Review Round 1 vs Adelaide @ People First Bank Stadium - 16th March 2024 - 7:10pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Kinda feels like a loss but we take the points and move on. Definitely not a finished product yet but winning games is what we're searching for. Would have loved to really put the foot down and win by 7 or 8

I can report the Rankine booing where I am is quite solid and I’m pretty sure he doesn’t like it.
Same in my section, he was coping it and didn’t look happy.

Not sure how it came across on TV but at the game in the last it was #f#freekickcrows

Same in my section, he was coping it and didn’t look happy.

Not sure how it came across on TV but at the game in the last it was #f#freekickcrows
Didn’t hear or see any backlash for soft utensil Rankine on TV unfortunately but yes towards the end it was definitely free kick crows so glad to held on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bodhi Uwland and Ben Long is Izak Rankine father

Definitely a tense finish.

Weather made for a scrappy game. It’s no surprise that our best was in the first when we got out to a lead that we kept as a buffer for 90% of the match.

Talls on both teams had a dirty night, but smalls came out. Lots of missed shots, but Rosas is looking solid. Berry is also a good inclusion—tries real hard and makes things happen. Ainsworth did some things too.

I enjoyed seeing Rankine caught and tackled hard several times. He’s still all class when given a chance, but can’t fault defence for most of the night.

And there was a lot of heat in this game. More than I thought here would be. Plenty of little fights and niggling aggression. Saw a Crows player literally swinging punches too…

Plenty of desperation for most of the game. Lots of one-percenters. That final quarter was a worry though. We looked very flat.

Happy to scrape a win in the end. 2/2 is a good start to a season. You take those.

kurt angle wrestling GIF by WWE

happy as to grind it out in the end. Scoreline flattered them i think. We hit the post 3 times and missed a couple of easy set shots up to 3/4 time.

Uwland looking good, Powell is some player. Like seeing the crows worry about rowell then we have Noah and Flanders get a lazy 35 touches each.

Flanderson!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

happy as to grind it out in the end. Scoreline flattered them i think. We hit the post 3 times and missed a couple of easy set shots up to 3/4 time.

Uwland looking good, Powell is some player. Like seeing the crows worry about rowell then we have Noah and Flanders get a lazy 35 touches each.
Don't forget Touk with 29 touches as well!

What kind of crowd are we expecting for this game? What number do we need to hit for there to be evidence of locals jumping on board?

This fixture has virtually always pulled between 11-13k at Carrara so I think if we can get anything over 15k tonight then that's a pretty good indication of locals jumping on board. If we get close to 20k then that would be amazing.

View attachment 1929848

Doesn't feel like a particularly strong crowd.

Crowd: 11,466

The biggest difference this year and last is that we're not leaving it for a few to do all the work, so everyone is contributing. I thought Berry and Fiorini were crucial, could be 2 awesome stories out of Dimma's Era. It's exciting to think you've still got Andrew, Walter, Read who could come into the spine, Weller, Rogers, Atkins (Lombard) can add some class, having a vfl premiership in the back pocket speaks to our depth. 2 from 2, with a w against a team in our bracket. That was special.

Crowd: 11,466
Disappointing crowd but I guess it just goes to show that we've got a fair bit of work to do nefore the casual sports fans of the GC jump on board. Too many false starts in the past have made us untrustworthy in the eyes of the average Gold Coaster.
The biggest difference this year and last is that we're not leaving it for a few to do all the work, so everyone is contributing. I thought Berry and Fiorini were crucial, could be 2 awesome stories out of Dimma's Era. It's exciting to think you've still got Andrew, Walter, Read who could come into the spine, Weller, Rogers, Atkins (Lombard) can add some class, having a vfl premiership in the back pocket speaks to our depth. 2 from 2, with a w against a team in our bracket. That was special.
It's the kind of game you need to win if you want to play finals. We'll probably look back on that one later in the season and think those four points were crucially important in terms of putting us in a position to genuinely compete. The boys are learning on the go but I'm sure learning the lessons in wins is far more satisfying than the lessons they were taught during losses in years goneby. The exciting part is that it's very obvious we can get a lot better from here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back