Prediction Round 10, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Bringing Sheed back so early has been such a disaster. The writing on the wall was there but in the past as average as he has been defensively or with his decision making he at least was able to contribute to the side by getting his hands on the ball. Now he he offers nothing.

I rather bring Culley and/or trew in. I know Trews missed a couple weeks but we are crying for an inside mid. Bloke needs to be given a chance as his form prior to the concussion was quite good

Culley would be a good inclusion to battle Viney or Petracca through the midfield..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'd be surprised if all 3 played.

Waterman because I've read that he went for scans, so he's a no go.

Gov because he was in hospital, but he does go there a lot, maybe he likes the food?

Yeo because his injury was groin related and he has a history with groins, mostly his own.

Hope you don't mind this intrusion. But I must say I love your work. Funniest thing I've read since extracts from Justice Lee's judgement in the Lehrmann defamation case.

Loch Rawlinson seems to have disappeared off the radar as fast as my mid hopeful in Connor West's short reign.
I might be biased, but Clay Hall has the g&t along with Reid to mix it with Petracca and Viney.
If the team is going to rebuild it's no use using the same old blocks like Gaff and Sheed.
There's some talent in the squad, so there's no harm to give them a run. It' not like the WCE are going to make the 8.
Simmo could be waiting all year before the next generation of players leap off the pages of WAFL.

I’m almost a little bit disappointed was looking forward to having a few weeks of what life after Jack darling was gonna look like
Hopefully that happens later in the year when we have a fit Oscar, with maybe long and Ryan back to full form, and Flynn in the ruck.

Not right now.

Loch Rawlinson seems to have disappeared off the radar as fast as my mid hopeful in Connor West's short reign.
I might be biased, but Clay Hall has the g&t along with Reid to mix it with Petracca and Viney.

Rawlinson didn't do much on debut and his WAFL form since hasn't been amazing. Can't expect too much from a rookie listed player in his first year.

Hall was one of our best during pre-season and word was he was close to a debut round 1 before his injury. Would definitely be good for his development to give him a game as the sub.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am fairly sure Gov and Waterman will be available. Gov was dirty on having to go to hospital according to Simmo. Wanted to sneak in the 3rd quarter before jumping in the Ambo. Yeo sounds close but I think (and hope) they give him one more week to make sure.

Out: Petro and Sheed
In: Waterman and Culley

Prepared to give Ryan one more crack at it given he seemed to come alive in the last quarter. We have eaten sh1t with him for 7 of the last 8 quarters, lets back him to come good this game to make it worth it.

If Yeo does come in, probably Johnston to make way but would prefer it was LEdwards.

Throwing caution to the wind, this is who I'd like to see in this week -
Gov, J-train, Yeo, Petrol, Culley, Hall (wrist brace optional), Dewar, Johnston,
Ryan and all the usual suspects...wiggle the magic magnets and make it happen?
Out - Sheed, Sheed, Sheed...

After watching what was a pretty light training run the changes could be as simple as Waterman in for an injured Petruccelle

Pretty certain Gov will play

Yeo still a maybe. Looks like he wants to play. If he doesn’t Sheed will stay but along with Luke Edwards he’d be a candidate to be dropped

Hough was absent from training so I’m putting $20 on him to be this weeks surprise omission when the team is announced. (To be clear, I don’t know why he missed)

I’d like them to retain Johnstone as sub or maybe give Culley a crack

Meanwhile, Brad Scott whinges about Essendon's 'travel' demands and it's crickets from the media...
Let me rephrase this: Melbourne based coach Brad Scott whinged about travel and the Melbourne based ‘national’ media said nothing. Why am I not surprised?

Wouldn’t be surprised to also hear the Pies moaning about having to travel (to Marvel) last match.

I really think it’s about time the non-Vic clubs starting getting together to make noise about evening up the comp (travel, fixtures etc etc). Their threat could be ‘mitigation or litigation’ given the league are so absolutely s**t scared of litigation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back