Review Round 21 vs Adelaide Crows @ Adelaide Oval - 05/08/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

No prior, tackled as soon as he got it. Shouldn’t have been paid.

He also gets 10 seconds in a tackle to get rid of it. Gotta take the good with the bad I guess which is why I don’t mind him getting holding the ball.

Anderson does the same. Defs been coached into them

Art Animation GIF by grantkoltoons

Love Collo getting stuck into that tosser walker. Hopefully next year Dimma allows our players to be physical as part of the game plan, I’ve always felt like we’ve lacked physicality but last week and this week has been good. I’ve loved seeing the lads stand up and not be bullied and pushed around.

Beaten comprehensively in all the stats that matters. Midfield diabolically bad in stretchs and it kills us. I'd be giving Witta a rest for the end of the year and seeing if Neddy Moyle gives us something different. Worried we are hitting a ceiling with Witts.
Witts is only good against certain ruckman—usually those than win in height. Any kind of physicality and he crumbles, unfortunately. Been this way for years.

But yep, mids got beaten. It’s the usual story when that happens and we had no answer. Plenty of players had a chance, and apart from a small burst, couldn’t stay on top.

Witts is only good against certain ruckman—usually those than win in height. Any kind of physicality and he crumbles, unfortunately. Been this way for years.

But yep, mids got beaten. It’s the usual story when that happens and we had no answer. Plenty of players had a chance, and apart from a small burst, couldn’t stay on top.
Thats why we need to try something else. If Witts isn't dominating the ruck he isn't making a difference to the team really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wish taylor walker a very unpleasant rest of his season

Luckily we only had a 1% chance of finals so I can’t be too disappointed.

Wonder how much Humper has in the tank, looked good in the guts

Once again not showing up from the first bounce and we spend all our petrol tickets playing catch up.

Collins probably our best. Played Walker about as well as you can. Good to see him back to playing good footy. Andrew also continues to play well and Atkins has been a revelation.

Small forward position is a shambles. Macpherson looked most dangerous at ground level and Rosas looks better up the ground being able to use his pace to burn players, but Tsitas, Holman, resting mids, no where near it. Dusty going through the motions gives us more goal threat than these guys combined.

And just sick of our midfield turning to water when they don’t have everything their own way. It’s just not good enough for a group as talented as them.

Once again not showing up from the first bounce and we spend all our petrol tickets playing catch up.

Collins probably our best. Played Walker about as well as you can. Good to see him back to playing good footy. Andrew also continues to play well and Atkins has been a revelation.

Small forward position is a shambles. Macpherson looked most dangerous at ground level and Rosas looks better up the ground being able to use his pace to burn players, but Tsitas, Holman, resting mids, no where near it. Dusty going through the motions gives us more goal threat than these guys combined.

And just sick of our midfield turning to water when they don’t have everything their own way. It’s just not good enough for a group as talented as them.
Yeah, I’m very down on a few players. Season’s hopes on the line (though it was for Crows too, so there is that).

Farrar doesn’t have a clear position and it hurts. Maybe with Powell injured he can play the intercepting rebound defender?

Anderson and Rowell toiled away, but were found out a lot. Just got caught too often.

Holman had a good patch earlier in the year, but hasn’t shown much lately. I truely think our team might need to move on from him in a big way. He was mostly unsighted today. At least Rosas offered a spark, which I like—play him up the ground more.

Swallow did his job in both halves that he was assigned, but just isn’t damaging enough. Don’t think he’ll ever see that long elusive final :(

Not much really changed post Dew. Another game where we had one very poor quarter. Game was essentially over after first quarter. Plenty of games like that this season. We are not able to produce consistent footy across the game except QClash.

Crows were harder, better in contest, pressure for most of the game.

A lot of bombing into forward line again.

Midfield is still issue. Basically, every second game we get exposed in there. When the opposition gets on top, we struggle to stop the momentum, adjust. Unless Witts carries something, he is a worry for me. He does not add too much around the ground and when he does not win hit outs we look average there.

Collins looks like he is back to better days.

Andrew was great.

Hollands was disappointing. I have some doubt he will become what we all hoped for.

Fingers crossed it's not as bad as it looked for Powell. Hard to believe it could be only ligaments according to coach King.

It will probably not happen, but I would play Moyle and Chol for the rest of season.

Let's see what Hardwick can do with this team after another pre-season. How many assistants will he bring with him? Can he attract A grader? What will our game plan look like? How will our forward line look like?

Not much really changed post Dew. Another game where we had one very poor quarter. Game was essentially over after first quarter. Plenty of games like that this season. We are not able to produce consistent footy across the game except QClash.

Crows were harder, better in contest, pressure for most of the game.

A lot of bombing into forward line again.

Midfield is still issue. Basically, every second game we get exposed in there. When the opposition gets on top, we struggle to stop the momentum, adjust. Unless Witts carries something, he is a worry for me. He does not add too much around the ground and when he does not win hit outs we look average there.

Collins looks like he is back to better days.

Andrew was great.

Hollands was disappointing. I have some doubt he will become what we all hoped for.

Fingers crossed it's not as bad as it looked for Powell. Hard to believe it could be only ligaments according to coach King.

It will probably not happen, but I would play Moyle and Chol for the rest of season.

Let's see what Hardwick can do with this team after another pre-season. How many assistants will he bring with him? Can he attract A grader? What will our game plan look like? How will our forward line look like?

+1 for Moyle and Chol. Do we spell Casboult and give Burges or McLaughlin a crack too. May as well now….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I thought we weren’t that bad early on but the delivery inside 50 didn’t allow the forwards to take advantage of their direct opponents. Adelaide just came out scorching. We don’t have that kind of gear in us.

Worked our way into the game well, that fight back showed some heart.

Other teams just far smarter with the umpires. Whilst they’re doing the things that get you free kicks and 50s (ie embellishing contact at the right times) we’re doing the dumb things (ie running into them at the wrong time - see rosas/hinge and collins/Walker) neither of them are actually a late aggressive hit - but it’s just unnecessary and the smart players take advantage of it.

I also get frustrated that rowell and anderson do not give a quick ‘handball’ like all other teams at times, but it’s clearly what they’ve been taught to try drive through contact and get to the outside. They just need to continue to learn when to employ what strategy.

Andrew was great, really growing. Should be a permanent fixture in the team.

Flanders and Atkins become reliable.

I want Farrar to remain in the team, did some good things. Although probably needs to find a position.

Liked rosas game. When he got the ball he immediately ran forward to great effect. Must have been a directive after the u turns last week.

Need to find a crumbing small forward.

Levi been great the last 6 weeks or so - hope he goes on again next year.

King a bit disappointing. Not physically able to impose himself. Needs ongoing work in gym.

For the last few rounds I’d like to see

Uwland in for Powell.
Moyle get another go.
Give Levi a rest and bring Chol back in.
See if Budders has a game or two in him.

Not much really changed post Dew.

I was listening to triple m commentary and Shaun Burgoyne questioned what dews game plan was and said that you can see the players keep falling back into the habits of playing his game style.

For me skills are still way off especially tackling and defence too many players get exposed when crossing over off their man

I like what king has tried to do in a short time of being in charge but remember this is dew’s mountain running team still

Remove this Banner Ad

Back