Game Day Round 11, 2024 - Hawthorn vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big day in the DF house hold. Taking my two year old to his first Lions game with me. Will buy him a beanie and I have four pink donuts in my pack. Looking good.

I need to distract his mother though as she disapproves of eating too much crap.

Have to start winning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really the best call on sub IMO. Wastes Sharps best attribute and feel like this forces us to push Berry wide again. Plus Reville hasn't been putting in full game time. If someone else gets injured we are going to be struggling to run out the game.

Think Reville or Answerth would have been smarter options from the bench options we had

Not really the best call on sub IMO. Wastes Sharps best attribute and feel like this forces us to push Berry wide again. Plus Reville hasn't been putting in full game time. If someone else gets injured we are going to be struggling to run out the game.

Think Reville or Answerth would have been smarter options from the bench options we had

We don't really use the sub as a strategic tool anyway so Sharp was basically dropped.

Following on from my thoughts earlier in the week, I'll be watching closely how well our talls compete forward of the ball, after we were pretty comprehensively destroyed in that aspect last year.

If we can't do that, it'll be a question of slowing their ball movement, which we also struggled with last year and has been a common thread through Hawthorn's matches this year.

Need to stop them getting the ball in the first place.

We don't really use the sub as a strategic tool anyway so Sharp was basically dropped.
Our use of the sub has been one of my biggest bugbears for a few years now. I dont get why we seem to refuse to tactically think about it.

And before someone says its minor and barely has an impact, we lost hmthe grandfinal by how much? Why do we not try and get the best out of every aspect of the game?

Broncs also playing our bogey team 😂🤦

And at day time, we don't know how to play at day time.

But in terms of the Lions, Sharp as sub makes me so annoyed. He's been fantastic and Reville would have been the perfect sub if we had to play Ryan for some reason.

Just never feel good against Hawthorn and today is no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back