Autopsy Round 3 vs Geelong @ The Bank. 02/04/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I'M Lions through and through but the Suns are always my #2 team and I was barracking hard for your guys throughout the game.

Really impressed with the up tempo game style, the hard running and the commitment at the contest. Really seemed to fluster the Cats who looked clueless at how to combat it. Dew is a good coach and comprehensively out-coached Scott IMO. The game plan really did make Geelong look old and slow at times

I also believe the 19 point margin flattered Geelong. Suns were clearly the dominant side all game

Lukosius' super bomb will take a lot of beating for goal of the year. Fabulous!

Really hope this is the start of a roll for the Suns.

I would love nothing more than to see both Queensland clubs make the Finals

Last edited:
We've asked if Jeffrey could provide some forward pressure given his size.
Pretty sure he has answered that.
Most inside 50 tackles in the league.

Last year the leaders averaged 2 per game.
Jeffrey has had 9 in our first 2 games.
Got at least 1 shot on goal against Essendon because of his tackling.
another i50 tackle by Jeffrey to allow Anderson’s goal

I liked Drew's press conference. He put his hand up quite a few times. That's a good sign.

Something about it felt different. Almost like he copped a wake up call during the last couple of weeks. Maybe I am reading in to it too much.

I got to say a lot of people including myself have always hung it on
Darcy McPherson but without him yesterday we lose. His pressure and work across the backline and pushing up the wing was bloody good

Also here is a pic of Hungry Holman
cfe790524122e8c343dd045b4dd668d4.jpg

Darcy McPherson but without him yesterday we lose. His pressure and work across the backline and pushing up the wing was bloody good

Also here is a pic of Hungry Holman
cfe790524122e8c343dd045b4dd668d4.jpg

Has anyone else noticed that a bandage around Freckles head is like ‘spinach to popeye’?

The moment he gets his head banged up and returns to the geound, he always shows a ferocity like nobody else on the team. It’s incredible.

Dew needs to get Witta to hit him with a plank of wood before every game. Screw the HIA!

Has anyone else noticed that a bandage around Freckles head is like ‘spinach to popeye’?

The moment he gets his head banged up and returns to the geound, he always shows a ferocity like nobody else on the team. It’s incredible.

Dew needs to get Witta to hit him with a plank of wood before every game. Screw the HIA!

You know Freck is on when the head bandage is out.

The main point for me is Dew deserves his credit for that performance, chose the right team and got the gameplan right
  • Execution was far from perfect but the effort was their and that was enough in the end
  • Defence is coming together quicker than expected, getting the ball out of defence cleanly and quickly to avoid re-entries will help Collins and Ballard from being overexposed
  • Midfield was superb, Witts will always give them a chance and they didn't waste it this week
  • My hopes are rising steadily
AFL R3 Gold Coast Suns vs Geelong Cats Review

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday, checked out the score and nearly fell over. Then read Luko kicked five and fell over. Jack I take it all back (No, not really - want to see a bit more evidence of consistency first), but it’s great to see he finally has it in him. Coincidence that he pulls out such a good performance after being heavily scrutinised during the week? Now I need to find a replay and some legal Thai ganja , sit back, light up and enjoy :cool:o_O:thumbsu::fire::goldcoast:

Arrived in Bangkok yesterday, checked out the score and nearly fell over. Then read Luko kicked five and fell over. Jack I take it all back (No, not really - want to see a bit more evidence of consistency first), but it’s great to see he finally has it in him. Coincidence that he pulls out such a good performance after being heavily scrutinised during the week? Now I need to find a replay and some legal Thai ganja , sit back, light up and enjoy :cool:o_O:thumbsu::fire::goldcoast:
As long as you don't fall over in to the gutter at Nana Plaza on a bender, happy days!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.
Dmac going from list clogger to a useful player over the first 3 weeks is pretty staggering when you think about it.
Still stuffs up every now and then marking or kicking, but sticking to the basics with the ball (short kick or handball to the open player, if not then kick long down the line) is the main thing. His effort and work rate never been the problem. Big tick for improving when that is what was called for.

I wonder if there was some weird science experiment in the offseason where he and Luko got mind-melded or something?

