Autopsy Round 14 vs Carlton Blues @ Melbourne Cricket Ground - 18/06/23 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

******* pathetic Andrew
Either Dew feels completely secure in his job or he and the selection team see something we don't in guys like Berry Andrew Rosas and Davies that would keep them in the team over Lemmens Chol and Ellis
As much as I love him the Sexton experiment is now officially clag
Sandy Brock is a better footballer than Mac Andrew at the moment.Much better

Are all these top 10 draft picks duds? Or are they still not drilled in the game plan, there is a game plan right?
Andrew will get there but if we were actually serious about winning today he shouldn't have been anywhere near the team sheet other than doing copies for the team meeting
This was a day for hard bodies and hard noses
The Emperor was not only nude today but back sack and crack'd

Either Dew feels completely secure in his job or he and the selection team see something we don't in guys like Berry Andrew Rosas and Davies that would keep them in the team over Lemmens Chol and Ellis

But that is just fluffing around the margins.
At some point, when we are under the pump in the 2nd quarter, the leaders have to stand up and perform. Win a contest, hit a target, stick a tackle, kick the goal. And none of those mentioned are leaders.
Where were Wittsy, Rowell, Ando and Swallow in the middle to get a clearance (a strength of ours in theory(, where was Ainsworth when the goal had to be kicked, where was Powell, Collins, Ballard when we needed to get the ball back.
The fringe players cop the whack when we look putrid (and they assuredly did nothing), but this was on our good players to set the standard and get things back on our terms.
The start coming off the bye was not the problem, the response was the problem. Nine in a row. We did it to the Crows and their good players went missing. This time ours went missing and that is a black mark on them.

Sandy Brock is a better footballer than Mac Andrew at the moment.Much better

His Press Conference on Thursday scared me. He was so cocky. Today required bringing in as much hardness and experience as we have in the club.
If we now fall away then Sack Dew will be right back on again.
He only has himself to blame. He gets ahead of himself whenever these character games lob.

Well once again I guess I now say all the best till I lob in here again.
We fall away and there will be no more Mini GF’s in 2023.
Take care and unlike our players Never Ever Give Up.

It looks like bye curse worked well. Intensity was not there, got absolutely killed in the middle and contest everywhere.

I did not read comments here yet but can only imagine. Before people go after individual players, from what I have seen (missed 1st qtr) nobody played well. Probably the worst game by Anderson/Rowell in a long time.

Luckily, I go to see double games and better performance next weekend.

We will be back.

But that is just fluffing around the margins.
At some point, when we are under the pump in the 2nd quarter, the leaders have to stand up and perform. Win a contest, hit a target, stick a tackle, kick the goal. And none of those mentioned are leaders.
Where were Wittsy, Rowell, Ando and Swallow in the middle to get a clearance (a strength of ours in theory(, where was Ainsworth when the goal had to be kicked, where was Powell, Collins, Ballard when we needed to get the ball back.
The fringe players cop the whack when we look putrid (and they assuredly did nothing), but this was on our good players to set the standard and get things back on our terms.
The start coming off the bye was not the problem, the response was the problem. Nine in a row. We did it to the Crows and their good players went missing. This time ours went missing and that is a black mark on them.
Hard disagree Stroppy
I don't regard Lemmo or Ellis as fringe players
They are leaders and needed to be out there today for the very reasons you've espoused
If you're fit enough to run around in the VFL then you're fit enough for the big show
I regard Andrew Rosas Berry and Davies as fringe dwellers-which is why they shouldn't have been playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gonna blame the bye, no one turned up.
It's sort of the only explanation. Either that or five consecutive road games finally caught up with us. Everyone just seemed so flat today!

That second quarter was absolutely putrid and killed any chance of a comeback. You'd hope the boys would learn a lot of lessons from this game.

Time to regroup and go back to the basics. Back to our actual home ground next week against a team that's coming off a bye and may also be flat.

It's sort of the only explanation. Either that or five consecutive road games finally caught up with us. Everyone just seemed so flat today!

That second quarter was absolutely putrid and killed any chance of a comeback. You'd hope the boys would learn a lot of lessons from this game.

Time to regroup and go back to the basics. Back to our actual home ground next week against a team that's coming off a bye and may also be flat.

Did you take the $2.14?

There is ZERO movement in front of the ball, there are never short options because there are no gaps in the opposition zone that are left from hard leads, because why would you bother when the person with the ball couldn't hit the kick anyway? Carlton were dominant at the center bounce but that only highlighted how much better they are than us at moving the footy. Bomb to 30 out, repeat. I am not convinced this is achievable in finals, you need to be able to use the footy and pin point leading forwards. We were in the 8 on the live ladder, then was given an absolute lesson.

On Nokia C2 2nd Edition using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was moonwalking my ass of today thinking we were going to be percentage shy of being in the top eight after the game. Being a Suns fan is a constant process of dying. I know we need to see through the mud to find the diamonds but all we keep coming up with is turds. Dew can put whipped cream all he wants on todays game, but it’s still a bloody huge turd.

Not that it would’ve changed much, but B.Humphrey - 2 centre bounces attended after looking incredible there pre-bye, our entire midfield sh*tting the bed, and Bear being the only player to look like he gave a f*ck out there.

WTF

I thought the same thing, I was like get him in there. Not sure why Powel was in there

We're not playing finals, end of story.
We came out okay in the first and should have run away with the game.
We then let the team in 15th score 10 in a row against us and then run out winning by a point under ten goals.
Can blame the bye all you like but they didn't have the heart today.
Will have to have a couple of serious upsets over the next few weeks but can't see it happening after today.
Just devastated
Again

Probably the first game where we were clearly missing Miller, no way he allows that run of CB clearances. Can only hope that performance kicks everyone into gear for the back nine

Andrew will get there but if we were actually serious about winning today he shouldn't have been anywhere near the team sheet other than doing copies for the team meeting
This was a day for hard bodies and hard noses
The Emperor was not only nude today but back sack and crack'd

Spot on. Not ready physically or mentally. And after his reported unprofessionalism, why has he been rewarded a senior so quickly?

Some of his defensive match ups each game are farcical and leave us vulnerable.

I don’t understand why Dew is trying to fast track him so much. Other players must be getting pissed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back