Preview Community Series vs GWS @ Manuka Oval - Thurs 29 Feb; 6:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

rugby league raiders GIF by NRL

Whoops sorry wrong sport

So who will be in the best 26 this arvo? Considering Ace, W Graham, Andrew, Swallow travelled to Canberra, I have one extra player.

Powell Collins Budarick
Lemmens Ballard Sexton
Ellis Anderson Fiorini
Witts Miller Rowell
Ainsworth Lukosius Humphrey
Holman Casboult King

Swallow Flanders Macpherson Uwland
Andrew Ace Berry W Graham

Clohesy?

GWS team (Hogan, Ash, Callaghan,Cumming, Perryman and a couple of youngsters out)

FB: Connor Idun, Jack Buckley, Harry Himmelberg
HB: Lachie Whitfield, Sam Taylor, Josh Fahey
C: Xavier O'Halloran, Tom Green, Jacob Wehr
HF: Brent Daniels, Jake Riccardi, Toby Bedford
FF: Toby Greene, Lachlan Keeffe, Callum Brown
RR: Kieren Briggs, Josh Kelly, Stephen Coniglio

Interchange: Ryan Angwin, Toby McMullin, Harvey Thomas, James Peatling, Callan Ward, Leek Aleer, Nick Haynes, Aaron Cadman

Emergencies: Nick Madden, Wade Derksen, Max Gruzewski, Harry Rowston

GOLD COAST

B:
Sam Collins, Sean Lemmens, Charlie Ballard
HB: Alex Sexton, Wil Powell, Connor Budarick
C: Brayden Fiorini, Matt Rowell, Brandon Ellis
HF: Ben Ainsworth, Sam Flanders, Tom Berry
F: Nick Holman, Ben King, Mac Andrew
Foll: Jarrod Witts, Bailey Humphrey, Noah Anderson
I/C: Touk Miller, Jack Lukosius, David Swallow, Levi Casboult, Will Graham, Bodhi Uwland, Darcy Macpherson, Huwago Oea
Emerg: Rory Atkins, Ned Moyle, Ben Long, Sam Clohesy

Notable absentees: Lachie Weller, Jed Walter, Joel Jeffrey, Malcolm Rosas jnr, Alex Davies, Jake Rogers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clohesey..

emg..

Gotta be kidding
It’s confirmed: our club still hates wingers.

Guess Ellis takes a spot off him. I’d have taken it off Fiorini, personally. Give the kid more time to prove himself.

Good to see W. Graham get a shot.

Powell back should make a big difference to our setup.

Mac in the forward line though… getting the Jack Martin treatment right now of being moved around and possibly wasting any development (while remaining a string bean, too).

If the named line-up is correct looks like we will get a look at Andrew being fwd/ruck. Could be a real wild card this season although I still like him in the back 6. No Jeffery is a bit strange especially considering our backline is a bit short.

FB: Collins, Lemmens, Ballard
HB: Sexton, Powell, Budarick
C: Fiorini, Rowell, Ellis
HF: Ainsworth, Flanders, Berry
FF: Holman, King, Andrew
R: Witts, Humphrey, Anderson
I/C: Miller, Lukosius, Swallow, W Graham, Casboult, Uwland, MacPherson, Oea
You know what, all-in-all, not as bad as I thought we would see after last week.

• I prefer Berry out of the Berry/Tsitas/DMac trio, and if we are going to try all these guys I don’t mind throwing Ace in the mix just with his speed.
  • Casboult ahead of Day.
  • I personally think Mac’s future is 3rd tall/ruck (he could be absolutely unstoppable with his height, reach, and skills) so great to see him given a go there.
  • Definitely still space for Rosas to come straight in.

Only changes for me would’ve been Closehy ahead of Fiorini and Jeffrey given a go, but he’ll get his chance should Sexton fail to fire. Seeing Big Read again would’ve been cool as well.

Guess Ellis takes a spot off him. I’d have taken it off Fiorini, personally. Give the kid more time to prove himself.

Mac in the forward line though… getting the Jack Martin treatment right now of being moved around and possibly wasting any development (while remaining a string bean, too).
Yeah, surely you could give him some game time from the bench, even if its the 2nd half. He was one of the rare promising aspects from last week, but nah, lets not even have him in the 26..

Mac was drafted as ruck/forward.

Yeah, surely you could give him some game time from the bench, even if its the 2nd half. He was one of the rare promising aspects from last week, but nah, lets not even have him in the 26..
It's pretty clear it's Ellis and Fiorini for now as our wings.

Not sure who W Graham is competing with. I would say only one of Ace, Berry in round one.

It's pretty clear it's Ellis and Fiorini for now as our wings.
Yeah, I really arent sold on fiorini as a winger.
But given Ellis' age, hopefully with some time, Clohesy can move past him at some stage. He's clearly learning the wing role, which he'll get better at the more he plays there. And hopefully by form he can earn a promotion at some point this year.

Yeah, I really arent sold on fiorini as a winger.
But given Ellis' age, hopefully with some time, Clohesy can move past him at some stage. He's clearly learning the wing role, which he'll get better at the more he plays there. And hopefully by form he can earn a promotion at some point this year.
Nobody here is fan of Fiorini as a winger as far as I know (including me), haha. Dimma had a high praise for him in one of his interviews - great knowledge of plan, reliable kick (geez).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back