Prediction Round 10, 2024: Changes vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy that Yeo isn’t playing
448.gifv

Any explanation for Harvey’s omission from the team? Our selections continue to baffle me. Just what are our selection committee seeing that keeps Sheed in over a young up and coming player like HJ? Sheed was terrible again on the weekend.
Was it Harvey wearing the wrist brace at training?

You can talk about availability at the moment but it is disappointing that all of Ryan, Sheed and Darling continue to get selected.

The MC obviously thinks that Ryan's form isn't far away, and I tend to agree, but it is a really bad message that his last 3 games continue to get him picked in the team. I think the club has earned back some respect this year with selection integrity but this is a step back.

Sheed isn't protecting any of the younger guys so bin him for Trew or Hall and let's take a look at what we've got.

Darling's form isn't great, better though he started last week. With Waterman, Maric and Williams though I think you could argue his is the spot we have the most coverage for.

You can talk about availability at the moment but it is disappointing that all of Ryan, Sheed and Darling continue to get selected.

The MC obviously thinks that Ryan's form isn't far away, and I tend to agree, but it is a really bad message that his last 3 games continue to get him picked in the team. I think the club has earned back some respect this year with selection integrity but this is a step back.

Sheed isn't protecting any of the younger guys so bin him for Trew or Hall and let's take a look at what we've got.

Darling's form isn't great, better though he started last week. With Waterman, Maric and Williams though I think you could argue his is the spot we have the most coverage for.
Other players don't perform like sheed and seem to have credits??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sure Simmo said last weekend that Dewar will be staying in. So I don't think he'll be sub.

I assume they wanted Johnston to play a full game and don't think he's ready for full AFL duties so put him back into the WAFL for a bit.

Culley would be a good story to see us in.

I think our HF line lacks some pace without Petch, don't want to go too tall and lose all pressure from the HFFs. It was bad enough last weekend with Collingwood slingshotting.

JJ, Maric, Culley and Rotham with Dewer sub would be my go.
HJ had 2 games as sub and last week had 2 more qtrs than probably expected. Now he has had a taste he will go back to the WAFL and try prove he should be in the top side.

I think Maric either misses out or goes to defence in place of Rotham. 4 Tall Forwards + Ryan doesn't work, they tried it against the Suns and Maric played most of the game up on the wing. The other factor is that the West Coast forward pressure has been poor all year. Ryan, Dewar, Cripps and 4 talls makes it even worst, so Jones plays as an aggressive forward.

Rotham is on the extended bench and seems to escape criticism on here compared to others but he is horrible and Dermie said it well - you would expect better effort from a 60 game player.

I think Maric either misses out or goes to defence in place of Rotham. 4 Tall Forwards + Ryan doesn't work, they tried it against the Suns and Maric played most of the game up on the wing. The other factor is that the West Coast forward pressure has been poor all year. Ryan, Dewar, Cripps and 4 talls makes it even worst, so Jones plays as an aggressive forward.

Rotham is on the extended bench and seems to escape criticism on here compared to others but he is horrible and Dermie said it well - you would expect better effort from a 60 game player.
There is zero chance Maric doesn't play assuming he's fit.

Ryan was fine last game. No issues with him being selected.

Darling will remain until Flynn / Allen are back.

But yeah sheed should be out way before Harvey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back