Review Q-CLASH XXV vs Brisbane Lions @ The Bank - 29/07/23 - 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Finished 26-10
Why am I not surprised.
They were just awful as always
The goal review guy even got in on the act with the Benny disallowed goal.I mean WTF???
Summed up by McLuggage tripping on his shoelaces in front of Chucky B in the last quarter and getting a free for it
FairPlay it ended up leading to the Jye Farrar goal which is probably the greatest goal in Club history
Seriously

They were just awful as always
The goal review guy even got in on the act with the Benny disallowed goal.I mean WTF???
Summed up by McLuggage tripping on his shoelaces in front of Chucky B in the last quarter and getting a free for it
FairPlay it ended up leading to the Jye Farrar goal which is probably the greatest goal in Club history
Seriously
The goal review defs was right. Looked like it deviated live, thought it hit the post on tv.

I would love to see a mashup video of all the beef in this match. Not sure how much the camera caught, but during the game you could see at the ground that it was on. Players on both teams were going at it all game.

Just rewatched the second half. They didn’t show even 10% of the little spot fires that were going on all over the field

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Just rewatched the second half. They didn’t show even 10% of the little spot fires that were going on all over the field

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think there was a moment where I saw three different ones happening at once around the ground.

I did love the passion tonight. And having players stand up for each other each time just seemed to feed the team. Miller was loving it.

So stoked with that. Went to the game with pretty low expectations, but we turned it on in that 2nd half and basically beat em up. Lions played to slow and negatively, like how we used to play under Dew. You have to play with a positive mindset and be aggressive offensively if you want to win games and good to see we took the game on and got rewarded with one of our best wins!

How good was that!!!

Episode 17 GIF by The Simpsons

Our time will come and when it does it's going to be a sweet, sweet victory over the Lions. Bottle this emotion and let it out at the return QClash later this year when our boys will need every bit of energy they can get to pulled off an inspired win.

Not sure if others felt this way but sitting in the stands at the Gabba last night, I felt there was a lot of worried Lions fans contemplating what a loss to us would mean up until the fourth quarter when they ran away with it. They felt it and they knew what it meant if they were going to lose. It's just a matter of time.
I had hoped I would get the opportunity to quote this from the round 10 QClash thread and sure enough here we are. I'll share my thoughts on the performance tomorrow but right now I'm still on a high from the win and am just enjoying what was an amazing victory over our local rival. It sure was a sweet victory!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to see a mashup video of all the beef in this match. Not sure how much the camera caught, but during the game you could see at the ground that it was on. Players on both teams were going at it all game.
I was struggling to keep up with the play as well as all the action off the ball. There was lots happening. the two sides clearly don't like each other and it looked like little brother finally got sick of big brother beating him up and decided to turn the tables.

I hope Mac doesn't get any weeks for his rough conduct on Berry as Mac was the retaliator not the initiator.

Best coached game in the last 6 years. Guys playing with freedom and aggression.

Humphrey is going to be a star
We have observed over the past few years that players -especially the players not blessed by Cardinal Stew-look like frozen deer in the headlights=fearful of doing the wrong thing and getting a quick return to the 2nds

So good.
Great win!

“Our playing group had enough, as a footy club we’d had enough, of honourable losses. The players found it within themselves to create a really positive memory for themselves and the club,” King said."

So good.
Great win!

“Our playing group had enough, as a footy club we’d had enough, of honourable losses. The players found it within themselves to create a really positive memory for themselves and the club,” King said."

Love that quote.

Add to that attractive for potential recruits. If Flanders is to re-sign you would think this week would be a good opportunity while the vibe is up. Worst case and he leaves I think he's now worth a late 1st round.
Surely if you were in Flanders camp you’d wait to see who the coach will be before re-signing.

A positive feeling around the club won’t harm though.

Surely if you were in Flanders camp you’d wait to see who the coach will be before re-signing.

A positive feeling around the club won’t harm though.
Yeah true but you would think in his instance he'd be happy with the fact that it isn't dew. I know Richmond had a few guys extended not long after hardwick quit.

Add to that attractive for potential recruits. If Flanders is to re-sign you would think this week would be a good opportunity while the vibe is up. Worst case and he leaves I think he's now worth a late 1st round.
I’d think a player trade like Ollie Henry or Tanner Bruhn are good benchmarks for a trade we should expect for Flanders—so late 1st round or early 2nd + steak knives.

Alternative, if he does go, he can be used in a potential player trade negotiation I guess.

Hope he stays. Has looked the goods since coming back into the team. Especially with Swallow in the final years, Flanders has shown he can play midfield and even take a key role as the link up player and ball winner around the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back