Autopsy Gather Round vs Fremantle @ Norwood Oval - 14/04/23 - 5:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Still reckon we win, Freo don't play like the Saints
Freo looked really slow today and had no answer for the Adelaide's fast ball movement. If we play like we did against Geelong last week then I agree that we should win this one against a struggling Dockers outfit. Freo will be coming in with 6 days rest (like us) and flying from Perth to Adelaide is essentially the same amount of time as Gold Coast to Adelaide so we're dealing near identical conditions in this game on a neutral ground. Both teams in a form slump, both currently sitting with a win-loss record of 1-3.

This is a game we have to win if we want to be competing for a place in September later this year.

Freo are staying in Adelaide for the week I believe. Small ground and looks like it might be wet. Hopefully witts returns for Moyle and with the conditions maybe blakely and fiorini would be better options than Ace and Andrew. Will be interesting to see how Ellis goes today and Davies also another option. The main change we need is the ability to kick the ball to advantage and finish under pressure. Chol and day will also be looking to put their names forward, with King struggling for form. If we drop King watch the media vultures come out next week.

Trying to be positive. The season is still salvageable. Pre season we would of put the saints down as a W and the dockers as a possible L.

Win against Freo and we are exactly where I would have expected us to be at that point of the season…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McLaughlin Chol Sexton
Ainsworth Casboult Rosas
Ellis Humphrey Miller
Powell King Weller
Uwland Collins Ballard

Witts Rowell Anderson

Swallow Davies Sharp Berry

McLaughlin Chol Sexton
Ainsworth Casboult Rosas
Ellis Humphrey Miller
Powell King Weller
Uwland Collins Ballard

Witts Rowell Anderson

Swallow Davies Sharp Berry

So much I don't agree with that team but I think this could be a great time to give King a go at chb. Get him into the game without the pressure of a fwd. We have chol that is more than capable when in form.

Lemmens Collins long
Weller Ballard powell
Ellis rowell farrar
Hollands lukosius ainsworth
Rosa's chol swallow
Wittd anderson miller

Humphrey davies Holman sharp
Sub sexton

I don’t mind king going back after his knee.
He is in all sorts atm up forward.

It worked for Darcy Moore

Harry Sheezle has gone from a top 3 drafted X factor forward to half back with prob the most touches in the comp after 4 rounds.

Nothing wrong with moving a few magnets around when you got nothing to lose

Lemmens Collins Powell
Ballard King long
Ellis Anderson weller
Lukosius casboult ainsworth
Rosas chol holman
Witts Rowell miller
Humphrey McPherson swallow sexton
Sub uwland

Jeffery a bit unlucky but a confidence run in the 2s wouldn't hurt

Trying to be positive. The season is still salvageable. Pre season we would of put the saints down as a W and the dockers as a possible L.

Win against Freo and we are exactly where I would have expected us to be at that point of the season…

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
For sure the season is still salvageable, but odds are diminishing for that to happen especially considering how broken we looked after HT. That was a confidence killer and coach change, partial re-build is getting closer to reality with no guarantees of success.

Last year we were 2:5 and we turned it around to 7:6. Not sure we can do it again but it's a long season. Freo game will tell us more. Not optimistic, we really looked bad in 2nd half.

Deflated.

Huge difference between 1-4 and 2-3. Especially with the games to follow.

Boddsy, you there mate?
I know he claimed the St Kilda game at Marvel was a mini GF but I disagree with that. St Kilda are undefeated for a reason and I think this game against Fremantle is more of a mini GF for us. 1-3 can turn quickly but 1-4 is difficult to come back from. Fremantle on neutral territory is a must win if we want to be contending for finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back