Autopsy Round 9, 2024 : Hawks slap the Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Battle stood out more than Hill
Battle hs been mentioned a number of times in the past as a potential trade or FA target. He impressed me as a talent but perhaps we have enough of his type.

Does anyone know if he has indicated he wants to come to Hawthorn - that might make a difference to my thinking.

He's our #1 ruck right now.

Omeara seems like a nice dude but he is playing well below his career averages stat wise

Meek on the otherhand is smokin his career averages

fair to say we won that trade but fremantles 2 games ahead of us. Looking forward to Meek Vs Darcy
I will say this though. And this is no disrespect to the Hawks or Meek.

Meeks career averages has risen rapidly is because he has been bulked up and developed. Plus he has been given consistent game time.

I knew once Meek was traded to another club, he was gonna be getting a chance to be decent. Again it has happened more often than people think.

There has been many ruckmen that will play like 15-20 games over a 2-5 year period, goes to a 2nd club and becomes decent. Jono Griffin, Sam Jacobs and Rob Warnock are fine examples.

Saying that Meek Just turned 26 years old. So he has a few good years left in him.

I will say this though. And this is no disrespect to the Hawks or Meek.

Meeks career averages has risen rapidly is because he has been bulked up and developed. Plus he has been given consistent game time.

I knew once Meek was traded to another club, he was gonna be getting a chance to be decent. Again it has happened more often than people think.

There has been many ruckmen that will play like 15-20 games over a 2-5 year period, goes to a 2nd club and becomes decent. Jono Griffin, Sam Jacobs and Rob Warnock are fine examples.

Saying that Meek Just turned 26 years old. So he has a few good years left in him.
Marc Pittonet is another example - performing well with Carlton after quite a few years on our list when he could not get a regular game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back