Autopsy Round 17 vs Port Adelaide Power @ Oval of Adelaide - 08/07/23 - 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Not getting rid of Dew will do more damage each week he stays....no idea, no game plan and players desperately need a strong and experienced coach. Sad to watch...
Exactly - same as last week when the momentum swings there’s no attempt to arrest it. Bloke has one game plan then just sits on the bench arms folded

Wy are we so defensive in the ball ups witts wins so many taps and we are standing still get on the ******* move they are so stationary

Footy smarts and skills are very average but hey let’s run up a mountain
BINGO, new coach will have them practising their footy skills as their base fitness is already great and you watch them take off once they don’t have to chase the opposition all day because their skills are crap

Something to note as well

Agree or not, but, Dave Swallow is past it.

Comparative to the guys who have been kept out, he should not be in the team anymore. He is not a good forward or defender, and his inside midfielder role is being taken by Rowell. He doesn't accumulate possessions and he's not a good disposer of the football.

I want as much as anyone for Dave to taste finals success. But he should not still be in the AFL team if we were serious about winning. He's been a witches hat out there all year.
Could move him to the sub role and let him come on fresh to add pressure and grunt. The same way we used to use Holman. He’s a somewhat versatile and experienced, if not effective, player.

Something to note as well

Agree or not, but, Dave Swallow is past it.

Comparative to the guys who have been kept out, he should not be in the team anymore. He is not a good forward or defender, and his inside midfielder role is being taken by Rowell. He doesn't accumulate possessions and he's not a good disposer of the football.

I want as much as anyone for Dave to taste finals success. But he should not still be in the AFL team if we were serious about winning. He's been a witches hat out there all year.
bUiLd HiM a StAtUe

On Nokia C2 2nd Edition using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could move him to the sub role and let him come on fresh to add pressure and grunt. The same way we used to use Holman. He’s a somewhat versatile and experienced, if not effective, player.
Experienced at what though? I'm not trying to bash Dave, I absolutely loved this guy as a suns fan since Day 1 but he doesn't bring any WINNING experience at all. Dave fresh, with his current physical shape is only beneficial if the injury comes to Rowell. He's not quick so him coming on fresh doesn't bring anything we dont have.

We can replace a midfield injury with any of Humphrey, Flanders, Fiorini, Weller etc in games.

I just can't see how he has a place in the team anymore.

The fact he subbed out king when there’s plenty of passengers today shows the bloke has no idea how to coach. Not only subs Farrar on then plays him forward? He’s either clutching at straws or trying to look like he’s “decisive”…. Please Oea is getting a game after last week??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got sit in the naughty corner
the league andre GIF by hero0fwar

Better effort tonight but this game was lost at selection.

If he could not run out a game in the midfield Miller should have come back via the reserves. Absolutely ridiculous!!

And other than a couple of fringe players no one was held accountable for their putrid efforts against Carlton and Collingwood. Is D Swallow undroppable?

On a positive note Flanders was excellent and Casboult plays with some real toughness and ticker.

You do remind me of the Dre
That may have been the meanest thing ever said to me on here 😂 I wouldn't be complaining but I don't have his kind of money

If we're going to play that game, I'm for sure Kevin.

Suns is Ruxin, MarcLocksCrustySock is Taco

Third quarter was obviously poor but the other three quarters were actually pretty good, especially when you consider we were playing the 2nd best team in the league on their home ground.

Q1: +11
Q2: -5
Q3: -49
Q4:
+10

Was moving Touk onball when Port had kicked several in a row halfway through the third quarter an option or was his fitness lacking so much that we could only move him at the start of the fourth? We looked so much better through the midfield during that final term with Touk attending centre bounces.

Shoutout to Casboult who just worked tirelessly all night. We need our other senior players to put in the kind of effort we get from Levi every week.

Midfield not good enough again. Just play Moyle if Witts is not right. That was ordinary from Witts despite hit outs.

🐻 does not have a tank yet but we will be some player if all goes well.

Unless Collins learns to play within his limitations play Graham. Goal from his turnover killed the game for us.

Just awesome effort from Casboult.

Ben, what were you doing out there? You could still compete, contest like Levi.

Not sure what some people expected from Miller after losing pre-season conditioning and running only for 2-3 weeks. Spending most time in the middle? He was better than I expected and showed some class and used ball well, IMO. Maybe people should check out his stats and compare to some other players. Probably within top 7 players. Glad he's back.

meh, better final score than expected, which is about all you can take away under the current regime.
The final score flattered us.
A 9 goal to 1 Third quarter is all we need to know. Once again Dew has shown us his gameplan and tactics have absolutely no idea to arrest an opposition run on.
The longer Dew stays on the more damage he will do to this group.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The final score flattered us.
A 9 goal to 1 Third quarter is all we need to know. Once again Dew has shown us his gameplan and tactics have absolutely no idea to arrest an opposition run on.
The longer Dew stays on the more damage he will do to this group.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oh agreed. I’m just in disbelief that we are at the point where not getting blown out by 10+ goals is something to note, but that’s where we are apparently at despite 1 player out of 49 on the injury list and our VFL team winning by 100+ and sitting top of the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back