Autopsy Round 3 vs Geelong @ The Bank. 02/04/23 - 2:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

0-3 incoming
Tired Ariana Grande GIF by NETFLIX

Jack Bowes light it up son

What changes do you even make after that?

Ballard and Collins need to be held accountable, but our entire defensive system is non-existent and we’re not exactly stocked for depth.

Constable needs to not be seen at AFL level again.

Hollands just isn’t a winger. Got absolutely cooked so many times out in transition. Problem is Dew doesn’t rate the wing role at all and he’s frozen out the only potential option on the list. Geelong are going to do us by three figures with the way their experienced heads can hold their shape and attack on the outside.

Just shuffling deck chairs and hoping for individual performances to get us over the line.

Seems futile but Uwland needs to come out, go back to the VFL and work on his game.

Hollands has been underwhelming, he isn't a wingman, but he has had a very rough start to the year.

Powell is a must to come back in. If Lemmens is fit, he needs to come straight back in as well.

What changes do you even make after that?

Ballard and Collins need to be held accountable, but our entire defensive system is non-existent and we’re not exactly stocked for depth.

Constable needs to not be seen at AFL level again.

Hollands just isn’t a winger. Got absolutely cooked so many times out in transition. Problem is Dew doesn’t rate the wing role at all and he’s frozen out the only potential option on the list. Geelong are going to do us by three figures with the way their experienced heads can hold their shape and attack on the outside.

Just shuffling deck chairs and hoping for individual performances to get us over the line.
I rate Holland's but maybe he needs to play as a forward, also having watched Rosas as a junior in the Territory he does have a habit of spraying the ball in front of goals, reckon he would be better suited up the field as a running link player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I rate Holland's but maybe he needs to play as a forward, also having watched Rosas as a junior in the Territory he does have a habit of spraying the ball in front of goals, reckon he would be better suited up the field as a running link player
Just swap the two of them, perhaps. Rosas more of a wing, Hollands more as a forward. Rosas has pace and pressure and I loved that one field kick he did today. That’s all I’m basing it off, so not really a solid sample size.

Hollands just seems like a natural forward-mid with his height and hands, as well as the ability to kick both sides. And he seems lost on the wing right now.

I could see Powell coming in for Uwland. Farrar for Constable. Now we have more pace (and hopefully more skill), so it’s basically our backline from last year.

Weller can then move up the ground on a wing, or rotate with the others. He’s a good kick and still has his pace… but a defender he is not, nor will he ever be. He can also start drifting into midfield when we need pace—just like the old days!

DMac was pretty good today, so Lemmens probably can come back more slowly for now.

Maybe we need to debut a third tall (or, er… Graham) to let Ballard play interceptor. Whoever we play will get destroyed by Cameron next week anyway.

I still think players like Chol and Sexton are also good enough to play. We need accurate kickers to stretch a much weaker Geelong defence.

It’s a fools hope now, but it’s all we’ve got.

Flanders out Humphrey in
I dunno if Humphrey is ready, based on his VFL game. Was ok, but not standout in a game we dominated mostly.

He’ll play soon, no doubt. Maybe 1-2 more games in the twos and then unleash him.

There’s a spot there (Him, Flanders, Fiorini, Davies and eventually maybe Hollands are all going for the same spot, really).

I dunno if Humphrey is ready, based on his VFL game. Was ok, but not standout in a game we dominated mostly.

He’ll play soon, no doubt. Maybe 1-2 more games in the twos and then unleash him.

There’s a spot there (Him, Flanders, Fiorini, Davies and eventually maybe Hollands are all going for the same spot, really).

Flanders had plenty of opportunity and seems doesn’t want the spot

Have always thought when you lose a game you should win (Essendon) then you need to make up for it by winning a game you shouldn't (Geelong). I know it's a tall order but I do believe in giving a playing/coaching group a chance to redeem themselves. Although it wasn't good, I can somewhat overlook the Swans game as it becomes more obviously that Sydney are on another level this season but the Essendon game was inexcusable.

We're definitely playing below our ability (for whatever reason) but so are the Cats. If we step it up and the Cats continue to struggle then maybe, just maybe, we have a shot in this one. Swallow's 200th and we know Dave is highly respected within the four walls so I'd like to think there's ample reason for the boys to get their s**t together for this one.

Please Suns. Give us something to believe in.

I actually strangely believe we started our engine and will roll Cats next Sun. It should be a great game, both teams under pump. Not over yet.

It will be interesting to see if Powell plays after half game in VFL.
This is giving me hope as well. Geelong are definitely struggling so who knows. We've sprung surprise wins over Geelong at Carrara before.

Last edited:
Hello
Hope you are all well.
I’ve decided that I’ll make a cameo appearance whenever I deem a game to be a “Mini GF”.

This without a doubt is it.
Lose this one and I strongly doubt I make another contribution for another 12 months sadly.
We need a miracle. Well let’s see Dew and the Leadership make it happen.

And yes it is me.

Hello
Hope you are all well.
I’ve decided that I’ll make a cameo appearance whenever I deem a game to be a “Mini GF”.

Lose this one and I strongly doubt I make another contribution for another 12 months sadly.

And yes it is me.
YESSSS BODSY! Welcome back my guy. Let me know if you wanna grab a beer next week at the game. My shout.

Hello
Hope you are all well.

And yes it is me.
Welcome back!
Sincerely hope it is you and not some cruel troll..
Sad that this will likely be it for 12 months but glad you’ve returned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back