Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1688667383524.png

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

It’s a bit of a nothing game, if we win well so we should with the injury list of the Saints, if we lose by less than 30 it will be seen as competitive.

In the end I don’t trust our team at all, I don’t think many of you do either
No I don't but I've gotta keep showing up so here we are

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a bit of a nothing game, if we win well so we should with the injury list of the Saints, if we lose by less than 30 it will be seen as competitive.

In the end I don’t trust our team at all, I don’t think many of you do either
I predict 80% of the crowd will be asleep by 3/4 time.
Both teams play a slow, boring, horrible brand of football. Snoozefest.

On CPH2333 using BigFooty.com mobile app

This will be the game that makes or breaks, not just the season but Dew's coaching career on the GC. A home game against a team hit by injuries competing for a finals spot. If we can't get over the line here then I imagine Dew will be given his marching orders.

A win keeps Dew in the job for another week.

I'd say Chol, Constable, Hollands and Sharp all deserve a game given their form in the 2s BUT won't hold my breath. Ace, Fiorini, Ellis can all go plus one more. Still not sold on Mac Andrew yet but he might surprise me in a few years time when he fills out and does a lot more in the game.

The long game for Mac Andrew is worth it I think, but agree that fiorini, Ellis and I'd add swallow are really stale and hate to say need to make way for some fresh faces. Fiorini is ok as a mid against weaker opposition but struggles when the speed of the game steps up. Hard to say there's reserves players that will be much better though as those guys dominate when they go back. Is davies worth trying now in place of swallow? I'd be playing hollands for sure and maybe Graham. Sharp is out the door so why invest in him. Chol is a tricky one because King is the worst forward currently and that opens a can of worms if he is to be dropped. Huge trade period coming up.

The long game for Mac Andrew is worth it I think, but agree that fiorini, Ellis and I'd add swallow are really stale and hate to say need to make way for some fresh faces. Fiorini is ok as a mid against weaker opposition but struggles when the speed of the game steps up. Hard to say there's reserves players that will be much better though as those guys dominate when they go back. Is davies worth trying now in place of swallow? I'd be playing hollands for sure and maybe Graham. Sharp is out the door so why invest in him. Chol is a tricky one because King is the worst forward currently and that opens a can of worms if he is to be dropped. Huge trade period coming up.
Yeah, some interesting choices, options. Some players struggle on form, confidence. Actually, the whole team is low on confidence.

King played well before bye. He is our future. I would be surprised if he does not play next week.

I thought Chol improved in VFL and could come in to replace Casboult but Levi was fantastic yesterday.

For sure, Graham does not play worse than Collins at the moment.

I thought Mac and Ace played reasonably well. Mac was ignored quite often in good positions. I sure prefer ball in his hands than in Collins or just blindly blasting the ball forward.

I would play Moyle and rest Witts who looks again sore like early in the season.

Fiorini reverted back to his bad kicking. Yes from me for Davies to replace him or Swallow who it seems can't repeat last year form.

Humphrey has great moments but far in between and could need a rest.

No point to play Sharp if he is leaving. VFL numbers means nothing compared to AFL level especially when opposition in VFL is in most games a level below our fully fit team. He is still uncontested seagull.

Hollands, did his performance against Frankston scream pick me up? Not from what I have seen in 2nd half.

In VFL, I liked Uwland, Johnston, Burgess. Moyle does a good job too but it's VFL.

It looks like Saints finally played well after bye despite losing 3 players and their inaccuracy hurt them. Marshall, Sinclair, Steele were outstanding.

It starts with midfield and unfortunately, we were exposed there badly recently.

Last edited:
welcome josh drummond to the afl coaching world

This will be the game that makes or breaks, not just the season but Dew's coaching career on the GC. A home game against a team hit by injuries competing for a finals spot. If we can't get over the line here then I imagine Dew will be given his marching orders.

A win keeps Dew in the job for another week.
The thing is. This is an 8-point swing game against the 5th placed Saints so even though the last 2 weeks have been pretty bad, we're guaranteed to be within one win of the top 8 if we win this game and possibly even closer depending on other results. A lot of the teams around our area of the ladder also happen to have draws on their records so percentage isn't as big of a factor as it seemed a few weeks ago.

It's a rough three-week run with games against 1st, 2nd and 5th on the ladder but I think upper management would understand the position we're currently in and know that a win here keeps our season alive. Even without Max King, St Kilda are still a good team so we'll have to play well to get the W but I don't think you can really sack a guy that has a team 1 win away from the top 8 with 6 games to go in the season but a loss to the Saints might be enough.

Our next two games against St Kilda and GWS are both 8-point swing games IMO. Sort of have to win both to keep our season alive and that may even be the same criteria used to determine if Dew keeps his job. I'd rather not find out. Let's just get the win and keep our season alive.

Thought Andrew did well on occasions , Ace game may have been sugarcoated by that late goal , think last night may be his peak where Rosas or Holland are capable of kicking multiple goals. Still think the Suns can make the finals if they steal one or two games that people think they should lose

Max King confirmed out and is going to have surgery. We won't see him again this season.

Could be the exact boost we need to get over the line in this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back