Autopsy Round 22 vs Sydney Swans @ Sydney Cricket Ground - 12/08/23 - 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what we heard a few weeks ago, right? That King was playing with a niggle and I guess they've decided to pull the plug after the Crows loss. Another way to look at it is that the boys have been pretty good in milestone games this year (Swallow's 200th win over Geelong, Holman's 100th win over the Bulldogs, Collins' 100th win over Brisbane) and perhaps they think Day's inclusion could inspire an away win.

Teams are out.

Touk and Day in. King, Tsitas & Powell out.

Noz has been named on the halfback line, Lukosius on the wing and Day at FF.

Emergencies are Chol, Fiorini, Long & Tsitas.

Wonder if we're going to name Chol as the sub just in case it doesn't work out with Day?

And here is King's niggle since bye. Shut him down.
The young key forward will miss the game with knee soreness after battling through it for the past couple of months but is expected to return to the side for the final two games of the season.

Teams are out.

Touk and Day in. King, Tsitas & Powell out.

Noz has been named on the halfback line, Lukosius on the wing and Day at FF.

Emergencies are Chol, Fiorini, Long & Tsitas.

Wonder if we're going to name Chol as the sub just in case it doesn't work out with Day?
Team Sheet means nothing for positions, I wouldn't be looking to hard at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tanking to make sure we get the best pick possible so we can go up and grab pick 1
You wouldn't bring your best player back into the team if you were tanking. That's not logical at all.

I reckon we've taken a 'wait and see' approach. If we win and a few results go our way then King will come back and we'll have a crack. If we lose then I suspect King won't play again this season.

You wouldn't bring your best player back into the team if you were tanking. That's not logical at all.

I reckon we've taken a 'wait and see' approach. If we win and a few results go our way then King will come back and we'll have a crack. If we lose then I suspect King won't play again this season.
Would of thought Burgess deserves first crack
Or give McLachlan a run see if he is up to it

Would of thought Burgess deserves first crack
Or give McLachlan a run see if he is up to it
Doubt it. I think they'll leave those two to continue their strong partnership in the VFL and give us the best shot at a VFL flag.

If the season is still alive come Monday then I fully expect King to line up against Carlton next week.

Doubt it. I think they'll leave those two to continue their strong partnership in the VFL and give us the best shot at a VFL flag.

If the season is still alive come Monday then I fully expect King to line up against Carlton next week.
Risk doing what we did to Weller?

Your dreaming if you think King is coming back.. to play the last 2 scratch matches

Risk doing what we did to Weller?

Your dreaming if you think King is coming back.. to play the last 2 scratch matches
You obviously didn't read my post correctly. I wrote that IF we beat the Swans AND our season is still alive on Monday then I believe King will return. That would mean the last two games would not be considered "scratch matches". I also stated that if we lose to the Swans then I don't think we'll see King again this season.

How bad are Chol and Burgess going that Sam Day gets a game before them.
Suppose to be on the list for depth ,dont get it.
Now told Ben King has had knee soreness for a couple of months.
With his poor form and soreness why did we keep playing him??
Nothing makes sense.

Nothing makes sense.

Obviously an opportunity to get Day to 150 games, but yeah, Chol and Burgess have every right to be filthy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Nothing makes sense.
I don't think it's difficult to see logic regardless we agree or not.

Sam gets farewell 150 similar to Cunnington, Hurn and others. He is highly respected within the club. No issue for me.

Chol main issue is not being consistent, not working hard. I thought he played better recently in VFL and I would also like to see him in. He is emergency, so he may play in the last 2 games if King/Casboult is put on ice.

Burgess is a 3rd tall but I suspect he is also a possibility in the last 2 games. I like him as a depth but he should look for opportunities somewhere else with King, Luko automatic selections, Chol, Walter coming in, Casboult re-signing and healthy Jeffrey next year.

Really curious what Hardwick will do with forward set-up. 2 or 3 talls? We essentially play 3 talls - King, Casboult and roaming Luko. Then there is Chol, Walter, Burgess, Jeffrey (could play back) Laughlin (if re-signed), Day (probably retires). Also noticed Andrew played briefly forward last week.

I suspect King played with niggle because the season was still alive, and they thought he would contribute more than alternatives. In hindsight, a couple of weeks break after bye looked like a better alternative.

BTW, Steven King spoke highly of Johnston in presser. I hope he gets a game.

Last edited:
5113dce9ee7b415d40ea9ba808d05282.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 22 vs Sydney Swans @ Sydney Cricket Ground - 12/08/23 - 1:45pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back