Sat'day Arvo Fever: Book

Remove this Banner Ad

"Barker!"

Draftee
Aug 17, 2004
Other Teams
st.kilda
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G'Day, Matthew Hardy here.

(Not sure how to use this fansite properly so am sending it once to each team's board?)

Thanks to the (almost!) hundreds of footy fans who've contacted me one way or another over the past couple of years about where they might get a copy of my book 'Saturday Afternoon Fever' - about wanting to be a footy star as a kid but gradually growing into adulthood and sadly realising it wasn't meant to be due, to a total lack of all the requisite skills, both physical and mental. It also covers the standard suburban rites-of-passage such as first kiss, first drink, first car, first job, first 'lover', almost all of which, in my case anyway, were disasters. Anyway, luckily for me the book sold out it's first two print runs and was recently picked up in the draft by Random House and thus hit the shelves again last week. So those of you who've enquired as to how a copy might be obtained, there's your answer! If you didn't enquire, sorry for wasting your time. I took an upfront fee from the publishers so this seriously isn't intended to drum up sales. Unless it sells heaps! and it turns out I took the wrong option. Like the original actors in Star Wars did. "No, I'll take an upfront fee, don't think much will become of this movie". Duh!!

Regards

Matthew Hardy

To LONGBOMB

To Longbomb,

I'm his mate, but Matty was showing me the heaps of letters and e-mails he's had about his book, which was out of print for a couple of years. It's just been re-printed and he's now getting letters saying saying "yeah thanks for replying ****************, I just found it myself". So, as he's no good with the net, I offered an idea to let everyone know at once, which is this, and Matt said yep, fine, it sounds good, do it please. But as I'm not much better on the net myself, at least with this Big Footy fansite, and as it has maybe come across as spamming, I'd better stop and tell him I've done it. he won't know any better and will think he's done the right thing. Sorry 'bout that!

Groves

Re: To LONGBOMB

Fair enough. I reckon It is probably a great book. I do like MH on 'the run home'.

Not sure If you need to post about it in every teams forum though. The main forum would prolly do just fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back