Game Day Round 10 - Geelong @ Darwin - 16th May 2024 - 7:30pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Ho-ly crap.

No words.

Two 60 point wins in Darwin.

THE MIGHTY SUN
Stone Cold Reaction GIF by WWE

Dimma mentioned there's concern that mac Andrew could have a fracture in his leg. That would take the shine off a great night. Hopefully just a cork🙏

Dimma mentioned there's concern that mac Andrew could have a fracture in his leg. That would take the shine off a great night. Hopefully just a cork

He was barely limping so if it was a fracture it’d be a hairline fracture you’d think . I couldn’t imagine many weeks on the sideline, definitely not surgery

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was barely limping so if it was a fracture it’d be a hairline fracture you’d think . I couldn’t imagine many weeks on the sideline, definitely not surgery

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Great win and so so good to see you bash up one of the BIG4 Melb clubs.
Now knock off those blues.
hopefully Mac not off for too long if injured , he is elite , even when he makes a mistake , which isn't very often , he'll endever to make up for it and then some, priceless.
T. Berry, he is maybe an underrated cog . I don't know .
He just runs everywhere and involves himself, with chase, tackle , handball , goal assists, relay passes .
Starting to be really reliable or even damaging with his kick disposals , just needed a good run .
Now Pack that Carrara out.

I didn't get to watch the game live but put it on at 11pm last night. I was avoiding all media because I didn't want to have it affect me watching the game. I saw one score 14 - 12 that was obviously early in the first quarter.
I quite literally can't believe it's the same side that got comprehensively destroyed by Brisbane.
I haven't enjoyed watching a game more.
It's such a joy getting to read the gameday thread after its over knowing the end result.
So many times we just made things happen. I would like to give every player a vote because they all played well.
If this is the Dimma effect I'm all in!
Go you good things

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's what's happens when you are insecure you start looking at other people's perceived weaknesses so you don't have to be reminded of or deal with your own insecurities/failings.

On SM-A546E using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it's more when you think you have a gameplan and in your fantasy coach world it can only be executed by a select group of players and you're not prepared to compromise and use players that are good in ways that are different to your perception of good

Gah - as a life-long Geelong supporter I took that loss very badly.

But - and my posting history will bare this out - as an FNQ immigrant I enjoy seeing Aussie Rules take a foothold in the region. I have a kid involved at junior level up here in Cairns and there can be no doubt the Gold Coast Suns have a strong presence when it comes to developing and creating pathways for even the youngest kids up here.

The one club that is televised Free to Air in Cairns is the Suns - and I have watched them reasonably closely over a 5-6 year period now.

I've watched Noah Anderson, Matt Rowell, Ben King, Bailey Humphrey develop to the point where I reckon they are poised to make a big impact. It's a shame Will Powell made a twat of himself because he really tops this team off.

Regardless, I think the Gold Coast Suns should realistically be looking at making the Finals for the 1st time in their history in 2024.

Sam Day's re-emergence in Darwin looked like a feel-good cameo; however he could well become a very handy foil for Ben King for at least a few weeks to come yet.

Get Big Jarrod Witts the Most Serious Man in Football back into this team and I reckon they might get on the best roll in the club's history.

Best news ever, God I love watching that man glide around. The best thing about Mac is his aggression belies his lanky frame and what you typically see in tall lanky young players. He's a monster

That was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen. It was pure champagne footy.

Made me think about how I imagined our first crop with Bennell, O'Meara, Prestia etc etc would be once they hit their straps. This crop is even more talented and 100x more dedicated/hard working. Won't bother singling anyone out except the one who shows up week in week out - Noah Anderson.

Take a bow Noz. Such a rare combination of size, speed, inside/outside, skill and goal kicking ability. Needs a brownlow and looks like he will someday soon.

That was one of the most enjoyable games I've seen. It was pure champagne footy.

Made me think about how I imagined our first crop with Bennell, O'Meara, Prestia etc etc would be once they hit their straps. This crop is even more talented and 100x more dedicated/hard working. Won't bother singling anyone out except the one who shows up week in week out - Noah Anderson.

Take a bow Noz. Such a rare combination of size, speed, inside/outside, skill and goal kicking ability. Needs a brownlow and looks like he will someday soon.
I was looking back through some 2013/14 games
Harley gliding down the wing at Telstra Dome
Ablett Prestia O'Meara racking up possessions at will
Lynch and Dixon kicking goals
May down back
But there's no doubt IMO that Suns 2024 is the better version
Midfield is better-yes-even without GAJ
And we are ironing out our perennial last 6 issue
There's real quality fighting for the last spots now
And players are playing for each other-not for their agents

I was looking back through some 2013/14 games
Harley gliding down the wing at Telstra Dome
Ablett Prestia O'Meara racking up possessions at will
Lynch and Dixon kicking goals
May down back
But there's no doubt IMO that Suns 2024 is the better version
Midfield is better-yes-even without GAJ
And we are ironing out our perennial last 6 issue
There's real quality fighting for the last spots now
And players are playing for each other-not for their agents
No doubt in my mind that peak Ablett in this current team would be domination for most of the comp. Our forwards are as good, backs are as good, mids are better (since they can all get in the park) than what he played with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back