Autopsy Round 17 vs Port Adelaide Power @ Oval of Adelaide - 08/07/23 - 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We are gonna get belted, Zak Butters polling 3 votes easily

I know this one is at Adelaide Oval but the Power don't look very convincing tonight. We're halfway through the fourth quarter and they haven't even cracked 60 points so far. Essendon seem to be getting first use of the ball a lot because they are missing their number 1 ruckman tonight. Does anyone know if Lycett is likely to be out next week as well? Could be massive for us with Witta in the ruck.

I know this one is at Adelaide Oval but the Power don't look very convincing tonight. We're halfway through the fourth quarter and they haven't even cracked 60 points so far. Essendon seem to be getting first use of the ball a lot because they are missing their number 1 ruckman tonight. Does anyone know if Lycett is likely to be out next week as well? Could be massive for us with Witta in the ruck.
I believe, the first team to win coming from bye vs non bye team.

I would worry more about our team performance after today :p It could be 100+ next week if we play like this.
I agree. We need to seriously improve to even keep it within 40 points but we're going to look a fair bit different next week with Touk and maybe even Budarick entering the fold. We seem to respond well after these kinds of beltings:

R9 - 43 point loss to Brisbane
R10 - 7 point win over the Dogs

R14 - 59 point loss to Carlton
R15 - 67 point win over Hawthorn

R16 - 78 point loss to Essendon
R17 - ??? against Port Adelaide

Powell-Pepper may be suspended which would help our cause. Who knows if Lycett will be back.

I agree. We need to seriously improve to even keep it within 40 points but we're going to look a fair bit different next week with Touk and maybe even Budarick entering the fold. We seem to respond well after these kinds of beltings:

Powell-Pepper may be suspended which would help our cause. Who knows if Lycett will be back.
That was a soul-destroying loss. Dew looked shattered as he knows losses like this will cost him his job. I just want the team to be competitive for the rest of season.

IMO, Budarick looks way off and had to have a week off after return. I would be surprised if he plays AFL this year. But we could see several changes. Opportunity for boys in VFL tomorrow.

We will get absolutely flogged by PA.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was a soul-destroying loss. Dew looked shattered as he knows losses like this will cost him his job. I just want the team to be competitive for the rest of season.

IMO, Budarick looks way off and had to have a week off after return. I would be surprised if he plays AFL this year. But we could see several changes. Opportunity for boys in VFL tomorrow.
I've heard people share those sentiments several times after poor losses this season. Specifically R1 against Sydney, R9 against Brisbane and R14 against Carlton. It seems like we as a fanbase are quite reactive to our most recent result and that makes sense but it's not really a fair reflection of the season as a whole. We're 7W / 8L and 1 win outside the top 8. However you choose to view it, that's an absolute fact and the season is not dead for that reason.

If Budarick is poor tomorrow then he doesn't get picked but I know Dew has a bit of a soft spot for him and I thought Ben Long wasn't great today so Budders could be in line for a call up with a strong performance in the VFL. Perhaps Farrar has the same opportunity tomorrow as well.

We will get absolutely flogged by PA.
Maybe. Maybe not. Time will tell.

If Touk is playing then I'm inclined to think we'll play differently to the way we did today.

lol I love you guys “we’re gonna get absolutely belted”

hope it’s a close game next week suns have been very hot/cold this year.

lol I love you guys “we’re gonna get absolutely belted”

hope it’s a close game next week suns have been very hot/cold this year.
We also hope it’s close, knowing Dews plan.. it’ll be a belting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back