Review Round 11 - Carlton @ Docklands - 25th May 2024 - 1:45pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

A message from Dimma to our fans:
Look it was disappointing, of course it was disappointing, we were in the contest for the first three quarters in a bit of an arm wrestle and then they opened up the game at the start of the last quarter and we just couldn’t get it back on our terms. We want to win every game absolutely but we’re on a journey where we will lose and the priority for us is learning from those losses.
The reality is when you get beaten in contested ball and the clearances numbers are out of control we were certainly up against it and simply put; their midfield beat ours. That’s what it came down to, we knew their strength was in their midfield and our midfield had their colours lowered yesterday. We expect better but our mids are a proud group and I have the upmost confidence they will bounce back.
It’s important to remember that we are only 11 games in to our journey; I told the players the art of coaching is knowing why you lose and we’ve got a really good understanding of why we lost against Carlton. We’ll review the game early this coming week, then turn our full attention to being back at home against the Bombers.

Was thinking this myself. Moyle looked “ready” last week.

Then again everyone did last week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Is it possible Moyle works with our mids better than Wittsy, the cohesion with Moyle looked intuitive and Moyles second efforts once the ball hit the ground looked more fluid than Witts, just a thought. Moyle looked super good to me and dynamic as part of the group

Remove this Banner Ad

Back