Review Round 5, 2024 - Melbourne vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Melbourne?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That just said they'll look at it or something along those lines, but these conspiracies of commentatiors got it in for the Lions is silly they gave us a lot of praise
Did you actually watch Ralph's monologue ?

I'm not in to conspiracies , I'm just commentating on exactly what Ralph said which was clearly a mistruth.

Didn’t love that from Answerth either tbh. We were already beating them and Petty had like 2 possessions for the night. Gives him fuel for next time
Petty can have as much fuel as he wants. He’s a spud, he is mentally weak and hasn’t shown any sign of being able to effectively use fuel added to the fire.

I love being pleasantly surprised. Very proud of the club winning a big away game on the road in front of a national audience.

First time since the subs been a thing that we didn’t activate it. Odd in itself given Jimmy gets credited with a game without having actually played.

i do find it a bit off that all it takes is one bad game from hipwood or daniher for the media to start calling them flaky whereas melbournes trio of brown / van rooyen / petty can spud it up for weeks at a time and nothing is said

I was just thinking the same thing... Ah Chee/Lohmann/Gardiner/Answerth?? Then you have Will Ashcroft coming back in a month or so.

Good problem to have.

I’d be very hesitant to drop Answerth and Lohmann, both have been showing great intent which helps lift the team overall.

I love Ah Chee as a blanket rule, but he has seemed a bit off recently. Still think Gardiner might be the one that makes the most sense

i do find it a bit off that all it takes is one bad game from hipwood or daniher for the media to start calling them flaky whereas melbournes trio of brown / van rooyen / petty can spud it up for weeks at a time and nothing is said

But then we get like 20 good games out of it on the upside

Larry David Reaction GIF

Oh dear 7 are asking gawn if they lost tonight because of their ‘tough draw’ - what world are we living in.

To start last year we had 3 games in 12 days as well, went 1-2 and no one ever used that as an excuse for our performance against the dogs. Then had a 7 day break and beat up Collingwood at home.

I feel worse for WA team supporters. Who have an east coast trip basically every fortnight and have to read this load of bullocks.

If you’re Melbourne, you take being 2-1 in this three game stretch. Just happened to lose against us at the MCG instead of Port at AO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Things I learnt tonight:
  • Lloyd is a hack
  • Answorth is gud
  • Petty iz bed
  • Zorko at back is a lock
  • Throw the kitchen sink at Bags
  • Still need to head to a four quarter effort
  • Not convinced on Hippy yet, got too quiet at the end
  • Oscar and Bailey were not that bad

That is all for now.

Not sure what you read, but basically the only thing about Melbourne that gets criticised for the past 3 years is how their forwardline is a bit s**t

I think the thing that could save Charlie was that it really didn't seem to hurt Lever who contributed to the sling and exaggerated the contact

The thing that will go against him is not playing for a Victorian team
I’d like to think given Toby Green had nothing to answer for last week that Charlie should be fine irrespective that the Vic media will try to get CC suspended. Flogs

Melbourne is the flag favourites but that forward line tonight with those 3 were terrible.

Not sure what you read, but basically the only thing about Melbourne that gets criticised for the past 3 years is how their forwardline is a bit s**t
ive never seen pundits go after any melbourne kpf personally like they do hipwood or daniher

Something something 3KZ is Football something something Froggy Lester something something box of tissues?
in fairness to 3kz lester would be up there with mccarthy as one of our most dependable foot soldiers this year

just getting the job done every week, and dare i say improving on his already impressive form last year

he was right on that one

in fairness to 3kz lester would be up there with mccarthy as one of our most dependable foot soldiers this year

just getting the job done every week, and dare i say improving on his already impressive form last year

he was right on that one
No argument from me. Terrific tonight and this season so far.

Back