Fixture Round 19 fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully this comes out soon, this floating fixture is causing havoc for those of us that plan our lives around when our footy team is playing. (Or pretending to play, in my team's case :( )

I've had a crack at what it might look like, let me know what I've got wrong.

1626148272659.png

Geelong v Richmond on Thursday seems a no-brainer despite Richmond's current form slump, as it doesn't involve either side having a five-day break.

Friday night is a lot tougher, there's no good candidate. Sydney v Fremantle would be ideal with both sides in good form, except I can't see them scheduling a game at a neutral venue which will probably be two-thirds empty for Friday night, and the Swans won't be back at the SCG any time soon. Essendon v GWS is the other best matchup but that would mean a five-day break for the Bombers. So they'll have to put Hawks v Lions on and hope it's a better match than the Hawks' form suggests.

n
Hopefully this comes out soon, this floating fixture is causing havoc for those of us that plan our lives around when our footy team is playing. (Or pretending to play, in my team's case :( )

I've had a crack at what it might look like, let me know what I've got wrong.

View attachment 1176817

Geelong v Richmond on Thursday seems a no-brainer despite Richmond's current form slump, as it doesn't involve either side having a five-day break.

Friday night is a lot tougher, there's no good candidate. Sydney v Fremantle would be ideal with both sides in good form, except I can't see them scheduling a game at a neutral venue which will probably be two-thirds empty for Friday night, and the Swans won't be back at the SCG any time soon. Essendon v GWS is the other best matchup but that would mean a five-day break for the Bombers. So they'll have to put Hawks v Lions on and hope it's a better match than the Hawks' form suggests.
Not that we deserve it, but it could be Collingwood v Port. Probably be a better game than Lions Hawks

Apparently there's no more Thursday night after this week

That would make it easier. Geelong v Richmond on Friday night, even if it’s one-sided would still attract a lot of eyeballs.

n

Not that we deserve it, but it could be Collingwood v Port. Probably be a better game than Lions Hawks

Similar problem, you guys play on the Sunday before so you’d only get a five-day break.

That would make it easier. Geelong v Richmond on Friday night, even if it’s one-sided would still attract a lot of eyeballs.

Similar problem, you guys play on the Sunday before so you’d only get a five-day break.
we haven't had a 5 day break yet this season so its possible. Essendon has, so it can't be them. Not sure about Brisbane or Hawthorn

n

Looks like that’s the Friday game after all, with Cats-Tigers scheduled as Seven’s Sunday game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back