Review Round 15 vs Hawthorn Hawks @ The Bank - 25/06/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice boring win, could of been alot larger but fixed our %.

Mac was nice, Flanders impressive, Nice to see Oea's family in the song too!

Onto the next

Not bad, 3 trips to Heritage, 3 wins.

Maybe some people should wait commenting until half time.

Basically, after slow start, when we shook off bye blues and warmed up the engine, Hawks were no match for us. They looked like us last week. That was 100+ win written all over it if we did not butcher a lot of opportunities.

Funnily enough, whipping boys here recently had a good game. Watching from crowd, Rosas seemed working hard and put some decent pressure on together with Ace.

Atkins impressed me with his decisions, kicks. He belongs finally.

I enjoyed watching class of Ballard, Powell, Lukosius.

As for VFL, Hollands still does not impress me. Not sure what he is doing. Johnston on the other hand excited me.

One thing I noticed tonight was how often King or Casboult would fly with Luko for the same mark 20m out and get in each others way.

I appreciate Luko is spending more time inside 50 and working on his forward craft, but we are so clearly at our most dangerous when we are funnelling the ball through him at half-forward with King 1v1 doing his thing in the square, rather than our mids bombing it from all parts of the ground to the 2 of them going for the one mark. So much less predictable as well.

Plenty we can fix even after a 10 goal win.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed tonight was how often King or Casboult would fly with Luko for the same mark 20m out and get in each others way.

I appreciate Luko is spending more time inside 50 and working on his forward craft, but we are so clearly at our most dangerous when we are funnelling the ball through him at half-forward with King 1v1 doing his thing in the square, rather than our mids bombing it from all parts of the ground to the 2 of them going for the one mark. So much less predictable as well.

Plenty we can fix even after a 10 goal win.
Luko scored 26 goals so far and if he was more accurate, he could be even/ahead of King (33). Personally, I give him more credit for his forward role/craft. Today, I noticed watching live he run into open spaces beautifully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly I think I was the only one giving Scrimsook his dues
People forget he rogered us the pea heart

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Probably b/c he is a pretty forgettable player.
Even Sam Mitchell has forgotten him a few times.
Lots of touches and marks today, plenty of metres gained, some intercept marks, but not much influence on the game and no forceful plays.
67 inside 50's and zero tackles.

I've got a good feeling about this

I missed a home game against Hawthorn in 2017 due to needing to be at a State Comp Event.

We'd just been pantsed the week before and it was looking pretty gloomy, Low and behold we ended up flogging them by 86 points.

We'll guess who can't make it today due to another event...

MANIFEST THIS WIN
Tom Cruise 80S GIF

Interesting that Noah only had 11 centre bounce attendances. Played a lot on the wing and starting forward. I wonder if that's going to be a higher rotation going forward? Would solve our wing issue but is it taking too much out of our midfield?
Not if Flanders comes on like expected. He played well today and has been exceeding expectations in the VFL
If you believe what Dew said in his presser then Touk might be back in the next two to three weeks.
Midfield should look pretty good

Not if Flanders comes on like expected. He played well today and has been exceeding expectations in the VFL
If you believe what Dew said in his presser then Touk might be back in the next two to three weeks.
Midfield should look pretty good
Ned played well I have to admit. With him and Rowell as the first possession winners handing it to a Touk or Noah as a receiver gives our midfield a much nicer balance. Hopefully Ned comes along as that ball winner he has shown in the VFL.
Generated some drive with his legs out of contests on more than one occasion yesterday as well, never seen that before from him at AFL level.

Ned played well I have to admit. With him and Rowell as the first possession winners handing it to a Touk or Noah as a receiver gives our midfield a much nicer balance. Hopefully Ned comes along as that ball winner he has shown in the VFL.
Generated some drive with his legs out of contests on more than one occasion yesterday as well, never seen that before from him at AFL level.
Putting Ned and Bray in against a fairly pedestrian Hawthorn midfield was a great move.Gives them confidence.Different story vs Collingwood on the weekend though

Fiorini was also very good.

Goes to show if you play these guys in their preferred position, they might actually do something.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back