Game Day Round 10, 2024: Waalitj Marawar vs Narrm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one has kicked a whopper goal before 3/4 time then any goal in the 4th is a whopper goal I believe. Think we will be able to nab a goal in the last to get the Whopper across the line myself.
I'm sure there was a game in the last few years where we didn't kick many goals and they triggered the "Whopper Goal" message at a random point in the 4th quarter.

Danger signs we are going to get bullied in submission.

We will have lathargic Kelly running around and have Oliver and Trac will try to bully Reid.

Reid confident will be hit and he will never be the same. it's all over. Should have rested Reid for this one.

Then we will have Ginbey misreading ball drops trailing his opponent 3 meters at centre bounce

Melbourne by 80
...and the umm...good news?

Their mids and defenders will absolutely steamroll us. May and Lever are obviously elite then they have Tomlinson as their 3rd tall who beat Jeremy Cameron a couple of weeks ago. Our young forwards have been decent but we havent played against an elite defence since GWS in round 2(Freo too but they shat the bed), good test for them to see where they are really at

They dont really have a normal forward line, itll be the likes of Petracca, Fritsch, Kosi, we dont have great matchups for all of them. Hough to Kosi? Who gets Fritsch, Rotham? TB and Gov have got Petty and Brown. Does Cole have to matchup on Petracca if he goes forward? Feels like Petracca and Fritsch get away with easier matchups.

Would Ginbey be a matchup for Petracca? could sit on him in the midfield and follow him when he goes forward. Definitely matches up physically

Night games are the best! (even if it's sunday)
Home crowd and a special day for our band of brothers.
Although highly unlikely, a win would be outrageous, a competitive loss would be ok?
But hoping to see a return of team pressure and some special efforts by a few players.
Harley to work through the close attention and provide a highlight or two?
Can Ryan and Dewar (and JJ) provide some spark?
Can Floppy Dom suddenly start running? (it's a miracle)
Snakes back!
Mildly excited over this one, like watching the boys on the home deck.

Last edited:
To put it into perpective, we only lost to the soon to be placed 2nd on the ladder team by only a goal two weeks ago. I think we are alot better now. We just faced nearly every top 8 team so far.

Judging by the way some posters are predicting the outcome of a game that won't start for another 5 hours, it seems that these posters would make excellent candidates to write the Sliding Doors column for the AFL page.

Danger signs we are going to get bullied in submission.

We will have lathargic Kelly running around and have Oliver and Trac will try to bully Reid.

Reid confident will be hit and he will never be the same. it's all over. Should have rested Reid for this one.

Then we will have Ginbey misreading ball drops trailing his opponent 3 meters at centre bounce

Melbourne by 80

To put it into perpective, we only lost to the soon to be placed 2nd on the ladder team by only a goal two weeks ago. I think we are alot better now. We just faced nearly every top 8 team so far.
Yeo being out is huge though. He is our most contested midfielder we have and Yeo brought spirit to the players around him.

I'd go as far as saying that Yeo is our most important player. Without him it's a lot different then two weeks ago.
We are relying on Kelly today to do everything. Who's been a little down in form without Yeo.

Reid and Ginbey both are still very raw. Glimpses of quality but both don't get quite enough of the pill just yet to turn a game on its head. Sheed and Edwards and that's where it will fall apart for us as those two are missing a yard of pace for us to compete or even break even.

Predictions - Melbourne by 29.

Liam Ryan to get jealous of Harley and fly for mark of the century but drop it.

Some people to be happy with Chesser's game, some not.

Sheed to get booed, commentators to be confused about why so many Collingwood supporters are in the crowd.

Harley Reid to cramp up in the 4th quarter.

All I’m really looking for is the following today.

1. Liam Ryan to not look completely disinterested for 2 or more quarters
2. Dom Sheed not working as hard as possible to avoid making a contest
3. Our defenders not giving their opponents far too much space and then not being able to recover when they inevitably get the ball.

If we don’t start strong could see them getting a run on pretty quickly and the entire half being gone before we know it.

Predictions - Melbourne by 29.

Liam Ryan to get jealous of Harley and fly for mark of the century but drop it.

Some people to be happy with Chesser's game, some not.

Sheed to get booed, commentators to be confused about why so many Collingwood supporters are in the crowd.

Harley Reid to cramp up in the 4th quarter.
It makes me unhappy that others aren’t happy at the unhappy people who aren’t happy with chessers game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won’t win a game this year without Elliot Yeo.

Nobody else is brave enough to say it, but I will.

Elliot Yeo is a good player!

This is nuts

We haven’t played Melbourne in Melbourne for 10 years. Last time was in 2014

Played at either Subi or Optus 10 times and twice in the NT since then

They’re the reverse Brisbane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back