Agree.
Dmac going from list clogger to a useful player over the first 3 weeks is pretty staggering when you think about it.
Still stuffs up every now and then marking or kicking, but sticking to the basics with the ball (short kick or handball to the open player, if not then kick long down the line) is the main thing. His effort and work rate never been the problem. Big tick for improving when that is what was called for.

I wonder if there was some weird science experiment in the offseason where he and Luko got mind-melded or something?
The thing with Mac is he was looking like a really good player until he broke his arm
He came back and it was like he was a different player
No skills, poor decision making-always tried hard though
I'm not sure he's best 22 but if he's putting pressure on best 22 all power to him

As long as you don't fall over in to the gutter at Nana Plaza on a bender, happy days!
Haha That was thirty years ago. Woke up in the some slums face down on the floor with chickens walking past the front door of the hut… Hangover 2 style. Had no idea where I was or how I got there. Turns out a gay Thai friend found me after a particularly heavy night on the Maekhong whiskey and took me home. That much Thai whiskey these days would kill me!!

Haha That was thirty years ago. Woke up in the some slums face down on the floor with chickens walking past the front door of the hut… Hangover 2 style. Had no idea where I was or how I got there. Turns out a gay Thai friend found me after a particularly heavy night on the Maekhong whiskey and took me home. That much Thai whiskey these days would kill me!!
Could have been worse......Could have been Lao Khao..........around the world for 50 baht.......5555555

1680502967971.jpeg

What did people think of Ace's game today? I thought his speed really helped us move the ball and the ball movement was a big reason we won today.

I think Ace has potential but I don't think he is quite ready for the seniors.

Still too many basic skill errors that a senior player shouldn’t make (drop marks, missed handballs, etc).

Would rather Humphreys get a game before Ace.

Hi guys,
I come in peace...

Awesome win yesterday. Some amazing individual efforts by some of your guys but overall, a terrific team win. Well deserved!

I have a question about my fantasy team...
What's happened to Charlie Constable? I can't find why he was omitted and his stats look solid enough. What do you think about him playing again soon?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

What did people think of Ace's game today? I thought his speed really helped us move the ball and the ball movement was a big reason we won today.
Ace lacked a bit of composure. Dropped some marks he could have held, for instance, and just seems a bit short at times in contests. But I liked his attack and speed overall, the way he hunted, and seemed to be ok with ball in hand (90%DE).
Hi guys,
I come in peace...

Awesome win yesterday. Some amazing individual efforts by some of your guys but overall, a terrific team win. Well deserved!

What's happened to Charlie Constable? I can't find why he was omitted and his stats look solid enough. What do you think about him playing again soon?

He was basically had to reinvent himself as a halfback and was playing due to Weller and Powell injuries. With both back, I can’t see him being a regular inclusion.

Great win by the Suns after a couple of disappointing weeks.
Big difference this week is we had 23 players contributing rather than a handful.
Kudos to DMac and Lukosius who had there most influential games ever for the SUns.
Been a critic of both and happy to see them both showing they can compete at this level.
Just now need to do it on regular basis.
The good thing to come out of the game is there is lots of room for improvement.
A few key players Miller,Anderson and Ballard were OK but lots of upside.
Ben King after a horrendous first half started to improve as the game went on.
Also a great win by the reserves , players putting pressure on the seniors to perform.
Looking ahead a big game against the leaders St Kilda ,should be a good indicator where we are at.
One change I think we need to make is a backup ruckman to help Witts.Played a great game but looked absolutely cooked
during the last quarter.
Would bring in Moyle or Chol to give Witts a chop out.
Also means Casboult can spend entire game at CHF giving us a more solid structure up forward.
Have a good week all Suns supporters.

Got to be pleased with Kings movement so far this year.
7 possessions, 4 marks, 3 shots on goal this week.

If he hadn't dropped 3-4 very simple marks we'd be looking at a 3 or 4 goal game.

Pretty happy with what we've seen coming off the knee injury, although the numbers haven't been huge

Hi guys,
I come in peace...

57.8% disposal efficiency for a guy taking the kick outs is not a great stat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back