HB: Constable Stein Johnston
C: Sharp K. Hunt Blakely
HF: McLaughlin Day Oea
FF: Rosas Burgess Chol
R: Moyle Graham Walter

I: Rogers Read Uwland Farrar
Sub: Lock (c)

Lions kick the first 3 goals.
We start digging in after the first 10 minutes and manage to stay about 30 points behind until the late in the 3rd before Brisbane really run away with it.

End score
Lions 108
Suns 46

Lions kick the first 3 goals.
We start digging in after the first 10 minutes and manage to stay about 30 points behind until the late in the 3rd before Brisbane really run away with it.

End score
Lions 108
Suns 46

And about 4 mins into the 4th the tv gets turned off

Be interesting to see how lukosius pulls up he copped a leg knock in the 3rd quarter and was limping around for the rest of the game and was walking continuous laps in the airport waiting for the flight

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We usually play them back into form when they’re not travelling well.
Not travelling well? One of 4 favourites to win it all, just 4 points off 2nd position on ladder.

I watched Lions every game. Yes, they blew it against Demons in the last quarter but in that game, they played probably their best footy under Fagan. Against Cats they were comfortably handling them except converting opportunities.

They injected some youth and speed instead of Lyons, Rich and started to defend much better. Dunkley was unbelievable addition.

If we again struggle to defend on transition, they will kill us by 50+ comfortably.

Last edited:
If luko happens to miss through injury I'd like to see mac Andrew thrown fwd to see what he can do up there. Could King be tried back? Probably has a good match up in hipwood. In the end we probably roll out the same line-up and learn nothing.

If luko happens to miss through injury I'd like to see mac Andrew thrown fwd to see what he can do up there. Could King be tried back? Probably has a good match up in hipwood. In the end we probably roll out the same line-up and learn nothing.
Hipwood wouldn't have kick over 10 goals this season with our inside 50 delivery.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seems like Luko is okay. Wasn't named in the injury report today thankfully.

Reckon we'll pursue with Ballard, Collins and Andrew as our three tall defenders. Collins and Andrew arguably had their best ever games for us over the weekend and we know Ballard's quality.

Not sure how we get King going again though. Perhaps sit him down and just go through the tape to show him how lethargic and lazy he looks out there at the moment. The footage of him against GWS looked pretty damning when he was barely moving while defenders just ran right past him with no realistic pressure being applied whatsoever.

If he's not going to impact the game as a deep forward then I hope the coaching tells him that his role this weekend is to either run as a decoy to pull the elite interceptor in Harris Andrews away from the hotspot where Luko/Casboult should be able to mark the ball or play King higher up the ground where he can take some marks on the wing and get more involved in the lead up play.

Andrews is reasonably slow so if King uses his speed he might be able to get some separation this weekend but I'm not overly confident of that. One thing is for sure, the role he played against the Giants was just a completely wasted position on the field for us.

I’m going to this one with a bunch of lions fanatics.
Think this is the first Suns game I’ve gone to for about 2 years?
Seen Lions a few times lately. They’re not THAT great.
I was the same, hadnt been for a few years. Decided to go to the carlton game. I sat with players family and friends, that was probably worse lol Levi’s dad was scathing

This is gonna get ugly. I’ll be there to support the boys and stay till the end of a 100 point loss, it’s why I signed up in 2018… just didn’t think it would still be happening in 2023

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Must be easy to get up for a side when they’re playing the suns all the coach has to say just hang in there and save your energy until half time then go hard and watch them fell apart

This game kind of feels like a free swing now. No one is expecting us to win and maybe that actually allows us to play better. We've seen that with Carlton over the last few weeks so maybe it's our turn in that sense. I just want to see a four quarter effort where different tactics/positions are trialed if it's obvious that something isn't working aka King sitting in the goal square doing nothing for most of the game.

The optimist in me says this is a two horse race and any team is capable of beating their opposition on any given day but it's obviously difficult to feel good about our team going into this one. Having said that, if we did somehow pull off a miraculous win in this game then we'd be exactly where people would have expected us to be had we beaten GWS and lost to the Lions i.e. still alive in the finals race. I've always said that when you lose a game you should/need to win then you have to make up for it with a game you're not supposed to win and this match presents that opportunity for us.

No idea what we'll get from the boys this week but I hope it's something better than what they dished up in Canberra.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back