Game Day Round 10 vs. Adelaide, MCG, 1:45pm Sat 18/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I'm thinking depending on the availability of JDG and Titch.

Richards faded hard yesterday, and that's understandable given he started like a house on fire and we had no bench. The fact it's a 6 day break makes me think he'll be pushing it up hill to have an impact against a better opposition. Sub probably suits him very well for this week.
Sound reasoning. He would be good as a sub. He was the surprise package of the game. He was so much better than I thought he was going to be.

All these injuries. Aren’t good at any point. Also interesting to see so many injuries to players across a lot of teams at present.

But I would prefer (outside of the obvious not at all) we cop injuries now rather than end of year heading into the finals.

Keep banking as many wins we can same as last year when we lost players; Cox, Cameron, McStay etc and then make a big assault at the finals when we get our best players back.

I feel like when we lost DeGoey, Moore and Naicos 4 weeks out from finals last year it was pretty bad. So we had the tall crisis early and then the class crisis late.

I feel like when we lost DeGoey, Moore and Naicos 4 weeks out from finals last year it was pretty bad. So we had the tall crisis early and then the class crisis late.
Yeah I forgot all that stuff. Touch and go with injury in the finals. We are a club that would like to put its supporters through the wringer if wringers still existed, which they don't.

At least One of Michell or JDG will play
Give Jordy another week at least to make sure he’s %110 and I only want Titch in the side as a break glass in case of emergency
We need to keep rotating Sullivan Richard’s and Macrae and hopefully Allen through the side to keep our depth healthy
Sullivan has gone past Mitchell already

Give Jordy another week at least to make sure he’s %110 and I only want Titch in the side as a break glass in case of emergency
We need to keep rotating Sullivan Richard’s and Macrae and hopefully Allen through the side to keep our depth healthy
Looks like Carmi’s being delisted end of year too going by latest ins and outs

So a bloke who has played 1.5 career games has surpassed Titch, who has likely been hampered by injury this season? OK.

Sound reasoning. He would be good as a sub. He was the surprise package of the game. He was so much better than I thought he was going to be.

He was better than absolutely everyone expected him to be. Anyone who thought he'd have that impact is lying! I guess it'll be interesting to see how he backs it up but it does go to show how hard it is to stay impactful in a small forward role, especially in an average VFL side.

Should be a timely reminder for everyone wanting to nag Mccreery, Schultz etc when they have a quiet game in the AFL. Even Hill can go from 3 goals one week to 3 touches the next.

Sullivan has been great but even an average Mitchell game is still better. He was close to BOG for the grand final.

Sullivans gone past Mitchell ?.. in two games ?..lol.. pull out the video of the grand final and watch very carefully ..when the whips are cracking Mitchell will be there if we go deep into back to back quest

We missed out on a leading forward yesterday badly.
McStay could have kicked 5+ with the delivery.
I would not be surprised to see both (AJ and Freddie) play with Billy and Checkers still out.
HH out,
Howe out,
Bytel out,
AJ in,
Freddie in,
Schultz in.
Mitchell sub.

Give JDG the extra week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hearing Elliott could be out 8-10 weeks. Club going to issue an update today or tomorrow I believe. Anyone heard any updates on him?
Geez, that would be horrific for him. The vibe from fly didn't sound that great. And given his back injuries over the years, its concerning.

We'll see tomorrow.

So a bloke who has played 1.5 career games has surpassed Titch, who has likely been hampered by injury this season? OK.

Clearly not.
But he's been great for those 1.5 games.

Currently covering Adams' role at low cost, which will help take load off Mitchell.

He's actually had the same centre bounce opportunities as Adams (due to injuries) & making the most of it - more clearances and score involvement.

Big win if he can sustain it....

1715564789581.png

A win last night plus a win against Collingwood would've put crows within 2 points.
I initially thought a draw with the essendon pies draw kept both in it but its actually screwed both Adelaide and Brisbane.
Nothing to play for now and we should roll over the top.of them comfortably.
Give all the depth players from yesterday another shot
Degooey Elliot and Mcreery can come in for the injured players. Otherwise no change

A win last night plus a win against Collingwood would've put crows within 2 points.
I initially thought a draw with the essendon pies draw kept both in it but its actually screwed both Adelaide and Brisbane.
Degooey Elliot and Mcreery can come in for the injured players. Otherwise no change
Elliott & Beau won't be in this week. Fly's already confirmed it.

Hopefully the rumour about Elliott being out for weeks is incorrect.

If only life and footy was that easy.

If only life and footy was that easy.
It is Adelaide will continue to come up short.
Look at their coaches since Blight
Ayres Craig Sando (quickly sacked) Walsh (RIP) Pyke Nicks always go for the same hardarses who wind them up too tight and choke them at the last minute.
Compare Pies Malthouse hard arse but basically let them do what they want outside game day
Bucks 2018_19 he relaxed and delegated came good
Mc Crae fun ster and the results speak for themsleves

It is Adelaide will continue to come up short.
Look at their coaches since Blight
Ayres Craig Sando (quickly sacked) Walsh (RIP) Pyke Nicks always go for the same hardarses who wind them up too tight and choke them at the last minute.
Compare Pies Malthouse hard arse but basically let them do what they want outside game day
Bucks 2018_19 he relaxed and delegated came good
Mc Crae fun ster and the results speak for themsleves
Hopefully they come up short on Saturday.
Good/interesting points re: coaches of previous years.

Clearly not.
But he's been great for those 1.5 games.

Currently covering Adams' role at low cost, which will help take load off Mitchell.

He's actually had the same centre bounce opportunities as Adams (due to injuries) & making the most of it - more clearances and score involvement.

Big win if he can sustain it....

View attachment 1987871
Since 2/3 of Sullivan's sample size comes in the form of a West Coast shellacking, I wouldn't be reading too much into the numbers.

He was better than absolutely everyone expected him to be. Anyone who thought he'd have that impact is lying! I guess it'll be interesting to see how he backs it up but it does go to show how hard it is to stay impactful in a small forward role, especially in an average VFL side.

Should be a timely reminder for everyone wanting to nag Mccreery, Schultz etc when they have a quiet game in the AFL. Even Hill can go from 3 goals one week to 3 touches the next.
Just knowing he has genuine pace and a heart as big as his body is a huge plus. He also seemed poised and calm every time he got his hands on the pill. His decision making was outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back