Review Round 18 vs St. Kilda Saints @ The Bank - 15/07/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing better than to have a joke at the expense of my daughter's boyfriend - a Saints supporter :p

It looks like the team played with weight off their shoulders, with more freedom, took the game on, players were more proactive, more handballs, more overlapping. Better in contest, pressure.

Pretty funny to read Atkins appreciation comments considering his history with Suns and past melt comments.

Flanders looking good. He will re-sign.

Luko is pleasure to watch. Happy for him to prove many people wrong. Did he fix his set shot kicking?

Performance mostly even across the team but for me Powell was the highlight. What a player to have.

Witts surprised me and got better of Marshall. Why does not he try hitting the ball outside more often?

Poor Ben King still struggling and can't take a break.

Ross the boss - listen to his answer about Suns at the end of presser - it's funny.

Last edited:
Well if he does want to go back to SA at some stage he's working nicely into an asking price of 5 first rounders and a priority pick
I'm sure he'll go home to Adelaide at some stage but over the next few years wouldn't seem to be the time. Most go home after their career so no surprises there but I would be surprised if he goes before this current long term contract runs its course. Of course I've been wrong before. Saw him last night at the Members Function and seemed very happy and content.

I'm sure he'll go home to Adelaide at some stage but over the next few years wouldn't seem to be the time. Most go home after their career so no surprises there but I would be surprised if he goes before this current long term contract runs its course. Of course I've been wrong before. Saw him last night at the Members Function and seemed very happy and content.

Think Lukosius is loving life and loving his footy at the moment. Can see the difference in how he plays now. Who woulda thought he'd be outperforming Rankine and King as a pure forward in 2023!

A little bit bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One flag in their entire history
Shouldn’t they just fold and go to Tassie…oops-I mean Darwin- New Zealand- Ballarat- Heard Island ….
Then they’ll get some “concessions”
But they’ll have to operate out of demountables for the first 6 years and live off the discards from other Clubs forever

Shouldn’t they just fold and go to Tassie…oops-I mean Darwin- New Zealand- Ballarat- Heard Island ….
But they’ll have to operate out of demountables for the first 6 years and live off the discards from other Clubs forever

The fact that St Kilda are in the exact same position as last year (8-9) with "Ross the Boss" is quite funny.

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

He was very supportive of expansion said nothing derogatory about us

Sent from my CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sammy Flanders new nickname has to be “Grunter” after that interview!! Must’ve lost his voice from yelling directions on the field.

Sammy Flanders new nickname has to be “Grunter” after that interview!! Must’ve lost his voice from yelling directions on the field.
I met him last night was a really impressive young man, was different to what I expected judging by what he told me and his connection with King and Drummo I think he will continue to improve and reach his potential

Great picture.

361173511_738050811664656_5580181564077866843_n.jpg

Rowell needs to drop down to 60 and get Humphrey up about 30%

With Rowells desperation and never give up attitude he’d just be like Holman as a forward pocket
Rowell is too slow to be a forward. Get Swallow and Fiorini out of there and let Flanders and Humpher take the minutes.

CBA %. Witts 77, Rowell 77, Anderson 68, Miller 64, Flanders 50, Casboult 23, Fiorini 18, Humphrey 14, Swallow 9.
Rowell needs to drop down to 60 and get Humphrey up about 30%

With Rowells desperation and never give up attitude he’d just be like Holman as a forward pocket
Rowell is too slow to be a forward. Get Swallow and Fiorini out of there and let Flanders and Humpher take the minutes.
This table really paints a picture when it comes to our CBAs and explains a lot. We had a much better spread yesterday and importantly put more time into a guys like Flanders and Humphrey over someone like Swallow. The full time inclusion of Touk obviously help our spread as well. Also, it's very clear to see why Witts was exhausted week after week under Dew.
iVWSX9B.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back