Lachie Ash (injured)

Emergencies: Lachlan Keeffe, James Peatling, Ryan Angwin

So how is this going to work?
Agreed.

Seems to put us in the same predicament that we've all discussed - Whitfield being the be all and end all of our attack from the defensive half.

Stone can consider himself very lucky considering the importance of this game. Even though being demoted after a single game is best avoided, I don't think he showed a great deal of promise last weekend.

Agreed.

Seems to put us in the same predicament that we've all discussed - Whitfield being the be all and end all of our attack from the defensive half.

Stone can consider himself very lucky considering the importance of this game. Even though being demoted after a single game is best avoided, I don't think he showed a great deal of promise last weekend.
Definitely agree about Stone. I guess without him we would've been running too many smalls up forward. Need that medium forward who can also take a mark as well. Hope he has a better game this time.

I wonder if it's possible that we use Wehr off half back. He's fast and has a very accurate kick. Anyone know if he's played a role like that before?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely agree about Stone. I guess without him we would've been running too many smalls up forward. Need that medium forward who can also take a mark as well. Hope he has a better game this time.

I wonder if it's possible that we use Wehr off half back. He's fast and has a very accurate kick. Anyone know if he's played a role like that before?
Yeah, when he first came into the team he played off half back, so should be familiar to him. Remains to be seen if that's where Kingers puts him - which I would prefer to Haynes, as the latter makes the defence too tall and lacks runners IMHO.

I would have preferred to see Fahey come in and get a run.

I've been told I must remain a bit calmer with my footy fandom..... These picks do nothing to make me calm.
I loath the mutts but they arent fools. They will go after Whitfield.
To be fair, Bevo is not the smartest dog in the pound. He fluked a premiership that should rightly have been ours in 2016, due to the help from the biased VFL referees. Bevo is a coach under significant pressure, and is probably a very bad game away from getting fired. I would back Kingsley against Bevo any day of the week.

Wehr was recruited as a defender out of the SANFL.

They have rotated him through the back 6 this year to give him exposure and allow him to be the defensive contingency if we lose a defender mid game (like he did when Taylor went off). They play a tall forward line so there is the option of swapping with Haynes on the wing.

Given the length of the absence for Ash it is somewhat surprising that Fahey is still not the preferred option in the back 6.

Do we think the preferred game style is actually to move the ball through LW out of the backline? I actually don't think that is the intention of it, it is just happening that way. We want to move the ball quickly and create forward handball chains. LW is trusted so players look for him. I am suggesting the reason we didn't make a change in the backline is we are trying to move the ball in a number of ways out of our D 50 and we have become to LW centric lately.

I am suggesting it is the players not the coaches who get the ball moving by involving LW so much.

Wow, 6 weeks each.

Anyway, I think/hope Fahey comes in. Plays a similar game to Ash. Can be pretty creative with ball in hand. I haven’t loved Ash to be honest, thought he was going to develop into a slightly more explosive player but that’s maybe another discussion.

I liked Rowston on the weekend. Deserves another shot.

XO is an obvious in. So maybe the two forced changes and Stone out, although I don’t like bringing in youngsters for only one game. Feel like they need some adjustment time.

I’d be dropping Bedford but that won’t happen. Guy needs a rocket.
Harsh on Bedford. When watching live you can observe the hard yards he does with his running. Often unrewarded but plays his role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back