Review Q-CLASH XXV vs Brisbane Lions @ The Bank - 29/07/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d think a player trade like Ollie Henry or Tanner Bruhn are good benchmarks for a trade we should expect for Flanders—so late 1st round or early 2nd + steak knives.

Alternative, if he does go, he can be used in a potential player trade negotiation I guess.

Hope he stays. Has looked the goods since coming back into the team. Especially with Swallow in the final years, Flanders has shown he can play midfield and even take a key role as the link up player and ball winner around the ground.
I hope Flanders’s stays as well, might be tough as teams like Geelong will have a job for his Mum to fold napkins for $400k a year

I’d think a player trade like Ollie Henry or Tanner Bruhn are good benchmarks for a trade we should expect for Flanders—so late 1st round or early 2nd + steak knives.

Alternative, if he does go, he can be used in a potential player trade negotiation I guess.

Hope he stays. Has looked the goods since coming back into the team. Especially with Swallow in the final years, Flanders has shown he can play midfield and even take a key role as the link up player and ball winner around the ground.
I think he has shown far more than either of those two.
Although they were 2 years younger.
It would be a starting point.

I was struggling to keep up with the play as well as all the action off the ball. There was lots happening. the two sides clearly don't like each other and it looked like little brother finally got sick of big brother beating him up and decided to turn the tables.

I hope Mac doesn't get any weeks for his rough conduct on Berry as Mac was the retaliator not the initiator.

I hope Dorko gets weeks for kicking Touk
Good God I’ve watched some footy in my time but he is an all time flog
Then again he’s just a colour palette for the entire Lions team
Filled with some of the most unlikable players in the comp

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hope Dorko gets weeks for kicking Touk
Good God I’ve watched some footy in my time but he is an all time flog
Then again he’s just a colour palette for the entire Lions team
Filled with some of the most unlikable players in the comp

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was very obvious the Lions players were getting very shitty about getting beaten by little brother. Most of the fracas that I saw appeared to be started by them.

Ainsworth been pretty good since the bye - although hasn't escaped criticism.
18.5 disposals, 5.5 marks, 11 goals in the 7 games post bye.

Along with Ballard, King, Lukosius, Anderson, Rowell, Flanders, Powell, Macpherson - All 22 - 25 years old and played 40 - 100 games.

Have all had good patches this year, but also had down games / periods.

Would love to see these guys all finish strong and be the drivers going into next year.

i think my favourite part of last night (besides smashing those pricks) was seeing the players stand tall and give back instead of rolling over for the first time. Touk and Swallow set the standard as leaders, but seeing the young guys - Mac, Flanders, Powell, Bear, even Ainsworth, etc. fight back AND cut them up was awesome. The whole team was walking taller and playing with a new sense of confidence. That level of ‘f*ck you’ needs to be the standard, not a one-off, if we want to play the best teams well.

Will be interesting to see the outcomes for Touk and Mac. I think there will be a few players from both teams copping fines.

Will be interesting to see the outcomes for Touk and Mac. I think there will be a few players from both teams copping fines.
Not the first time that's happened. I remember in QClash 16 we saw four fines handed out Fiorini, Lemmens, Robinson and Hodge for wrestling/rough conduct/dangerous tackles etc. The fact that this keeps happening in QClashes just shows the players do genuinely care about the rivalry and will do what's necessary to get the win, even if it risks suspension/fines.

I suspect both Touk and Mac will receive fines. Everyone knows the history between Touk and Zorko so this is just another chapter in their feud and Mac was clearly reacting to what Berry just did to him. If copping a few fines means the boys showed that they will not accept being physically dominated by Brisbane anymore then it's well worth the money. We needed to make a stand against the Lions and the boys finally did that last night.

Miller accidentally checked out if flog Zorko has any balls left :p Personally, I could not care less if he gets suspended. That was performance for ages from Miller especially considering he was not able to run for 8 weeks and yet he just demolished Neale in hard running.

That was the team performance I needed. It should give us more optimism into future.

Most pleasing for me was that after years of men vs kids, we actually battered Lions physically. Great to see. We were harder, wanted it more, took the game on, played well for 4 quarters.

🐻 showed again what an exciting prospect he is. He's a born leader.

Mac always had that mongrel in him.

I thought Lemmens did a very good job on Cameron. Easily our best small defender 1v1.

