Game Day Round 4 - Port Adelaide v Essendon, Adelaide Oval, Friday 5/4/24, 8.10pm AEDST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can’t have an ‘edge’ when you play a quarter like that. That was very soft.
McGrath with 18 seconds left kicks it back through the corridor for a turnover. Draper can’t be bothered to mark it on the full and results in a goal. Rozee allowed to run with no opponent. Shouldn’t need the coach to give them a bake at half time. Where are the leaders other than Merrett?? Goal after goal very easy

Settle mate. He’s just having a bad night. Not sure where this generalisation is coming from. He’ll be fine.
Nah f that. I’m almost over it. If you’re going to be a unco clumsy ruck, then play that role and give the ball off whenever you get it and also play with presence. He thinks he has the right to try and kck goal of the year every time he gets it. 20 turnovers for 1 crazy play, it just kills the team. Just soccering the ball on the ground straight to opposition for no reason. He hardly wins tap outs, gets muscled off the ball, doesn’t take marks, he can’t run out games and he can’t kick. So what’s his actual value to the side. He’s 8 years in and they still need to bring goldy in because we can’t trust him as solo ruck.

Should we throw money at English? Draper is not a future first ruckman. You can put his head on as many t-shirts and ads as you want, his liabilities as a number 1 ruckman costs too much to this team.
For all the criticism of Draper, Goldstein has been the one that's looked more of a liability to me. Zero contest in a number of centre bounces some leading to goals.

Draper won't ever be a really consistent type ruckman, he's going to be a nic Nat type so you have to wear the good with the bad. Goldstein having a mare has hurt us

Do we not know how to exploit the Alir vs Menzie matchup? Send Jones to Alir 2v1, they either swap him off or Menzie is completely free as an option every time..?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port just playing a as per normal normal but ess look rattled. Unsure when the next win comes. Sorry to be negative. The first quarter was good though.

Horrible quarter. Too many joggers, other than Merrett who do we have that can deliver the ball inside 50 and hit a target?? No composure. Martin is the only one I can think of, yet let's play him at half back....

The fangirling makes him think his sh*t doesn't stink and it permeates into the selection table. I'm not melting, I'm speaking on something I've thought for 2 years. He is a liability and gets an out because people like you all over the club think he's a rockstar.

And the thing is, it wouldn't be that bad if he was off if he was at least competitive, he can't even give that. And why would he when people brown nose him so much. No fear for his spot. Uergh.
Okay. You're full of shit.
I've never said anything to the effect of him being a 'rockstar', let alone a star.
...and others opinions of him 'permeates into the selection table'? Lol whut? Show me the evidence please.
You can't for any of that utter tripe.
Sit down, stop melting and stop embarrassing yourself.

For all the criticism of Draper, Goldstein has been the one that's looked more of a liability to me. Zero contest in a number of centre bounces some leading to goals.

Draper won't ever be a really consistent type ruckman, he's going to be a nic Nat type so you have to wear the good with the bad. Goldstein having a mare has hurt us
Yeh but Nic nat was one of the greatest tap ruck man ever seen. Giving silver service to his mids. Draper just hits the ball anyway, there’s no footy iq or ruck craft involved

Horrible quarter. Too many joggers, other than Merrett who do we have that can deliver the ball inside 50 and hit a target?? No composure. Martin is the only one I can think of, yet let's play him at half back....
To be fair the forward line looked a bit dysfunctional. Not a lot of space to lead into or great crumbing. At times was good pressure though

There’s going to be a lot of attention on that final goal but overall Port’s midfield has the perfect balance of class and hard nosed ball winning, and that’s what is killing us.

The challenge for the second half is to stay with them as much as possible and make them earn it.
Agree. We've had some unlucky bounces, umpire non-calls, poor skills and a bit of laziness. Had a few patches of our own hard-nosed effort but not a lot of reward and seemed to give up. Need to reinvigorate and focus. Play batd even if they go man on man. Make them earn every possession.

I think we should've went into this game expecting Port to kick a high score by the end of the game.

So it's down to us to put this 2nd quarter behind us and do what we can to match it when it's all said and done.

That's the only way we'll progress in this game. At least to aim for a respectable finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back