Autopsy Round 4 vs St. Kilda @ MARVEL - 08/04/23 - 7:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

That's enough from me. See everybody next week, I guess.

The Good: Moyle looks like a player, liked what I saw. Holman played hard all game. Collins played his best of the year.

The Bad: We aren't finals contenders and I feel embarrassed for ever having such thoughts.

Goodnight all, I'm going out for some beers with the missus.

Last week SUNS you were angry about people (myself included) not giving Dew and the team enough credit, potentially fair after a good win. Now after another unacceptable effort how do you see it?

What I see is flat footed, lazy, poorly skilled players allowed to jog after opponents, ALL of that lays at the feet of the coach IMO.

100%
It wasn't due to lack of giving credit. It was lack of presence when good things happen. Your opinion in that moment isn't the issue.

Anyways, after tonight I'll see you in the BDSM thread. I'll bring my own leather and lube.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 1653939

What does our forward coach do?

Rowell free kick, Rosas gets a handball and runs a few metres before driving in this long bomb.

Why is King or Lukosius not leading out to that giant patch of space - so Rosas can kick to their advantage?

Instead - long bomb to square - easily spoiled through for a behind.
All we ever do is bomb the ball. It’s not something bew

It wasn't due to lack of giving credit. It was lack of presence when good things happen. Your opinion in that moment isn't the issue.

Anyways, after tonight I'll see you in the BDSM thread. I'll bring my own leather and lube.
The top part of that post was meant as a private message for Suns and was removed once I saw it was in the main thread I’d ask you to please remove it in your post, see you in the BDSM thread.

My lack of presence last week was addressed early in the week.

Not sure we have solutions. But obviously we need some proper wingers—it’s so plain to see.

We need our forwards to lead at the ball; or lead into space.

We need our mids to not bomb it long.

The fact we are playing Ace when we have healthy runners says it all. Can’t knock his effort, but he ain’t it when we are going forward.

We pride ourselves on effort. Well, if we play well and cleanly and kick goals, then we don’t need as much effort. Simple. So we shoot ourselves in the foot and other teams make us pay.

Ace, Long, Hollands all need to be dropped. One of Rosas or Jeffery too. Maybe Mac if we don’t need three talls.

View attachment 1653939

What does our forward coach do?

Rowell free kick, Rosas gets a handball and runs a few metres before driving in this long bomb.

Why is King or Lukosius not leading out to that giant patch of space - so Rosas can kick to their advantage?

Instead - long bomb to square - easily spoiled through for a behind.
This is the way Dew wants us to play. We’ve been training for this the last few years. Get it in deep, lock it in with the smalls, and hopefully snag a goal. Talls just stand there and provide a contest to bring it to ground hopefully.

We have two of the better quick, agile, one v one key forwards in the league in Chol and King (hopefully returns to form). But the way we play completely neutralises them. Tonight showed there is little point in them leading. The players up the field are just going to kick it as far as they can anyway.

Not sure we have solutions. But obviously we need some proper wingers—it’s so plain to see.

We need our forwards to lead at the ball; or lead into space.

We need our mids to not bomb it long.

The fact we are playing Ace when we have healthy runners says it all. Can’t knock his effort, but he ain’t it when we are going forward.

We pride ourselves on effort. Well, if we play well and cleanly and kick goals, then we don’t need as much effort. Simple. So we shoot ourselves in the foot and other teams make us pay.

Ace, Long, Hollands all need to be dropped. One of Rosas or Jeffery too. Maybe Mac if we don’t need three talls.
Yep
Hate dropping a youngster after 1 week, but Andrew has been disappointing.

Farrar, Davies, Sharp, Atkins, Chol all possibilities to come in IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back