Coaching Staff Satterley, Greaves, Nichol - Development Line Coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it might be over the top to have separate threads for each of these relatively minor members of the coaching group (no offense to them), so here is the place for discussion regarding our three Development/Asst. line Coaches.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124279/default.aspx

The Demons have also appointed former Werribee senior coach Paul Satterley as its development forward line coach.

Before coaching the Werribee senior team in the VFL, Satterley spent two years as its development coach, overseeing the side’s first and second year players.

At the TAC Cup level, Satterley previously held positions as an assistant coach with Western Jets and as senior coach of Northern Knights.

As a player, Satterley spent three years with the Western Bulldogs from 1992 to 1995, later returning to the VFL to win the Liston Trophy while playing for Werribee.

Melbourne coach Mark Neeld said Satterley comes to Melbourne with a impressive football resume.

“Paul comes with a strong coaching background at multiple levels, including the TAC Cup and VFL. He brings experience to our coaching group, and we welcome him on board,” he said.

Satterley said: “I’m thrilled to be working with the Melbourne Football Club. I’ve put in some hard yards to get this opportunity, and I’m really looking forward to working with Mark Neeld and the other coaches to help develop and improve us as a football club.”

Satterley will report to the club’s forward line coach, Leigh Brown.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/123889/default.aspx

Royal and Greaves to oversee midfield

MELBOURNE has appointed Brian Royal as its midfield coach for 2012, with Geelong Falcons coach Aaron Greaves named as midfield assistant coach.

Greaves will report to Royal, who takes over from 2011 midfield coach Scott West.

New senior coach Mark Neeld said he was delighted to secure Greaves.

“I am very pleased to have Aaron on board in this development role. The combination of his coaching skills from the Geelong Falcons, and his work with the VIS in the area of athlete development, will all ensure that he adds quality to our growing coaching group,” he said.

A highly-respected coach from the Geelong region, Greaves coached the Falcons in 2010-11.

A former VFL player with Geelong, he previously coached Leopold in the Geelong Football League.

Greaves, who has a physical education background, has also worked with Victorian Institute of Sport.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124978/default.aspx
Nichol joins Dees in backline role

MELBOURNE has appointed Andrew Nichol as its backline development coach.

Nichol coached the under 16 Vic Metro academy program and was an assistant coach at Oakleigh Chargers in 2011. He was also head of health, sport and physical education at Scotch College Junior School.

He had previously been an assistant coach at Box Hill in the VFL.

The 36-year-old played three matches for Western Bulldogs in 1995.

Nichol made his AFL debut against Collingwood in round 12, 1995.

A key position player, he played in the Bulldogs reserves premiership team as a supplementary list player in 1994.

He was then drafted by the Bulldogs in the 1995 Pre-Season Draft (No.37 overall).

Nichol will work closely with Jade Rawlings, who was recently appointed Melbourne’s backline coach.

Former defensive coach Brian Royal will now oversee the midfield, with Aaron Greaves the development midfield coach.

And the recently retired Leigh Brown will coach the forward line, with Paul Satterley the development coach in attack.

These changes are on top of Melbourne’s significant appointments: Mark Neeld as senior coach, Neil Craig as director of sports performance and Dave Misson as elite performance manager.

Todd Viney, who stepped in as interim coach late last season, now has an expanded position as general manager of player development and strategy.

What do people think these three men will be in charge of? The 'Development' tag is quite vague - will they be overlooking the day-to-day training of their respective player groups perhaps?

Whatever they do, I like the expansion of the coaching group to include these positions.

Discuss.

Re: Satterley, Greaves, _____ - Development Line Coaches

Yep, I think they will be overlooking the day-to-day training aspect as well.

I think they'll have much more individualized responsibilities per player.

Apparently they are also going to be line coaches at Casey.

Apparently they are also going to be line coaches at Casey.

That seems strange, I wonder how many times they'll be able to do both games over the course of the season? It seems a good idea though in that there will be a better level of continuity between the Dees team and Casey.

http://www.melbournefc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7415/newsid/124978/default.aspx
Nichol joins Dees in backline role

MELBOURNE has appointed Andrew Nichol as its backline development coach.

Nichol coached the under 16 Vic Metro academy program and was an assistant coach at Oakleigh Chargers in 2011. He was also head of health, sport and physical education at Scotch College Junior School.

He had previously been an assistant coach at Box Hill in the VFL.

The 36-year-old played three matches for Western Bulldogs in 1995.

Nichol made his AFL debut against Collingwood in round 12, 1995.

A key position player, he played in the Bulldogs reserves premiership team as a supplementary list player in 1994.

He was then drafted by the Bulldogs in the 1995 Pre-Season Draft (No.37 overall).

Nichol will work closely with Jade Rawlings, who was recently appointed Melbourne’s backline coach.

Former defensive coach Brian Royal will now oversee the midfield, with Aaron Greaves the development midfield coach.

And the recently retired Leigh Brown will coach the forward line, with Paul Satterley the development coach in attack.

These changes are on top of Melbourne’s significant appointments: Mark Neeld as senior coach, Neil Craig as director of sports performance and Dave Misson as elite performance manager.

Todd Viney, who stepped in as interim coach late last season, now has an expanded position as general manager of player development and strategy.

Interesting CV there, seems like a very speculative selection.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back