Autopsy Round 16 vs Collingwood Magpies @ The Bank - 01/07/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems like most people here believe Harwick is a saviour. I hope you're correct. I still remember when Hardwick was almost fired and only after being surrounded by good assistant coaches the team started to deliver. It's a team effort.

Personally, I don't like Hardwick personality and I can't see him fitting GC community small environment. I will always support Suns but I would have hard time to support Hardwick and would probably become a non-member and just support from side-line.

Watching Clarko and Lyon career at the moment, no guarantee that successful coaches can turn it around 2nd/3rd time. Interestingly, at the moment Ratten seems to be doing a better job than Clarko before his break and Lyons Saints look as average right now as under Ratten last year if not worse.

Someone like Kingsley would be my preferred choice if Dew goes which looks increasingly likely. One more effort like yesterday or fade out will probably do.

AFL control and effectively run Suns. They will decide.
Sorry not trying to be a smart ass but no one is saying that Hardwick is a saviour it's just that Dew has run his race and it's not working IMO. The options are a triple premiership coach and you are saying you personally don't like him and he won't fit in on the GC. Are you serious.
BTW the GC has not been a small community for a decade.

Sent from my CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sorry not trying to be a smart ass but no one is saying that Hardwick is a saviour it's just that Dew has run his race and it's not working IMO. The options are a triple premiership coach and you are saying you personally don't like him and he won't fit in on the GC. Are you serious.

Too proud to admit he's wrong. Let him live

On Nokia C2 2nd Edition using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gutted...took me 2 days to get over.
Couldn't put pressure on the ball carrier, and whipped it around by hand and flew through us.
Collins had a nightmare game, I don't even know what positives to take out of it? They were missing a few key players in De Goey, Sidebottom, with supposedly banged up Mitchell and Maynard as other key players.
We had no physical presence, and the amount it was walked out of clearances, or their backline (our forward line).

Was one of the few times in our history I wanted to leave in the 3rd qtr from an atrocious display, and embarassment.

Onto this week...

I would still label Suns as a community club compared to Vic clubs, but that's just me.

I have my reservations about Hardwick which I tried to explain but again that's just me. Let's see how he goes if he gets the job. Hopefully, I am wrong, and he takes us to the promised land. IMO, whoever coaches Suns inherits a very good list and should have a success. We are better than what we showed on Sat.

No positives unless you want a new coach come in. That was depressing performance.
I'm less on the coach noise, it's a circuit breaker/scape goat in most instances.
I look more at the players, effort, intensity, decision making and skills.

I'm less on the coach noise, it's a circuit breaker/scape goat in most instances.

VFL team on top of the ladder and still blokes can’t get a start in Dew’s team of favourites.
I’m all for looking at player performance, as long as when they don’t perform there are repercussions.
Same goes for the feel good stories running around in the senior team….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

VFL team on top of the ladder and still blokes can’t get a start in Dew’s team of favourites.
I’m all for looking at player performance, as long as when they don’t perform there are repercussions.

Most of our VFL team are just that: VFL players. Too good for VFL, but offer little at AFL level, or can’t play the position because other players have that role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

37/48 blokes have played this year. With only jeffrey and Touk on the injury list. Not sure how you wanna fit in everyone?

37/48 blokes have played this year. With only jeffrey and Touk on the injury list. Not sure how you wanna fit in everyone?
Our weakness-small forwards-have been a rotating wheel of misfortune
Tsitas Oea Rosas Sexton
They can all perform at VFL level to some extent but the step up is way too hard

Small forwards definitely need be a focus in the trade period. Dew focuses on having pressure small forwards but having a super dangerous player or 2 up there all of a sudden makes attacking defenders think twice about leaving their man.

Yep and they need a circuit breaker the players are way too comfortable and complacent with him. And his game plan is outdated and ineffective.

Small forwards definitely need be a focus in the trade period. Dew focuses on having pressure small forwards but having a super dangerous player or 2 up there all of a sudden makes attacking defenders think twice about leaving their man.
kind of just let one go last year to the go home/mummy factor

Yep and they need a circuit breaker the players are way too comfortable and complacent with him. And his game plan is outdated and ineffective.

Just not sold on that yet, just my opinion. All our wins the last 2 years can't have been because the opponent had an off day. We've beaten some top 8 teams this year and been belted by some. All in all, we're just inconsistent with the cattle on the park - injury is certainly no excuse this year.

Just not sold on that yet, just my opinion. All our wins the last 2 years can't have been because the opponent had an off day. We've beaten some top 8 teams this year and been belted by some. All in all, we're just inconsistent with the cattle on the park - injury is certainly no excuse this year.
Pretty measured assessment of our season so far. Only thing I'd add is I do think losing Touk probably cost us a win or two this season (and probably a whole lot of percentage). Some will say one player can't reverse what's happened but when you've got a young list screaming out for some leadership/experience in those crunch moments and you see the 3rd place finisher in the most recent Brownlow count sitting on the sidelines, you do wonder if we could have gotten over the line in a game like the one against the Dees. Anyway, the narrative around our season would be very different if we had an extra two wins and were sitting in 6th position on the ladder right now. Such is the nature of the league though - sometimes an extra win (or two) can completely change the narrative from a failure of a season to a successful one. It's a cut throat industry.

Pretty measured assessment of our season so far. Only thing I'd add is I do think losing Touk probably cost us a win or two this season (and probably a whole lot of percentage). Some will say one player can't reverse what's happened but when you've got a young list screaming out for some leadership/experience in those crunch moments and you see the 3rd place finisher in the most recent Brownlow count sitting on the sidelines, you do wonder if we could have gotten over the line in a game like the one against the Dees. Anyway, the narrative around our season would be very different if we had an extra two wins and were sitting in 6th position on the ladder right now. Such is the nature of the league though - sometimes an extra win (or two) can completely change the narrative from a failure of a season to a successful one. It's a cut throat industry.
If we were 6th I doubt we're getting whacked by Carlton and Collingwood
Its all between the ears

If we were 6th I doubt we're getting whacked by Carlton and Collingwood
Its all between the ears
We'll never know what would have happened if Touk was in the team and we secured a few more wins earlier in the season. All we can really do is look at the way we play when Touk rejoins the team this week and see if it's different. The rest is speculation.

Collingwood too good. Simple as that. We are not at the level to be contenders (just yet). Things can change quickly. I hope the team watches the game over and over. The team has something to prove and if they don't stand up next week to me that will be coach defining.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back