Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1689787860245.png
park hissing GIF

At this point it might become obvious that I haven't been at my computer since July

B- Lemmens Collins Andrew
HB- Long Ballard Atkins
C- Ellis Rowell Fiorini
HF- Ainsworth Lukosious Humphrey
F- Rosas King Casboult
FOLL- Witts Anderson Miller
I/C- Flanders, Swallow, Macpherson, Sharp
Sub- Holman

B- Lemmens Collins Andrew
HB- Long Ballard Atkins
C- Ellis Rowell Fiorini
HF- Ainsworth Lukosious Humphrey
F- Rosas King Casboult
FOLL- Witts Anderson Miller
I/C- Flanders, Swallow, Macpherson, Sharp
Sub- Holman
Unfortunately, Sharp won’t get a game.

Holman as sub sounds fine to me, but can’t see the club doing that either. But maybe King might spin some magnets now the season is all but done.

Long for Powell is likely. Maybe Farrar.

Hollands being subbed out two games in a row doesn’t bode well, but he did play well a few weeks back. Don’t know what to make of him, tbh. As an individual, one of the most disappointing stories of this season.

Struggling to see hollands become the player we hoped. Starting to get bowes/fiorini vibes where seems to be a really talented footballer but lacks the burst of speed required at the level. Hope I'm wrong. Wouldn't be against listening to offers and maybe pulling the trigger if a really good offer was on the table.

Back to where we were last year with no half backs ( weller,Powell, Budarick and add Jeffery) really important part of the ground and will make it hard to get any more wins this year. Do we put luko back even though he's been great forward this year? Or debut Johnstone? Or just roll out Ellis or fiorini there to fill a hole and not really learn much.

Back to where we were last year with no half backs ( weller,Powell, Budarick and add Jeffery) really important part of the ground and will make it hard to get any more wins this year. Do we put luko back even though he's been great forward this year? Or debut Johnstone? Or just roll out Ellis or fiorini there to fill a hole and not really learn much
Bringing in 0 depth to support these 3 injury prone half-backs was a real masterstroke by Cameron. I guess they thought Ben Long would fill that role? Which really doesn’t support their argument.

Thank god Atkins remembered how to play football after he got rid of the Dew otherwise I don’t think we would be able to get the ball out of defensive 50.

I think we have to go with
Lemmens Collins Andrew
Farrar Ballard Atkins
+ Long

Bringing in 0 depth to support these 3 injury prone half-backs was a real masterstroke by Cameron. I guess they thought Ben Long would fill that role? Which really doesn’t support their argument.

Thank god Atkins remembered how to play football after he got rid of the Dew otherwise I don’t think we would be able to get the ball out of defensive 50.

I think we have to go with
Lemmens Collins Andrew
Farrar Ballard Atkins
+ Long
Yeah seems the most likely outcome. Take with a grain of salt but someone on the Adelaide board has us linked to ryan Burton, probably a decent option to strengthen that depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we still make finals?
The answer is yes, but this game is a non-negotiable for that to be possible. Fortunately for us we get Captain Touk back and we've won our last two games against the Swans at the SCG so it's not as if this is a foreign challenge for our players. From there we just need at least one of the following teams to lose over the weekend which is very likely: Blues (v Dees), Bulldogs (v Hawks), Saints (v Tigers) or Giants (v Power). If all four lose then our chances improve dramatically but we only need one to lose for our season to stay alive. Carlton in particular is the one we really want to lose to the Demons on Saturday night because we face them at The Bank the following week and our fate is in our own hands to some degree, at least until the final round results are known.

So the answer is yes and it's extremely likely we stay alive for at least another week if we beat the Swans.

The answer is yes, but this game is a non-negotiable for that to be possible. Fortunately for us we get Captain Touk back and we've won our last two games against the Swans at the SCG so it's not as if this is a foreign challenge for our players. From there we just need at least one of the following teams to lose over the weekend which is very likely: Blues (v Dees), Bulldogs (v Hawks), Saints (v Tigers) or Giants (v Power). If all four lose then our chances improve dramatically but we only need one to lose for our season to stay alive. Carlton in particular is the one we really want to lose to the Demons on Saturday night because we face them at The Bank the following week and our fate is in our own hands to some degree, at least until the final round results are known.

So the answer is yes and it's extremely likely we stay alive for at least another week if we beat the Swans.
We are 2 wins away from 8th spot
And 5 teams above us with more points and higher percentage.
With 3 games to go.

We are done.
Well done.. like charcol you scrape off the bottom of your bbq

We are 2 wins away from 8th spot
And 5 teams above us with more points and higher percentage.
With 3 games to go.

We are done.
Well done.. like charcol you scrape off the bottom of your bbq
That's misleading to only mention 8th position. We're also 2 wins away from 6th spot so that's 3 opportunities to move within 1 win of a top 8 spot should we beat the Swans and 1 of those teams lose. I also think it's pretty likely that Carlton are going to lose to Melbourne so we'd get the opportunity to move within half a win of the Blues the following week in that circumstance. Tell you what - let's revisit this post at the end of the round and if I'm wrong then I'll concede but I think it's pretty likely that we'll be within 1 win of a top 8 position should we beat the Swans on Saturday arvo.

Hey guys - fantasy question obviously, what are the chances of Constable coming in for Powell?
We may aswell make the fantasy community happy, but i doubt it.
Macpherson has played forward last two weeks, so he would go back and Berry/Oea or someone comes in

So Braeden Campbell will miss this game through suspension which should restrict their outside distribution from the wing/half back as he's probably the best kick at the Swans. Rampe also looks like he's going to miss this game and we know Buddy is done so that's three significant outs from the last time we played Sydney.

SUNS to go on an amazing run for the last 3 weeks, winning all games by 10goals plus.
Three 1-point victories may very well be enough ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back