Preview Round 11 2024 – Geelong Cats vs GWS Giants, Saturday May 25, 4.35pm AEST, GMHBA Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see that Kingsley is confident - hopefully the result in Saturday will reflect this.

Still, Kingsley isn't giving up hope of the club claiming their maiden flag this season.
"We're still inside the top eight. We've just got to get our season back on track," Kingsley said on Thursday.
"We've got to move the ball a bit better than what we have as an overriding principle of trying to get more inside-50s. We're just being shut down in that phase of the game a little bit too easily.
"That's partly us. It's partly opposition, so we can fix what we can fix ourselves and keep working on it."

Good to see that Kingsley is confident - hopefully the result in Saturday will reflect this.

Still, Kingsley isn't giving up hope of the club claiming their maiden flag this season.
"We're still inside the top eight. We've just got to get our season back on track," Kingsley said on Thursday.
"We've got to move the ball a bit better than what we have as an overriding principle of trying to get more inside-50s. We're just being shut down in that phase of the game a little bit too easily.
"That's partly us. It's partly opposition, so we can fix what we can fix ourselves and keep working on it."

Not the first time this week that Gruzewski has been mentioned.
Either researching on BF or something floating around.

Geez the club has let itself down over the last month. Chances are we go down this week… and I’m not sure there has been a premier that has lost four in a row.

Hi all, I come in peace.

Just want to get a sense of who is missing from your best 22 - obviously Kelly, Ash, Brown, Buckley. Am I missing anyone else?
And Brown.

Attachments

• IMG_7258.jpeg
    IMG_7258.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 6

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was sure either Cadman or Riccardi would be dropped for Keeffe.

They've got to be on their last chance to perform.

I can see Briggs being worked over - again.

Briggs could have an advantage in the ruck… far stronger than their ruck.

Hopefully the umps see it that way - sometimes strength in a contest is misinterpreted as a free against.

He's definitely stronger, but he'll be run ragged.

I thought Wehr was ok last week. We are showing a lot of faith in the game plan to beat everybody rather than planning each week on how to beat the opposition. I feel like this week is season defining. Even an honourable loss but playing 3 qtrs of good footy would be a positive.

Three reasons to be optimistic!

GWS has won its past three matches at GMHBA Stadium, including last year's seven-point victory that kickstarted its campaign, also in round 11.

That is the best active winning streak at the venue, with 12 of 17 clubs – excluding Geelong – having lost their most recent visit.

In fact, no club has won four in a row at the Cattery against Geelong since 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back