Autopsy Round 22 vs Sydney Swans @ Sydney Cricket Ground - 12/08/23 - 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the Yang of which I speak
Umpires will say "it was there" -of course it was-technically-but we don't seem to get them coming our way
And we won’t. The crowd don’t influence the umpires enough in home games, let alone away games. My experiences at Metricon/Heritage is that the crowd is pretty quiet until maybe halfway through the 3rd quarter (if the game is still alive).

But it’s getting better. Crowd experience is definitely on the up.

Josh Drummond pushed for Day to be selected I hear. For shame.

A bit surprised nobody talked about one puzzling decision by Steven King at halftime highlighted by King on First Crack and that is taking Miller tag off Gulden.

King explanation was even more puzzling at presser. Something about we decided to go for a win. We were actually winning (if Atkins was not lazy and killed the ball we would be up by 9 points) and tag worked a treat. Miller was destroying Gulden (only 3 kicks at HT) and our midfield worked well without Miller there.

That's it for you, Steven :)

Last edited:
A bit surprised nobody talked about one puzzling decision by Steven King at halftime highlighted by King on First Crack and that is taking Miller tag off Gulden.

King explanation was even more puzzling at presser. Something about we decided to go for a win. We were actually winning (if Atkins was not lazy and killed the ball we would be up by 9 points) and tag worked a treat. Miller was destroying Gulden (only 3 kicks at HT) and our midfield worked well without Miller there.

That's it for you, Steven :)
True. It’s clearly something we’ve tried to employ since the Lions game where Miller dominated Neale for the whole game.

We tried last week against Crows as well with Swallow tagging Dawson, then again with Miller v Goulden. In both instances, releasing the tag after HT didn’t help us though.

True. It’s clearly something we’ve tried to employ since the Lions game where Miller dominated Neale for the whole game.

We tried last week against Crows as well with Swallow tagging Dawson, then again with Miller v Goulden. In both instances, releasing the tag after HT didn’t help us though.
Yeah, I thought Swallow did a good job on Dawson in first half.

Watching the replay, and maybe it is just me, but felt like we were a lot closer to winning that game then the final margin suggests.
They kicked a few they could have missed, we missed a few we could have kicked.
The group of Miller, Rowell, Ando and Flanders is a real good modern mix of mids. No 6'4" bull but enough contested winning to carry that.
Hope we can keep Flanders.

AFL R22: Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns Review – Season definitely fizzling out
The Suns have now lost 10 of 12 games by giving up more than 100 points, that’s 4 more times than last year. Clearly the Suns are having a problem with containing their opponents when they get the upper hand in games.

6 kickable goals missed by my count. That was more than enough to have won the game. Casboult will be filthy with himself for his misses. His leads were excellent but if you can’t finish the job you don’t really get the credit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back