Review Round 11, 2024 vs North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

If you guys want to keep shit fighting over useless marshall/dixon stats against north just remember this round J McEntee amassed a career high 17 disposals in this match, 4 more than his prior high. Those are some useless stats for you. Any stats against north are null

He had 7 more disposals than Rozee. Mac and cheese for captain!

If you guys want to keep shit fighting over useless marshall/dixon stats against north just remember this round J McEntee amassed a career high 17 disposals in this match, 4 more than his prior high. Those are some useless stats for you. Any stats against north are null

If you followed the discussion that was my initial point. The games over. Marshall did kick splendidly and hopefully that's a part of his game that has reestablished itself. But anything that you achieve against the current North rabble is, in most cases, meaningless. He certainly doesn't get to run around like a dog that has lost its owner against most other teams. That goes double for Jed.

I look forward to what should be a real test against Carlton.

With regards to Marshall, the question is why did he play well.

Was it basically form, that he's playing a bad team with no pressure or that he likes to the be the number one banana and likes having Dixon out.

We will find out as you can't garner that much from the game.

Last edited:
The thing that pleased me about the forward structure yesterday was that it showed that Marshall does indeed have decent forward craft. Some of his leads were perfection.

The thing is that we need him to show that he can do it with Dixon in the side. To do that, we have to play in a way that makes it possible for him to do so. That there is the biggest hurdle.

Just quoting myself with emphasis because my point, that Marshall has been disappointing this year with Dixon in the side, has been missed in the usual point-scoring on the issue.

Personally, I think there were things we did differently with our forward entries this week which made us look more effective. While there may be a correlation between that and Dixon being out, there is no certainty that Dixon being out caused it.

With regards to Marshall, the question is why did he play well.

Was it basically form, that he's playing a bad team with no pressure or that he likes to the be the number one banana and likes having Dixon out.

We will find out as you can't garner that much from the game.
He's mentally fragile it's as clear as day. Hopefully he can turn it around.

Last edited:
This strikes me as potentially a coaching group that is culturally insensitive and doesn't understand cultural differences around body language and eye contact etc.

Which given previous club divisions doesn't surprise me.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I never saw any of our other indigenous players display the poor body language that Jase displayed when they were at the club.

“I feel like I have come a fair way and my intensity is a lot better than it was.

“And that is a bit where it starts for me, if my intensity is good then I am playing well and if it is not then I am a bit all over the shop.

“They said it looked like I was playing at 50 per cent so I needed to make sure it looked like I was playing with 100 per cent whenever I stepped on the field."

1716769112556.png

Funny how after he's spoken to by the coaches, his performance literally improves 100% from his 2023 performance across pretty much every metric. So the coaches were absolutely spot on.

Lol we had half their pressure rating in the first quarter and still went in 2 goals up.

Apparently according to the Fox Footy 'experts' we were 'gettable'. Against North. I know a few here were wishing for it because Hinkley but come on. Brisbane, now they were gettable.

I like a more mobile forward line, Dixon is struggling, but there's still a place for a big target in the goal square, as long as it's not Plan A.

I like a more mobile forward line, Dixon is struggling, but there's still a place for a big target in the goal square, as long as it's not Plan A.
I think when Dixon plays we are incapable of seeing other options &/or Marshall, MG etc. get a bit static & even crowd each other. I've said it before other coaches would've moved Dixon on because it doesn't work when it matters, other coaches would've moved others on as well so I'm pissing in the wind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think when Dixon plays we are incapable of seeing other options &/or Marshall, MG etc. get a bit static & even crowd each other. I've said it before other coaches would've moved Dixon on because it doesn't work when it matters, other coaches would've moved others on as well so I'm pissing in the wind.
We've seen glimpses of it thus year even with Dixon there.

It feels like we are very slowly getting better at it.

Norf are ****ing woeful. Seriously i cant remember a team so bad over such a long period of time
An absolute basketcase.. not even mastercoach can help them

They should give Elizabeth Football Club a call. Surely they could lend Norf a few players
Norf are absolutely woeful and it won't surprise me greatly if Clarkson doesn't see out his contract with them, he looked very tired in the few minutes of his presser I watched, and I don't know if it is still ongoing but maybe the pressure of the racism saga from his hawk's days is getting to him.

We hit up players like Marshall and MG perfectly fine when Dixon is playing, and the opposition is not putting any pressure on our midfield.

When the opposition does put pressure on our midfielders, we end up going to the get out kick of booting it into the forward line. This occurs whether Dixon is there or not. In the past, when the opposition has decent key defenders we've done better when Dixon is there. Marshall has still managed to feast on rubbish defences in those situations though.

This just in: average players kick more goals against shit teams than they usually do.

The extra analysis on Marshall wasn't really necessary.

We've seen glimpses of it thus year even with Dixon there.

It feels like we are very slowly getting better at it.

It’s impressive how quickly Sydney have moved on from Franklin.

They have 2 relatively unknown/young key forwards and leading the league for total goals kicked as a team.

it will be interesting to see if Port can do something similar post Dixon.

You're just cherry picking stats to boost your argument.

Marshall was averaging a goal a game against North until he kicked a bag of 5 against the bottom team which is still to restrict it's opposition to under 100 points.

Since 2020, when North have finished in the bottom 2 each year, Dixon has played a whopping 2 games against them.

But...but...but...because. So you do think you are the post police. Who is really trying to distort Dixon's career?

It was less than a decade ago that Dixon kicked 7.

You cherry picked your stats to make Dixon look bad and it backfired on you badly. Deal with it Constable philthy05.

In what way have I cherry picked stats.

I pointed out that Dixon , quite shockingly has only kicked 7 goals against the Roos during his port career. It’s shocking because most if not all of us would have expected that number to be way higher.

What a ****ing bizarre hill to die on.

We know beyond doubt that

A) our coaches have said outright that their goal is to get the ball forward and lock it in, not take marks

B) we know our gameplan floods the midfield / around the ball putting more pressure on mids to get rid of it quickly / under pressure

C) we flood our forward line leaving little space

D) Dixon’s 1st , 2nd and 3rd reflex action is to hold the nearest bloke like he desperately misses a man’s touch

E) our mids all bar jhf rarely, hell arguably never lower their eyes

F) Dixon , arguably one of the best contested marks in the game is as capable of stopping Todd and Mitch from taking marks as he is weitering or Andrews. If he doesn’t take the grab he sure as hell isn’t letting one of his teammates. His greatest weapon also makes it much harder, hell near impossible for any other kf to take a contested mark. He has a green light to go for anything and 1 working brain cell.

It’s a ****ing perfect storm of stupidity.

Unfortunately the mastermind behind it is stuck here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back