Game Day 2024 Scratch Match #1 vs Brisbane @ Brighton Homes Arena, Thu Feb 22 5:00pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just 10 days to go until we get our first taste of Dimma's coaching!

We know neither King or Walter will play in this one and Weller is still recovering. Seems like everyone else is potentially available (correct me if I'm wrong).

We've heard the stories of tinkering over the preseason like Sexton playing in the backline and Long training forward so it should be really interesting to see how it all comes together. It's going to be clunky, we know that, but the strategy/gameplan should be more obvious this year. Personally I can't wait to see how Rogers and Read go. Hopefully Graham gets a run too.

What are you most interested to see in this game?

The game will be shown live on both Fox Footy and Kayo for those who aren't aware.

Just 10 days to go until we get our first taste of Dimma's coaching!

We know neither King or Walter will play in this one and Weller is still recovering. Seems like everyone else is potentially available (correct me if I'm wrong).

We've heard the stories of tinkering over the preseason like Sexton playing in the backline and Long training forward so it should be really interesting to see how it all comes together. It's going to be clunky, we know that, but the strategy/gameplan should be more obvious this year. Personally I can't wait to see how Rogers and Read go. Hopefully Graham gets a run too.

What are you most interested to see in this game?

The game will be shown live on both Fox Footy and Kayo for those who aren't aware.
For me I want to see the fast moving hard running football we have heard so much about over the off season. I want to see who thrives under this new approach

Going to game. Just want them to stay healthy. It's just first prac. I expect sloppy game, plenty of players to rotate. VFL prac is played at 2pm. It will intersting to see how many players will play in that game. Looking forward to seeing what shape they are in. Can we see some aspects of new plan.

Going to game. Just want them to stay healthy. It's just first prac. I expect sloppy game, plenty of players to rotate. VFL prac is played at 2pm. It will intersting to see how many players will play in that game. Looking forward to seeing what shape they are in. Can we see some aspects of new plan.
A report would be greatly appreciated if you are up for it....

Would love some feedback on our young defenders, Jeffrey, Uwland, Budarick, W. Graham, Clohesy if you can. Thank you

BRISBANE LIONS v GOLD COAST SUNS

Thursday, February 22, 5pm (AEDT) at Brighton Homes Arena

(6 x 20 minute periods + time on)

Suns’ burning question: How quickly can Dimma make his mark?

Damien Hardwick’s high-profile move to the Suns has arguably created more hope for the club than ever before in its history. With the club looking to make finals for the first time since entering the AFL in 2011, next Thursday’s clash with Brisbane is technically the start of the Hardwick era, making Gold Coast one of the most fascinating teams to watch in match simulation. While we can only read so much into practice games, we’ll get an impression of how much of an impact the three-time premiership coach has made during his short time at the club — from the style and intensity the Suns play, to how committed players are to their roles — whether new or refined.

BRISBANE LIONS v GOLD COAST SUNS

Thursday, February 22, 5pm (AEDT) at Brighton Homes Arena

(6 x 20 minute periods + time on)

Suns’ burning question: How quickly can Dimma make his mark?

Damien Hardwick’s high-profile move to the Suns has arguably created more hope for the club than ever before in its history. With the club looking to make finals for the first time since entering the AFL in 2011, next Thursday’s clash with Brisbane is technically the start of the Hardwick era, making Gold Coast one of the most fascinating teams to watch in match simulation. While we can only read so much into practice games, we’ll get an impression of how much of an impact the three-time premiership coach has made during his short time at the club — from the style and intensity the Suns play, to how committed players are to their roles — whether new or refined.

Just five days to go now until we have our first look at Dimma's gameplan. We know Lachie Neale is going to play in this one so it'll be a really good test for our players against genuine high end opposition. How quickly can we adapt to the new style and will it work against the best teams in the league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So this is 5 AEST, not AEDT like the article above says right?

Hoping to finish early and head down as well if the whole squad is rotating through the 6 quarters.
You would think it would be A team first half, B team second half with a few mixed through the two.

Bit of an audition for a young wingman. Ellis and Weller not available gives someone like faulkhead, will Graham or even clohesy a chance to prove themselves.

Time to sit back and watch the Alex Sexton hype show.

Bit of an audition for a young wingman. Ellis and Weller not available gives someone like faulkhead, will Graham or even clohesy a chance to prove themselves.
Fiorini and Faulkhead battling it out for the other wing spot according to today’s Courier Mail preview. Good to hear Faulkhead there abouts now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back