Anderson is a gun. Surprised teams don't tag him yet.

Swallow still has some games left. He was good.

Yes, Flanders is very clean, has quick hands in tight.

Witts was back to his best. Where was it last weekend? It's like one great game followed by 2 bad ones.

How about Rosas goal and pass to Levi. People are too harsh on him. Still only 34 games. Yes, he needs to be more consistent, more involved but he has talent.

It was good to see Rowell picking it up in 2nd half.

Wondering what was happening with King in the past month. It looked like a lot of players approached him after the game to support him.

Ballard had some lapses but overall, the defence played well. Bloody hell, you almost want the ball in Atkins hands :)

That passage leading to Farrar's goal (Miller smiling at Neale face and then great kick to Swallow) and Farrar's celebration was special. So was Luko's kick to King.

Thanks boys, I feel better.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaking of Floggy Flogs that went to Flogsbridge University to get a PhD in Flogginess
I give you Jonathon Brown
Every non-free that gifted Brisbane a goal
"That was there!"(apparently)
For a guy that lived in Tally Valley and drove up to Shitstane to play he just can't get past his dislike for us

Speaking of Floggy Flogs that went to Flogsbridge University to get a PhD in Flogginess
I give you Jonathon Brown
Every non-free that gifted Brisbane a goal
"That was there!"(apparently)
For a guy that lived in Tally Valley and drove up to Shitstane to play he just can't get past his dislike for us
His wife is a Gold Coaster and they moved back to the GC in Currumbin Valley earlier this year after several years down in Melbourne. Browny finally realised he doesn't have to live in Antarctica 2.0 aka Melbourne in order to pursue a media career in the footy industry and is now back to living his best life on the Gold Coast. The funny part will be when his son Jack starts playing junior footy for a Gold Coast team and gets added to the Suns Academy. Will be even funnier if Jack Brown chooses to join us instead of them when his draft year rolls around.

Im smoking the Mac crack 100%. So high on this bloke, going to be a monster.
Just a couple of more preseasons to build his strength and add a few kgs (not too much so he retains that ridiculous mobility for a bloke 2m tall) will be a weapon. Love his aggression even if he’s pushing the boundaries every now and then. Berry thought he could bully him and came off second best.

Mac is ahead of his projection.

Remember when it was supposedly Mac or Gibcus. Gibcus came in and played straight away looked solid, now missed his 2nd year.

Mac is now strongly building and looking incredible overhead.

Scary prospect when he adds size.

What i like about him the most is he gets the ball at its peak, meanwhile Wittsy at 211cm is still chest marking sky balls.

Mac is ahead of his projection.

Remember when it was supposedly Mac or Gibcus. Gibcus came in and played straight away looked solid, now missed his 2nd year.

Mac is now strongly building and looking incredible overhead.

Scary prospect when he adds size.

What i like about him the most is he gets the ball at its peak, meanwhile Wittsy at 211cm is still chest marking sky balls.
What I loved about his draft highlights reel was his awareness and ball use
Amazing how he's now putting those same skills out every week at AFL level when about 3 months ago he was making errors that were costing us matches

I'll start with Ainsworth again, brilliant response. He was front and square and good on the lead as always but just was a bit more dangerous this week, now we just need that consistently, he's a former pick 4 small fwd, in his prime, he needs to be dangerous like that week in, week out. He can't let Rowell and Anderson try win the game and hope to contribute, he's better then that and he showed it.

Miller, Captain's game. I f ing love touk when he's angry. Pushing his opponent and working off him, Miller use to be a very good tagger, but if he can add that offence on top then that's tasty. Playing to his strengths, that's what Dimma was all about at Richmond.

Lukosius ran the forward line, laced king out. He and Anderson, and King to his own credit, really looked to get him into the game and was great teammate stuff.

Anderson was special, Flanders just SO FRICKING CONSISTENT. A known source, how good. Just let him do what he does. Like Atkins, he's target Nick Daicos and I mean that with the most utmost respect.

Collins, 2 great weeks. Stepped up with Ballard playing closer to goal I thought ? Mac Andrew hype train is very real. Credit to Dew, he kept playing him, he knew he just needed time and now someone else will benefit from his long term strategy.

After the performance this week I'm willing to give Josh Drummond another chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back