SA State Guernsey

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember wondering the same thing a few years ago. As far as I know, they have never been available for purchase and the only way you can get one is to play in a state game- or know someone who's willing to give you theirs.

There was a time when you could actually buy them. I know a few people who bought them for the SA v Vics trip in '89.

They used to sell them in Rowe and Jarman back in the days of State of Origin. I owned one in the mid 90's as a kid and gave it away when I grew out of it. If I had of known they were going to stop selling them I would have hung on to it. The death of interstate footy saw them stop being sold, perhaps the SANFL should release them, would be ag good money spinner for the league.

They used to sell them in Rowe and Jarman back in the days of State of Origin. I owned one in the mid 90's as a kid and gave it away when I grew out of it. If I had of known they were going to stop selling them I would have hung on to it. The death of interstate footy saw them stop being sold, perhaps the SANFL should release them, would be ag good money spinner for the league.

They were only released for sale for one year and i too purchased one for a training jumper and like you once i grew out of it i gave it to a mates younger brother. It was only few years later when i went to buy another that i found this out. doh!

If i too had known that, there would have been NO way i would have passed it on.

They were only released for sale for one year and i too purchased one for a training jumper and like you once i grew out of it i gave it to a mates younger brother. It was only few years later when i went to buy another that i found this out. doh!

If i too had known that, there would have been NO way i would have passed it on.

So this is why I thought you couldn't purchase them. Years and years ago, in the days of Rowe and Jarman, I went to buy one and was told they didn't sell them because the SANFL had decided they wouldn't be available to the public.

So this is why I thought you couldn't purchase them. Years and years ago, in the days of Rowe and Jarman, I went to buy one and was told they didn't sell them because the SANFL had decided they wouldn't be available to the public.

If i HAD to make a guess i would have said it was either 1989 or 1990 they were released for sale, with 91 a distant third. Only other way to get one was to earn it. Missed out on getting a u/15 state jumper when Adam Hueskus beat me for the last ruck spot on the team, they made the right call, lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back