Review Round 11, 2024 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Trouble is when they put Dixon back in the team it hinders his progression.

I felt like we were playing two different game plans yesterday.

When we get the ball moving and lift our eyes how simple does it look to hit Todd lace out on a strong lead, for the most part though we still bomb it in rather than being a little more patient. This all revolves around the Dixon mentality. Even when we are 70m out we still bomb it in most of the time. They seem happy that a million entries will eventuate into goals as opposed to efficiency.
Its already been shown multiple times that Marshall performs better when Charlie is in the side.

And thats even with Marshall kicking bags against non-existant defences when Charlie is out.

Do we have to post the 2022 season results again where Marshall was considerably more consistent in the second half of the year after Charlie's return?

Its already been shown multiple times that Marshall performs better when Charlie is in the side.

And thats even with Marshall kicking bags against non-existant defences when Charlie is out.

Do we have to post the 2022 season results again where Marshall was considerably more consistent in the second half of the year after Charlie's return?

The whole bomb it in game-plan doesn’t work for Marshall, it exists for Dixon. I’d rather see more of what I saw yesterday.

lol Didn't Butters murder some North spud years ago when the North spud lined him up when Butters was still like, 48 kilos?

Yeah i remember that game, think he took out about 3 north players, including a tackle on goldstein when he was running at full pace

lol Didn't Butters murder some North spud years ago when the North spud lined him up when Butters was still like, 48 kilos?
Ziebell tried to kill him and he laughed at him

I thought he was excellent against the Kangaroos with outstanding pressure and a couple of goals that could've been more.

The Perminator is quietly having a very good second year as a medium forward. Very good.
Imagine the melts if he sneaks in for an AA spot haha.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ziebell. So not just 'some North spud', their captain. Still a spud of course, but chief spud.

You’re using stats when Dixon didn’t play for port. His best for port against the Roos is 2 goals. He does not average 1.8 goals against the kangaroos for port.
Why shouldn't I use Dixon's career stats? Stupid not to because this provides a complete picture of Dixon's success against North. I'm also using Marshall's career stats. What are you - the post police?

The whole bomb it in game-plan doesn’t work for Marshall, it exists for Dixon. I’d rather see more of what I saw yesterday.
Then we would have to keep playing North. Because against most other teams Todd wouldn't be allowed to lead without an opponent in shot.

I'm all for a gameplan where balls inside 50 are delivered to the advantage of the best option. Its the logical way of kicking the highest score which, you know, wins you the game. But what we saw yesterday with North's barely existent defence can't be taken as what we often encounter when playing other sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why shouldn't I use Dixon's career stats? Stupid not to because this provides a complete picture of Dixon's success against North. I'm also using Marshall's career stats. What are you - the post police?

because they were at another club, over a decade ago.

The only reason too include them is to try to distort his career versus north at port, which as the stats I posted were surprisingly bad.

The fact Dixon has kicked (what was it 7 total goals from memory?) against north in a port jumper is quite bizarre.

So Todd kicks 5 straight (and does not even look like missing) when we are playing the bottom team with no chance of losing. Anyone think he makes those shots in a close game, or any game against a top 4 team for that matter? Until we can get rid of the fragile mindset that Ken has cultivated we will always be FTB's. It is going to take years even after the clunt is gone

The only reason too include them is to try to distort his career versus north at port, which as the stats I posted were surprisingly bad.

The fact Dixon has kicked (what was it 7 total goals from memory?) against north in a port jumper is quite bizarre.
You're just cherry picking stats to boost your argument.

Marshall was averaging a goal a game against North until he kicked a bag of 5 against the bottom team which is still to restrict it's opposition to under 100 points.

Since 2020, when North have finished in the bottom 2 each year, Dixon has played a whopping 2 games against them.

But...but...but...because. So you do think you are the post police. Who is really trying to distort Dixon's career?

It was less than a decade ago that Dixon kicked 7.

You cherry picked your stats to make Dixon look bad and it backfired on you badly. Deal with it Constable philthy05.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back